Buzzscope Previews Ultimate X-Men #65

chanzero

Buzzscope has issued a 7-page preview of Ultimate X-men #65; Magnetic North, part 5, consisting of the cover, the first five pages, and the cover to the Ultimate Vision sub-comic.

From the original solicitation:

ULTX065.jpg

ULTIMATE X-MEN #65
Written by Brian K. Vaughan, pencils and cover by Stuart Immonen.
"Magnetic North." It's the shocking conclusion to the Ultimate X-Men's biggest adventure. In a story that pits brother against brother, friend against friend, it's Magneto versus the X-Men in final battle--inside the Ultimates headquarters, the Triskelion! Part 5 (of 5).
32 pages, $2.50, in stores on Nov. 23.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: ultimate x-men #65 preview

This looks really great... I really can't wait for this!

How did Magneto get his costume, though? I would imagine that is what the dialogue between him and Mystique is within those few panels.

@Chanzero
Good find!!!

I love seeing Magneto just kicking ***. The contrast between Havoks ability against The Ultimates and his ability against Magneto is shockingly different.

MaxwellSmart said:
@Chanzero
Good find!!!
Yeah, cuz he posted the preview on that site. :D

But sweet preview. Can't wait to see more of it. Wonder how the new X-Jet/Blackbird will look like if done differently.

MaxwellSmart said:
The contrast between Havoks ability against The Ultimates and his ability against Magneto is shockingly different.

Indeed. The Ultimates hold his girlfriend prisoner while Magneto holds her hostage. Shockingly different, as you say. ;)

It now looks very likely that Magneto successfully escape. Considering that this is the last issue, that the Dazzler situation must be resolved and that Fury needs a few pages to vent his anger at the X-Men enough for their status to be modified (as per Carey's comment on his UFF/UXM crossover), we don't have enough pages for a satisfying Magneto take down. That means he most likely goes free.

I hope he does anyway!

Last edited:
These couple pages are pretty action-packed, looks to be an exciting issue. Does it look like wolverine's claws are being affected by what mags is doing? looks to me like he's staring at his claws. It'd be crazy if they de-adamantiumized wolvie right here....probly not gonna happen, but just a thought.

E.Vi.L. said:
I hope he does anyway!
I certainly hope so too. But what he does on the outside, that should be the interesting thing. Another story about Mags trying to kill all mutants with a superweapon, or trying to kill Xavier with a superweapon or dying after having a superweapon fired at him are going to impress no-one.

I was really longing for Eriki Lenserr to write his own Mein Kampf in prison, and actually get human supporters through it and somehow manage to pull a Mandela. Maybe next time.

Caduceus said:
I really hope there's dialogue in those pages, otherwise they kind of suck.

I heard Brian K. Vaughn had a stroke, hence the entire issue will be told via interpretive dance.:wink:

Guijllons said:
Another story about Mags trying to kill all mutants with a superweapon...

There are stories about Magneto killing all mutants? :shock:

Yeah, I too hope that Magneto change his approach after his last two failures.

Guijllons said:
Yeah, really good point. :roll:
Oh no, was my cynicism coming through? While I can hope Vaughn will do it (and think he will), they do suck without dialogue.

"Let's get outta here!"
"Not with my girl you don't"
"Oh, yeah? Zap!"
"Ow!"
"Hey!"
"Oof!"
"Lousy jet."
"Kaboom"

Nope. Even adding dialogue doesn't make it very exciting. Nice cover, though.

Caduceus said:
Oh no, was my cynicism coming through? While I can hope Vaughn will do it (and think he will), they do suck without dialogue.

Rest assured there will be dialogue. There's a story to tell for goodness' sake.

Latest posts

Back