Buzzcope offers 4 page preview of Ultimate Secret #3.

Fredrik Martinsson

Formerly known as Ultimate Warrior
Joined
Dec 1, 2004
Messages
3,012
Location
Between Heaven and Hell
Buzzscope has a four pages preview including the cover up for Ultimate Secret #3.

The original solicitation reads:

ULTIMATE SECRET #3

COVER BY: Steve McNiven
WRITER: Warren Ellis
PENCILS: Tom Raney
INKS: Scott Hanna
COLORED BY: Morry Hollowell
LETTERED BY: Chris Eliopoulos

THE STORY: The comic you’ve been waiting all year for—literally! Ten miles above the Earth, an alien race is bent on stopping humanity from escaping the deadly clutches of Gah Lak Tus—the world devourer. But are they ready to face the combined forces of the Ultimates, the Ultimate Fantastic Four, and Captain Mahr Vehl?! The second act of Warren Ellis’ Galactus Trilogy continues with Steve McNiven (fresh off his stint on New Avengers) bringing the series home in style. Worth it’s wait in gold.

32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP …$2.99


PRICE: $2.99
IN STORES: 09-28-2005
 

iceman

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
1,030
wow, i didn't know the art of this book was so absolutely beautiful. i might need to pick this up now. also: can't waste hawkeye moments.
 

MaxwellSmart

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2004
Messages
3,335
Location
SoCal
I think that it's black widow, but who ever she is she sure is putting the moves on Hawkeye.
 

Bass

Nexus of the World
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
14,167
Location
Folkestone, UK
Thor... laughing... Hawkeye... alive... everyone's so happy...
:cry: :cry:
 

iceman

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
1,030
ok, we still aren't sure he's dead. and thor could end up back on the team, though i suppose he wouldn't be beaming then...

yeah... it is kinda sad.

now i want an ultimates 1.5, which is just the guys hanging out. *tear*
 

selfproclaimed

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2005
Messages
556
Location
Oklahoma, America
the art is good now, don't get me wrong...but i dug the first artist better (can't remember who it is becuase it's been so freaking long since issue #2 came out)
 

Bass

Nexus of the World
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
14,167
Location
Folkestone, UK
iceman said:
now i want an ultimates 1.5, which is just the guys hanging out. *tear*

The Ultimates 1.5 #1
Written by Mark Millar, Pencils and Cover by Bryan Hitch.
"Happiness Pie, part 1." The Ultimates have defeated the Hulk and saved the world from an alien invasion. These two victories have made them the greatest celebrities on Earth and so now they PARTY! Captain America and Wasp enjoy cuddling! Iron Man and Black Widow have a beautiful and passionate romance! Thor is loved by all, and gets on well with his fellow Ultimates! Hawkeye and his family enjoy quality time camping and not being dead! Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch go on globe-trekking! Nick Fury gets a raise and develops meaningful friendships with the group! Even Hulk and Giant Man manage to build a true kinship! With no villain in site, the Ultimates have a year to just relax, sit back with a brew and watch some tee vee, and have some fun before they all get horribly killed. It's all happy! Except for that bit where Gah Lak Tus shows up. But then, nothing happens and no one dies and it will never be mentioned again, so it doesn't matter. Comes with a lollipop.
32 Pages, $2.99, in stores... ah, we're so happy we're not going to pretend we know when this is gonna come out. Peace!
 

Goodwill

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Messages
12,818
Location
Philadelphia, PA
iceman said:
ok, we still aren't sure he's dead. and thor could end up back on the team, though i suppose he wouldn't be beaming then...

yeah... it is kinda sad.

now i want an ultimates 1.5, which is just the guys hanging out. *tear*


Since Ultimate Nightmare, Ultimate Secret, and Ultimate Extinction are taking place between Ultimates 1 and 2, that's what you're getting! :) I guess these stories as well as Ultimate Six and Ultimate War fit into the "off-season" so, really, the Ultimates never get to sleep! :) Shame, huh?

I really like the art here... This is the first time there is interaction between the Ultimates and the Fantastic Four after the brief meeting in #21 so I'm really excited to see what's up. I can't wait to see more Ultimate Capt. Marvel, too. This'll be a good one. When is this coming out?
 

Goodwill

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Messages
12,818
Location
Philadelphia, PA
How so? It was Millar who had to quantify the gap between the two volumes... It should be his fault. Also, it's not like nothing happens in a year, comic-wise. Let's just cut them a break on this one, MwoF. ;)
 

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
Joined
Feb 23, 2005
Messages
13,670
Bass said:
The Ultimates 1.5 #1
Written by Mark Millar, Pencils and Cover by Bryan Hitch.
"Happiness Pie, part 1." The Ultimates have defeated the Hulk and saved the world from an alien invasion. These two victories have made them the greatest celebrities on Earth and so now they PARTY! Captain America and Wasp enjoy cuddling! Iron Man and Black Widow have a beautiful and passionate romance! Thor is loved by all, and gets on well with his fellow Ultimates! Hawkeye and his family enjoy quality time camping and not being dead! Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch go on globe-trekking! Nick Fury gets a raise and develops meaningful friendships with the group! Even Hulk and Giant Man manage to build a true kinship! With no villain in site, the Ultimates have a year to just relax, sit back with a brew and watch some tee vee, and have some fun before they all get horribly killed. It's all happy! Except for that bit where Gah Lak Tus shows up. But then, nothing happens and no one dies and it will never be mentioned again, so it doesn't matter. Comes with a lollipop.
32 Pages, $2.99, in stores... ah, we're so happy we're not going to pretend we know when this is gonna come out. Peace!
Mmmmm....happiness pie....
 

Lynx

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2005
Messages
4,489
Location
Orlando, FL
It's definetly Black Widow. You can see the BW logo on her costume on the right. And I agree with making Extinction take place AFTER U2, but the closer we get to it, the less likely it seems. :?
 

the watcher

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
6,530
Looks good. I'm so waiting to see how thay set up For the Ultimate Extinction.
 

Latest posts

Top