Buzzcope offers 4 page preview of Ultimate Secret #3.

Bass said:
The Ultimates 1.5 #1
Written by Mark Millar, Pencils and Cover by Bryan Hitch.
"Happiness Pie, part 1." The Ultimates have defeated the Hulk and saved the world from an alien invasion. These two victories have made them the greatest celebrities on Earth and so now they PARTY! Captain America and Wasp enjoy cuddling! Iron Man and Black Widow have a beautiful and passionate romance! Thor is loved by all, and gets on well with his fellow Ultimates! Hawkeye and his family enjoy quality time camping and not being dead! Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch go on globe-trekking! Nick Fury gets a raise and develops meaningful friendships with the group! Even Hulk and Giant Man manage to build a true kinship! With no villain in site, the Ultimates have a year to just relax, sit back with a brew and watch some tee vee, and have some fun before they all get horribly killed. It's all happy! Except for that bit where Gah Lak Tus shows up. But then, nothing happens and no one dies and it will never be mentioned again, so it doesn't matter. Comes with a lollipop.
32 Pages, $2.99, in stores... ah, we're so happy we're not going to pretend we know when this is gonna come out. Peace!

:lol:

:|

:sad:

Anyway, the art is pretty good, but it's pretty jarring compared to McNiven.

Ultimates 1.5 #2
Written by Mark Millar, pencils and cover by Bryan Hitch.
The Ultimates are having a pizza party! One problem though, who will deliver to the Triskelion! Hijinks ensue, as a not low Thor gets the munchies, and Iron Man's minibar is dry. This event will change the Ultimate Universe forever! Guest starring Wolverine!

It's definately Black Widow. That's not open to debate.

The art is okay, but not as good as McNiven.

ProjectX2 said:
It's definately Black Widow. That's not open to debate.

The art is okay, but not as good as McNiven.

yeah, its Black Widow with Hawkeye showing her his bow. Maybe she's the traitor cuz Widow and Hawkeye were having an affair (either before or during the Tony romance with Widow) and Hawkeye blew her off, and she went all crazy Fatal Attraction style and killed his family and then him. That would be cool...but somewhat disturbing.

Anyway, I'm still hoping Ultimate Extinction takes place AFTER Ultimates 2. I still have it listed that way on the timeline, and will keep it that way until we learn more about WHEN Extinction takes place. We'll find out soon enough.

DIrishB said:
yeah, its Black Widow with Hawkeye showing her his bow. Maybe she's the traitor cuz Widow and Hawkeye were having an affair (either before or during the Tony romance with Widow) and Hawkeye blew her off, and she went all crazy Fatal Attraction style and killed his family and then him. That would be cool...but somewhat disturbing.
Thats what I thought too immediately.

Goodwill said:
How so? It was Millar who had to quantify the gap between the two volumes... It should be his fault. Also, it's not like nothing happens in a year, comic-wise. Let's just cut them a break on this one, MwoF. ;)
Its still a mistake because there's nothing thats changed dramatically with the Ultimates between one and two. Whoever, be it Marvel or Millar, is jamming them in togethering is basically telling us that nothing too bad is really going to happen to the Ultimates at least.

We already know Tony is going to hit on Sue (even before the art there, it was mentioned in her bio in the USM/UFF handbook), and by the end of U1, Natasha had declared she was after Tony. So it was either an attempt to make him jealous (we don't know who else is in the jet or whatever that is), or just Natasha being military girl and trying to expand the number of weapons she's totally lethal with. Especially after U1 and the arrow that brought down the Hulk, I can see her wanting to learn it. If Hawkeye was in that sort of vital role again and was shot more seriously, it'd be good to have someone else who could step up.

I had something else I was going to ponder here, but I forgot what it was...

EDIT: Oh hey, it could be what inspires Tony to give her the armor while they're dating. He sees the two of them, and figures, "If they can bond over his toys, I'll give her one of mine." Probably not, but that's what it made me think of. I keep having to remind myself this is U1.5

Well, there's casual flirting and then there is serious flirting. I have no problem believing that the Widow and Hawkeye had a semi-flirt thing going on (they call each other "baby" and "darling" back in V1 in their intro arc) but I'd prefer to think it wasn't serious. My other impression of the Widow is that she likes to be (and expects to be) the center of male attention in her vicinity, which goes with the scene a bit. I'll be annoyed if the two of them are supposed to have had an affair of some sort.

It all looks pretty good, an improvement on the slightly dissapointing UXM annual in terms of art....

Except...

Is it just me, or is there no other artist except Hitch who can accurately draw Iron Man's helmet? That thing is such a funny shape, and it's almost always shown at odd angles and perspectives by other artists....

iceman said:
Ultimates 1.5 #2
Written by Mark Millar, pencils and cover by Bryan Hitch.
The Ultimates are having a pizza party! One problem though, who will deliver to the Triskelion! Hijinks ensue, as a not low Thor gets the munchies, and Iron Man's minibar is dry. This event will change the Ultimate Universe forever! Guest starring Wolverine!

**** the traitor. Who delives the pizza? Prepare for

THE DELIVERY BOY MANIFESTO​

(Guest starring Wolverine!)

Fuzzy Birds said:
It all looks pretty good, an improvement on the slightly dissapointing UXM annual in terms of art....

Except...

Is it just me, or is there no other artist except Hitch who can accurately draw Iron Man's helmet? That thing is such a funny shape, and it's almost always shown at odd angles and perspectives by other artists....

You know who I thought did a good job with Iron Man? Well, besides Bagley, I think Hairsine did a pretty good Iron Man. Look at that splash in Ultimate Six where he's coming in for a landing at the Trisk. That's amazing!

Ultimate Warrior said:
Yeah, but isn't she looking a bit too young for that? My thoughts was going the same way as yours but...... well I don't know. :?

Well everyone in Ultimate Marvel is as young as humanly possible. Spider-Man is sixteen, Daredevil is twenty-four, Elektra is twenty-two, the various X-men range from sixteen to twenty, Mr. Fantastic, Invisible girl, and Thing are twenty-two and Johnny is eighteen. Captain America, Janet, Hank, and Banner are all twenty six. Thor is thirty. All of these ages are cinfirnmed if you pay attention to the writing close enough. The rest are speculation, but Hawkeye could be as young as twenty-two. His eldest is five, so he'd have to be a teen parent, but people are young when they're in the olympics and the secret servivce will take you as young as possible. Black Widow and Iron Man are up in the air. They're relatively the same age and BW needs to be at least old enough to remember what it was like in the the USSR when it still was in control. So she'd have to be at least twenty-five, but could be as old as thirty, likewise Tony would have to follow suit. But Tony is a human brain, he could achieve the multi-billionare celeb status very young, so twenty-five works for them.

iceman said:
wow, i didn't know the art of this book was so absolutely beautiful. i might need to pick this up now. also: can't waste hawkeye moments.

Hell yeah!

MaxwellSmart said:
I think that it's black widow, but who ever she is she sure is putting the moves on Hawkeye.

Just if you hadn't noticed, Natasha and Tony are sluts. They'll take anyone. I hear in this story arc, Tony puts the moves on Invisible girl. So....

Here's the timeline for the Ultimates in chronological order:

Ultimates: Super-Human
Ultimates: Homeland Security
Ultimate War
Ultimate Six
Ultimate Nightmare
Ultimate Deathlock in USM
Magnetic North
Ultimate Secret
Ultimates 2: Gods and Monsters
Ultimates 2: Grand theft America
Ultimate Extinction

You will find no contradictions to the order they saved the world here.

Ultimate Secret is between Ultimates Volume 1 and 2. Magnetic North happens after them, having that Black Widow already has her Iron Maiden armor that she got in Gods & Monsters. So yeah, there is a mistake. :wink:

icemastertron said:
Ultimate Secret is between Ultimates Volume 1 and 2. Magnetic North happens after them, having that Black Widow already has her Iron Maiden armor that she got in Gods & Monsters. So yeah, there is a mistake. :wink:

We can't go by the cover with the Iron Maiden suit, Ice... You know that! :)

Goodwill said:
We can't go by the cover with the Iron Maiden suit, Ice... You know that! :)
So suddenly she has a suit that she hasn't received yet? :sure:

Things don't work out that way. Especially since DB already has them in current time with the Ultimates in the timeline. :wink:

oh man, thats hilarious! i love the way Thor seems completely foreign, but without using dumb language.

Latest posts

Back