Buzzscope Previews The Ultimates 2 #9

the watcher

Buzzcope offers a first looks of The Ultimates 2# 9 (By Mark Millar & Bryan Hitch).

The issue is currently scheduled for a November 16th release.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Buzzscope Preveiws The Ultimates 2 #9

Well, UXM and the Ultimates are running concurrently then.

Which puts a bit of a twist on things. Hulk gone, and Hank, and Thor, and Cap, and the Teskillion too? Not saying that Mags was directly involved in the Ultimates affairs, but i wonder if the same cards are being dealt across the board.

Curious that it's Jarvis' whiskey that appears on the cover, wonder what's going on there. Perhaps the butler did do it after all.

TheManWithoutFear said:
That eye in the first page looks strangely like Lieberman's.... :twisted:
Or Hawkeye.... :twisted:

Kidding, of course. But awesome art though. I cant wait to read this with words. Good find, watcher.

Yep, big thanks, watcher.

[I like making my own word balloons]

Well, I THINK Hawkeye's eyes are brown in Ultimates (blue in 616, like 95% of the Marvel U, for some odd reason, not statistically born out in regular human population genetics....), so it COULD be his eye. The green skin would be new, though. If it was just a green light, wouldn't the white of the eye be green too? The only people we know about with green skin are Hulk and whoever that is on the cover of #10.

I was referring more to that bloodshotness of it and the color of the skin around it. But the more I look at it, it could be a females... but I'm holdin' out for Lieberman.

I wonder what they say that has Quicksilver speed off like that.

I still seriously doubt it's lieberman.

If it was, the Annual wouldnt have been said to be unessential to the plot.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I wonder what they say that has Quicksilver speed off like that.
Well I'm guessing that the building being destroyed is Magneto's doing. Could be a different event of course, but the timeline suggests it.

Pietro finding out his dad is on the loose is certainly gonna freak him out some, maybe he's off to kill him? In any case, strike one more Ultimate.

Hmm, and I was wondering how Magneto could have coordinated his escape from the inside.. well well well.

Edit: No, hold on, Cap was there in UXM that evening. Doesn't fit.

Last edited:

Dr.Strangefate said:
I still seriously doubt it's lieberman.

If it was, the Annual wouldnt have been said to be unessential to the plot.
Yeah, Im having doubts, too. :?

I thought the eye was Cap's initially. The last issue ended with him so it would make sense to begin with him. We'll see.

Lieberman is Red Skull!

and is that the triskelion destroyed there, or just a helicarrier, cuz it looks like a helicarrier to me...

I thought that because of the engines, but the wreckage looks more like rubble.

Guess I was trying to fit the damage to the Treskillion we saw in UXM into the timeline, but it ain't gonna fit.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I believe that DB had it worked out that this is during the '6 week' break the Ultimates had between issues 6 and 7.

The Treskillion was intact when Fury left to pick up Cap, and on the night of the Magneto escape, Cap is there.

Latest posts

Back