Buzzcope offers 4 page preview of Ultimate Secret #3.

icemastertron said:
Tony hitting on Sue...how AWESOME is that?

"I'm going now."

Somehow I'd have thought a millionaire playboy would be much more... suave. If that's the best he can do for lines, it's no wonder he's so impressed when the Widow takes him up.

I have to say - I didn't like the fact that Tony failed so miserably with Sue. Made him seem very pathetic. Really didn't like that at all.

But the rest... GOLD. Absolute GOLD.

Thor is brilliant. I love the fact Ellis gave him a "glorious warrior's" side to him. Nice contrast to his pacifism that seems extremely natural. "Listen -- we'll let Nick Fury do his being-the-Man bit*, and then we'll find beer, yes?" "Dude. Thor wants to get us beer." "Beer rocks."

(*Don't think the reference to Sam Jackson's new film "The Man" was lost on me. Oh, I got it.)

And once again, Captain Mahr Vehl proves he's unbelievably cool. "You're making mistakes, puny human." God, I love him.

I'm really pissed off this took so long to come out and then with a different illustrator to boot - but the quality, in my opinion, hasn't dropped much at all. I'm really excited to get through this trilogy. :D

Thor... so happy... smiling... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Who the hell writes this crap! The dialogue is terrible. Tony is so dumbed down to 100% playboy and nothing else. And Thor's questioning is ridiculous he knows they haven't battled "Lava Man"

Don't like the looks of that at all. Still have a lot of faith in this though.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Tony is so dumbed down to 100% playboy and nothing else.

I agree. At least he could've been 100% cool playboy like Bond.

TheManWithoutFear said:
And Thor's questioning is ridiculous he knows they haven't battled "Lava Man"

I doubt Thor reads Ultimate Fantastic Four. He's too busy saving humanity.

Bass said:
I agree. At least he could've been 100% cool playboy like Bond.
I actually liked the conversation, except for the last two panels where Tony seems so...defeated. They should've ended it at the "That's my boyfriend" line. But I did enjoy Sue's reaction.
I doubt Thor reads Ultimate Fantastic Four. He's too busy saving humanity.
Are you trying to say that Thor wouldn't be a comic book nerd!?
TheManWithoutFear said:
Who the hell writes this crap!
Warren Ellis. Why do you ask?

i like how reed acts. he's still young. to him, solving problems is fun, probably the most fun thing. it makes him almost as detached from reality as 616 reed, but much more likeable and charismatic, which makes him getting sue make sense.

also, i love the way reed and tony react. their huge intellects just bouncing off each other.

oh, and nooooo way hawkeye is twenty-two. he was discussing fighting the Cold War with Nick back in the day. he's at least 30.

Brilliant. I love Ellis even more.

running on what E says. I do like the fact that "Tony and Reed are both geniuses" and how they interact. Especially since the Iron Man Mini. But Reed is acting like this is a joke and Galactus is not a joke.... AT ALL!!! Anyway there's a lot I like about the preview and a lot I don't the dialogue isn't but the interaction is... if that makes sense.

TheManWithoutFear said:
running on what E says. I do like the fact that "Tony and Reed are both geniuses" and how they interact. Especially since the Iron Man Mini. But Reed is acting like this is a joke and Galactus is not a joke.... AT ALL!!! Anyway there's a lot I like about the preview and a lot I don't the dialogue isn't but the interaction is... if that makes sense.

They don't know who and/or what Gah Lak Tus is. It could be a giant alien kid who never got a birthday cake for his birthday, so now he eats planets.

ProjectX2 said:
They don't know who and/or what Gah Lak Tus is. It could be a giant alien kid who never got a birthday cake for his birthday, so now he eats planets.

Exactly. Reed's acting like that because, well, what would you act like if Samuel L Jackson just told you some big nonce was coming to eat your planet? Ellis even explains Reed's behaviour, in a way; he has Mahr Vehl talk about how finding the truth about Gah Lak Tus will seriously give you a mind****. I think by the end of this mini, i.e, the reveal of what the Big Purple is, Reed will look at things a little differently.

Oh and it's even better with words!

MaxwellSmart said:
I'm waiting for Tony to say, "Natasha and I have an understanding."

Heh I was going to say something about that; why would he hit on Sue when he is engaged to Widow...but he isn't at this point - this is before Ultimates 2.

Latest posts

Back