Cable/Deadpool Series Discussion (Spoilers)

Now Irene realized what Deadpool did, Cable's manipulating everyone to get what he wants. I'm really started to question how "pure" any of Cable's intentions are.

Deadpool was nothing but cool to Cable, too. Deadpool saved Cable's life-- three times, gave him a power boost, tried to become real friends (for the first time in his life), helped get him the Dominus Objective, helped get him the Cone of Silence, helped him become president, all while trying to to play by Cable's rules... and in return, Cable turns Deadpool into an unwilling martyr-- twice.
Hell, even after that giant knife Cable stuck in his back, Deadpool still wouldn't kill Cable when he had the chance (only stunned him), or even leave him in sewage (though Cable deserved it). And what does Cable tell him? "I know it's hard being my friend, and I can't blame you for being you, NOW GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY!" Then proceeds to gravimetrically hurl Deadpool out of Rumekistan.

Then... Cable promises not to hurt the other 5 members of the Six Pack if Domino gives herself to him.

Last edited:
Now Irene realized what Deadpool did, Cable's manipulating everyone to get what he wants. I'm really started to question how "pure" any of Cable's intentions are.

Deadpool was nothing but cool to Cable, too. Deadpool saved Cable's life-- three times, gave him a power boost, tried to become real friends (for the first time in his life), helped get him the Dominus Objective, helped get him the Cone of Silence, helped him become president, all while trying to to play by Cable's rules... and in return, Cable turns Deadpool into an unwilling martyr-- twice.
Hell, even after that giant knife Cable stuck in his back, Deadpool still wouldn't kill Cable when he had the chance (only stunned him), or even leave him in sewage (though Cable deserved it). And what does Cable tell him? "I know it's hard being my friend, and I can't blame you for being you, NOW GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY!" Then proceeds to gravimetrically hurl Deadpool out of Rumekistan.

Then... Cable promises not to hurt the other 5 members of the Six Pack if Domino gives herself to him.
Cable's pretty ****ed up. At least he's not future Wolverine though.

It is a force-field. Though, I don't remember any direct references to Get-Smart, I would like to think it was some sort've homeage. It's purpose was originally to isolate Providence from everything. Cable stole the plans for it and used it to replace his telekinesis.

So, anyone got the new issue?
Yeah. It was pretty weak. I was really ready for a good read but when I realized that Cable was doing one of his manipulative things, it couldn't get good. Basically it's Deadpool running around town fighting off his inner demons in the form of some C-List characters he's killed before. Irene shows some jealousy of Cable/Domino. Cable checks in on Deadpool and before Deadpool tries shooting a civilian he thinks is (I forget -- someone he killed) He talks him down and explains what he did to him. Then we get the same spiel about how Deadpool doesn't need Cable but they're both lonely without their buddies.

Weak sauce.

2/5

There wasn't even any funny moments. Next month best be better with Taskmaster.

It may be 2/5, but you make it sound interesting anyway.

Say, hopefully Irene gets driven into the arms of Deadpool. Give the poor sap some love'n!

Last edited:
I liked this issue. I enjoyed the interplay with all the dead folk and the real people he thought were dead folk. And I loved when he asked himself "Is it that the number got so high you just stopped caring or is it that you never cared to begin with and that's why the number got so high?" It's a good look inside the head of a character who's head we're probably best staying out of. According to the preview, the next arc is about Wade going out to find his "missing conscience". This is what we call character development ladies and gents. And it's been a long time coming for Deadpool. Yeah we all love the bat**** crazy merc-with-a-mouth, but if Fabian can add a little depth while still maintaining the essence of the character that's a good thing.

4/5 - Can't wait for the next issue.

I liked this issue. I enjoyed the interplay with all the dead folk and the real people he thought were dead folk. And I loved when he asked himself "Is it that the number got so high you just stopped caring or is it that you never cared to begin with and that's why the number got so high?" It's a good look inside the head of a character who's head we're probably best staying out of. According to the preview, the next arc is about Wade going out to find his "missing conscience". This is what we call character development ladies and gents. And it's been a long time coming for Deadpool. Yeah we all love the bat**** crazy merc-with-a-mouth, but if Fabian can add a little depth while still maintaining the essence of the character that's a good thing.

4/5 - Can't wait for the next issue.

I know character development and this is the same dance they've been doing for a while. Especially with Deadpool battling off his own decisions. It just wasn't for me.

I know character development and this is the same dance they've been doing for a while. Especially with Deadpool battling off his own decisions. It just wasn't for me.

I know what you mean. While I know that Character deveolpment is important...Deadpool dosn't need to be developed. Shouldn't they be doing that with cable? Deadpool dosn't need a concience. It's just wrong.

Still, a pretty good issue.

Last edited:
I think this issue is exactly what this serie needed,

Even the greatest killers have their moments of regret and other emotional crap,
even wolverine had them for a million times, what would keep wade from that?

And I am still waiting for the next issue impatiently, nice to see that there are some ongoings marvel hasn't screwed up yet
(eventhough cable is the president of rumekistan!!)

note: I wonder if Black Panther will ever visit Rumekistan during his world tur :)

I think this issue is exactly what this serie needed,

Even the greatest killers have their moments of regret and other emotional crap,
even wolverine had them for a million times, what would keep wade from that?

And I am still waiting for the next issue impatiently, nice to see that there are some ongoings marvel hasn't screwed up yet
(eventhough cable is the president of rumekistan!!)

note: I wonder if Black Panther will ever visit Rumekistan during his world tur :)

Yeah, but Wolverine is a bottle of angst and Eastwood cliches, whereas Wade is an awesome killing machine. Being remorseful isn't in Wade's character.

Yeah, but Wolverine is a bottle of angst and Eastwood cliches, whereas Wade is an awesome killing machine. Being remorseful isn't in Wade's character.
Can't argue about that with a big fan :)

mine is just an opinion, and personally I am happy to see that even Wade is a little human.

Well I'm quoting a guy who said this at another site...

"Deadpool is beyond help in his own mind and is perfectly happy being the psychotic merc with a mouth most of the time, much like House (only with more killing). Nate wants to help him because he refuses to believe that ANYONE is beyond help."

This really made me wonder. Cable got Deadpool fired from being a government agent during the Civil War because he knew being pro-registration was a bad idea. Then he humiliated Deadpool on an international scale so that no one would hire him as a mercenary. Is Cable trying to forcefully change Deadpool's options in life? Is he trying to make Deadpool something he could be? (a hero).

In all honesty, I want Cable & Deadpool to be the next Batman & Robin, y'know? They make a badass team.

"Deadpool is beyond help in his own mind and is perfectly happy being the psychotic merc with a mouth most of the time, much like House (only with more killing). Nate wants to help him because he refuses to believe that ANYONE is beyond help."

This really made me wonder. Cable got Deadpool fired from being a government agent during the Civil War because he knew being pro-registration was a bad idea. Then he humiliated Deadpool on an international scale so that no one would hire him as a mercenary. Is Cable trying to forcefully change Deadpool's options in life? Is he trying to make Deadpool something he could be? (a hero).

In all honesty, I want Cable & Deadpool to be the next Batman & Robin, y'know? They make a badass team.

Cable and Deadpool as...Batman and Robin? But wait...who's going to be wearing that green speedo thing?

Batnipples!

Latest posts

Back