Captain America Movie

Still so thrilled with this.

Don't get me wrong, P-man, I like the guy a lot. I think he's very talented and charismatic, I just don't see him in this role at all. Hopefully you and Marvel see something in him I don't. If he gets it I would love to be proven wrong.

I could see him making a good Reed Richards. Or Spider-Man.

Personally, I like Chris Evans. He'd be good. I think he and RD jr. would be good together, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly guys, I still think you're up in arms over nothing. So far dude has played a bunch of inoffensive light comedy roles, but just because we haven't seen himself in something different doesn't mean he's not capable of it. Actors break out of stereotype casting all the time. Maybe Krasinski auditioned and blew it out of the water. Maybe this is the role he was born for. Maybe not, and he'll be awful. But we won't really know until we see him acting the role.

Let's just hope he's not like all those other comic actors who pulled awful dramatic performances...

like Jamie Foxx as Ray Charles
or the Fresh Prince as Mohammad Ali
or Jim Carrey in Eternal Sunshine
or Marky Mark in Boogie Nights
or Pee-Wee Herman in Blow
or his postman, Cowboy Curtis, as Morpheus
or that guy from Golden Girls in half the movies the Coen Brothers have ever done
or Roseanne's husband in half the other movies the Coen Brothers have ever done
or Roseanne's other husband in True Lies (Okay. I lie. That's truly a film great)

Of course, none of those roles compare to the prestige of CAPTAIN AMERICA! ;)

Last edited:
Honestly guys, I still think you're up in arms over nothing. So far dude has played a bunch of inoffensive light comedy roles, but just because we haven't seen himself in something different doesn't mean he's not capable of it. Actors break out of stereotype casting all the time. Maybe Krasinski auditioned and blew it out of the water. Maybe this is the role he was born for. Maybe not, and he'll be awful. But we won't really know until we see him acting the role.

This is true but it's assuming a bit, either way. I just can't see him being the strong military soldier whose a leader and a symbol. Usually when you see a casting choice you could think "At least I see why they chose him" I just can't see it at all.

This is true but it's assuming a bit, either way. I just can't see him being the strong military soldier whose a leader and a symbol. Usually when you see a casting choice you could think "At least I see why they chose him" I just can't see it at all.

It's not assuming anything. That's exactly the point. I'm suggesting we don't assume.

Last edited:
It's not assuming anything. That's exactly the point.

I was agreeing, I just kinda phrased it wrong. That you normally can't base it off anything because there's no real information to suggest one way or the other. But I just can't seem anything in he looks, general personality, or past roles that would suggest it.

I was agreeing, I just kinda phrased it wrong. That you normally can't base it off anything because there's no real information to suggest one way or the other. But I just can't seem anything in he looks, general personality, or past roles that would suggest it.

Ah. Sorry. I misunderstood.

In terms of looks, I don't see how he wouldn't work. He's a tall potentially athletic American male. If he did some workout training, there's no reason he couldn't look the part.

As for personality and past roles, what we've seen are the roles that have gotten him jobs. He's a young actor and so naturally we haven't seen the opportunity to stretch his legs as an actor. Maybe this will be his breakout role.

Weren't you saying you'd pitch a fit if they cast anyone not born in America, like a month ago?

Come on. Even if you think he doesn't have what it takes, he's a 30-year-old handsome thick-jawed 6'3 American white man. Even by your standards he can't possibly be the worst.

Worst possible American choice for Cap.

Worst possible American choice for Cap.

Still inherently impossible. He's too much like Cap physically to be the worst and too "safe" an actor so far to take any kind of extreme stance on him. We've only seem him do reserved comedy with sprinkled moments of intense emotional drama(that I've personally been blown away by). It's like Zombipanda's saying about assumptions. We had MANY, MANY more reasons to think Heath Ledger wouldn't work as the Joker at this point than to think John'd be the "worst possible choice" for Captain America.

Last edited:
Still inherently impossible. He's too much like Cap physically to be the worst and too "safe" an actor so far to take any kind of extreme stance on him. We've only seem him do reserved comedy with sprinkled moments of intense emotional drama(that I've personally been blown away by). It's like Zombipanda's saying about assumptions. We had MANY, MANY more reasons to think Heath Ledger wouldn't work as the Joker at this point than to think John'd be the "worst possible choice" for Captain America.

He just means he doesn't like the choice. It's a figure of speech.

I just keep picturing Captain America fighting Red Skull and then Red Skull saying something stereotypically evil and Cap looking at the camera and raising his eyebrows!

Actually, if Dwight was Red Skull and Jim was Cap, that would be the best superhero spoof EVER!

I know it's a figure of speech, but there's still a difference between using it and just saying you don't like the choice. I don't get why he's saying that figure of speech is justified here. These types of debates are known all over the net for being sidetracked by ridiculous extremes, so immediately using one on an actor like Krasinski who we've seen relatively little from and who fits many of the standards we've all been talking about anyway just seems silly.

You can put your fears to rest. Krasinski is out of the running.

Hollywood is full of fail.

Last edited:

I just keep picturing Captain America fighting Red Skull and then Red Skull saying something stereotypically evil and Cap looking at the camera and raising his eyebrows!

Actually, if Dwight was Red Skull and Jim was Cap, that would be the best superhero spoof EVER!

The Avengers Office? Brilliant

Latest posts

Back