Buffy The Vampire Slayer

I got Angel Season One yesterday. Woot!

I liked the episode where he becomes human.

Season 1 was great if not just for fact it had Doyle and also the scene where angel dances "I don't dance" :lol:

I'm slowly working my way through both Buffy and Angel again. I just finished Angel Season 2 today and am watching Buffy Season 5 as I type this. :D

Maybe tomorrow, I'll go pick up the first Season 8 comic.

So before reading the comic I thought I'd finish watching the last 11 episodes of season 7 that I haven't seen yet. So far I've wtached Potential and The Killer In Me.

And they were very, very not good.

I don't remember the first half of season 7 being so bad, though I haven't seen it in almost three years.

But these were almost terrible. I hope the rest of the season isn't such a chore to get through.

So before reading the comic I thought I'd finish watching the last 11 episodes of season 7 that I haven't seen yet. So far I've wtached Potential and The Killer In Me.

And they were very, very not good.

I don't remember the first half of season 7 being so bad, though I haven't seen it in almost three years.

But these were almost terrible. I hope the rest of the season isn't such a chore to get through.

Most people didn't like Season 7, if I recall. I didn't mind it.

Most people didn't like Season 7, if I recall. I didn't mind it.

I liked season 7. Not the best season but I think buffy angel never had a bad season just ones that are not quiet as good as others if that makes sense

I liked the last season as a whole, but it was far from the best.

I really didn't like the ending, though. The idea of there being hundreds of slayers seemed stupid to me.

I liked season 7. It was felt like it was bringing back some of the energy from the early seasons as compared to S4 (apart from Hush, was not that good) and S5 (which was probably the worst season).
The final episode was awesome and 'Him' was one of the finest comedy episodes they have done
Buffy: Willow, you're a gay woman! And he... isn't.
Willow: This isn't about his physical presence! It's about his heart.
Anya: His physical presence has a penis!

Some seasons were better than others.

But they were all good.

I really liked Cabeb.

I liked him as well. What he did to xander was just sick also he lead to one of my favourite scenes with spike punching a punching bag with a little drawing of angel on it :lol:

For me, I think season 1 was cool, season 2 was better, and then season 3 got even better. That was the best season. 4 was good, but not as good as 2. 5 was worse still, but enjoyable. 6 was rather dull save for the last three episodes which were amazing, and 7 was just dire. I hated 7.

Angel, I think season 1 was cool, season 2 was its best season. 3 and 4 are its worst, and 5 is pretty solid. Season 4... some of its great, some of its dull. It comes and goes. I think if the season was shorter in the number of episodes, it would rock. Season 3 is okay. It's not bad, but it's not as good as the other 4. Season 3 is just too much tension, it put me off Angel for years sadly.

For me, I think season 1 was cool, season 2 was better, and then season 3 got even better. That was the best season. 4 was good, but not as good as 2. 5 was worse still, but enjoyable. 6 was rather dull save for the last three episodes which were amazing, and 7 was just dire. I hated 7.

Angel, I think season 1 was cool, season 2 was its best season. 3 and 4 are its worst, and 5 is pretty solid. Season 4... some of its great, some of its dull. It comes and goes. I think if the season was shorter in the number of episodes, it would rock. Season 3 is okay. It's not bad, but it's not as good as the other 4. Season 3 is just too much tension, it put me off Angel for years sadly.

For me buffy season 2 - best , season 4 - worst

Angel season 2 +4 - best , 5 - worst but has some good stand alone episodes

What was wrong with 5 as a season? It was a stand-alone episode season. Each ep was self-contained, which was nice considering the stream of consciousness approach to season 4. What's really annoying about 5 is that Angel had just turned into a new direction. Brand new one. And then got cancelled. (A bit like B5, but JMS chose to do that... :crazy: )

Last edited:
What was wrong with 5 as a season? It was a stand-alone episode season. Each ep was self-contained, which was nice considering the stream of consciousness approach to season 4. What's really annoying about 5 is that Angel had just turned into a new direction. Brand new one. And then got cancelled. (A bit like B5, but JMS chose to do that... :crazy: )

my problem with season 5 is that they added more humour that what angel originally had. Yes there was a couple of great episodes e.g - destin. but the added humour made it more like buffy.

Yes angel always had some but not as much. It was a darker version of buffy and that is how it should of stayed the "new direction" you mentioned was making less angel more buffy and I didn't like that.

Still enjoyed the season but it is my least favourite angel one

I see where you're coming from. However, after the dark steamrolling of season 4, plus the fact that they may be the bad guys now, it was appropriately dark. But I understand what you mean - bear in mind, Wes was at his most hardcore in this season. Much more so than season 1 or even 2.

I thought wes was most hardcore in season 3+4 after his throat was sliced and everyone turned on him plus angel tried killing him in hospital

Latest posts

Back