Buzzcope offers 4 page preview of Ultimate Secret #3.

Fuzzy Birds said:
It all looks pretty good, an improvement on the slightly dissapointing UXM annual in terms of art....

Except...

Is it just me, or is there no other artist except Hitch who can accurately draw Iron Man's helmet? That thing is such a funny shape, and it's almost always shown at odd angles and perspectives by other artists....
You may be right and what I'm about to say may be bordering on sacrilege, but I actually prefer Raney's Iron Man to Hitch's.

Hitch is a god and I love that he made Iron Man somewhat more realistic. A big part of that was recognizing that the helmet needed a bit of bulk to it -- it's a piece of technology loaded with circuitry, padding, etc. not a mask. The regular MU Iron Man's helmet isn't any bigger than a head, which just doesn't make sense. But he also has muscle tone too, so whatever…

But the actual design of Hitch's IM helmet never did much for me. I like the curves and shape of Raney's version better.

I'm looking forward to what Joe Mad does with it and hope he understands what Hitch intended with the design, while making it his own.

TheManWithoutFear said:
But he should know no one from this world is familiar with what he has seen.
Uh, they fought the giant resurrected monster that might be something that Thor has really seen before, assuming he is indeed a god. Ergo, it wouldn't be that dumb of a question.

Either that, or he's assuming the people who play with alternate dimension travel and such would be more receptive to his belief that he is indeed a god than the Ultimates and SHIELD were.

Hawkeye101 said:
Well everyone in Ultimate Marvel is as young as humanly possible. Spider-Man is sixteen,

No he's not, he's still 15.

Daredevil is twenty-four, Elektra is twenty-two,

Both have to be older than that if Matt Murdock already has graduated from Law School and opened his own law firm.

the various X-men range from sixteen to twenty,

That sounds about right.

Mr. Fantastic, Invisible girl, and Thing are twenty-two and Johnny is eighteen.

Thats probably right as well.

Captain America, Janet, Hank, and Banner are all twenty six. Thor is thirty.

Ok, now I know you're pulling these out of your ***. Cap is like 80 something. He was probably in his mid to late twenties during WWII, then he was frozen in a block of Ice for almost 60 years. Janet and Hank are definitly older than twenty six, probably early 30's. Not sure about Thor, but I assume he's probalby also in early 30's.

All of these ages are cinfirnmed if you pay attention to the writing close enough.

Which its apparent you haven't been doing.

The rest are speculation, but Hawkeye could be as young as twenty-two.

WHAT?!? Hawkeye helped start SHIELD with Fury, you think he did that when he was 12? Hawkeye is at youngest early 30's.

His eldest is five, so he'd have to be a teen parent, but people are young when they're in the olympics and the secret servivce will take you as young as possible.

Except for him helping to start SHIELD.

Black Widow and Iron Man are up in the air. They're relatively the same age and BW needs to be at least old enough to remember what it was like in the the USSR when it still was in control. So she'd have to be at least twenty-five, but could be as old as thirty, likewise Tony would have to follow suit. But Tony is a human brain, he could achieve the multi-billionare celeb status very young, so twenty-five works for them.

Trust me, they're both older than 25. I put them both in their mid to late 30's, possible Black Widow being in her early thirties.

Jeez, man, you were like way off on most of those.

Hawkeye101 said:
Here's the timeline for the Ultimates in chronological order:

Ultimates: Super-Human
Ultimates: Homeland Security
Ultimate War
Ultimate Six
Ultimate Nightmare
Ultimate Deathlock in USM
Magnetic North
Ultimate Secret
Ultimates 2: Gods and Monsters
Ultimates 2: Grand theft America
Ultimate Extinction

You will find no contradictions to the order they saved the world here.

Magnetic North has to come AFTER the Gods and Monsters arc from Ultimates 2 since apparently Black Widow already has the armor in that story, which she didn't get from Tony until U2 #4. Most likely it occurs in between Gods & Monsters and Grand Theft America.

You also forgot the Ultimate Adventures mini, in which the Ultimates appear to recruit Hawk-Owl and Woody, which also takes place between the first two arcs in the first volume. Check out the timeline for more exact placements.

DIrishB said:
Magnetic North has to come AFTER the Gods and Monsters arc from Ultimates 2 since apparently Black Widow already has the armor in that story, which she didn't get from Tony until U2 #4. Most likely it occurs in between Gods & Monsters and Grand Theft America.
If the Timeline Master says so, than I TOLD YA SO! :D

icemastertron said:
Sorry Buzzcope, but there's a better preview out!

Ya don't have to thank me. Just send me cash! 8)

CBR preview WITH WORDS AND the previously page.

Awesome, thanks for that Ice...Loved the dialogue on all counts, was great. Also liking the art just as much as McNiven's. Also, it concretely states that Ultimate Nightmare happened "a few months" before, and it also indicates that Ultimate Extinction will happen a "few weeks" after Ultimate Secret. This is more evidence that Extinction will indeed end up happening before Ultimates 2, which I rather am against but if it turns out that way, oh well.

DIrishB said:
Awesome, thanks for that Ice...Loved the dialogue on all counts, was great. Also liking the art just as much as McNiven's. Also, it concretely states that Ultimate Nightmare happened "a few months" before, and it also indicates that Ultimate Extinction will happen a "few weeks" after Ultimate Secret. This is more evidence that Extinction will indeed end up happening before Ultimates 2, which I rather am against but if it turns out that way, oh well.
Just pitching something here... but if the trilogy had come out on schedule, would it have finished before Ultimates 2? Or at least before GTA? Because they could have slotted it for pre-U2 because they plan to have something happen in there that was agreed upon by Millar to show a very early glimpse at the traitor. The conspiracy of the Ultimate Universe has gone all the way back to... was it the Hulk UTMU issues or the Iron Man ones? Or both? I can't imagine that they'd ignore the potential to build upon it with a trilogy that heavily uses the Ultimates. Then again, wasn't there something about US/UN addressing said conspiracy? Maybe it was meant so that the revelation of that would have slid neatly into the beginning of U2 and Millar's hints. And then scheduling all went to hell.

jtg3885 said:
Just pitching something here... but if the trilogy had come out on schedule, would it have finished before Ultimates 2?

Without checking, I don't believe so.

jtg3885 said:
Or at least before GTA?

I believe so, just barely.

jtg3885 said:
Just pitching something here... but if the trilogy had come out on schedule, would it have finished before Ultimates 2? Or at least before GTA?

Most likely, as I believe Nightmare started late last year, so had there been no shipping delays and no breaks between the arcs, then it could have concievably finished towards the end of this year, December probably at the latest, as opposed to Extinction just starting after that. Instead we'll probably now have Extinction finishing AFTER U2 (I believe the last issue of U2 ships in February).

Because they could have slotted it for pre-U2 because they plan to have something happen in there that was agreed upon by Millar to show a very early glimpse at the traitor. The conspiracy of the Ultimate Universe has gone all the way back to... was it the Hulk UTMU issues or the Iron Man ones? Or both?

To some degree I believe both, just on different ends of the conspiracy spectrum.

I can't imagine that they'd ignore the potential to build upon it with a trilogy that heavily uses the Ultimates. Then again, wasn't there something about US/UN addressing said conspiracy? Maybe it was meant so that the revelation of that would have slid neatly into the beginning of U2 and Millar's hints. And then scheduling all went to hell.

Could have been, we'll probably never know due to the scheduling delays...I'm wondering if they ever really do plan on addressing the conspiracy, or the FF timeline snafus, or who Osborn was taking to on the phone in USM #1...still a lot of stuff left up in the air after a long time.

DIrishB said:
Most likely, as I believe Nightmare started late last year, so had there been no shipping delays and no breaks between the arcs, then it could have concievably finished towards the end of this year, December probably at the latest, as opposed to Extinction just starting after that. Instead we'll probably now have Extinction finishing AFTER U2 (I believe the last issue of U2 ships in February).
Mark said the last issue might come out in March, the latest.

icemastertron said:
Mark said the last issue might come out in March, the latest.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's a good one!

UltimateE said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's a good one!
They are the words from the man himself (because its planned to be out by February, so that's why he's saying it'll be out my March the latest).

DIrishB said:
Mark who? I thought Ellis and Peterson were working on Extinction? Only Mark I know of is Bagley, and I'm sure he has nothing to do with the Gah Lak Tus trilogy. And so does this mean that Extinction will be starting in December, or February, possibly March? Sorry, my brain is slow today.

No no - Ice was talking about the last issue of Ultimates 2, referenced in your post above his.

Latest posts

Back