Celebrity Deaths (updated weekly)

No its not weird that you care about human life, its just your the moral center of this thread its... odd

But yeah you should not be glad of somebody's death if their just the center of crappy news around hollywood. You may think she's part of the lowest scrum of entertainment, but if you think she should be dead because of that than there's something wrong with you

Wait to make me feel guilty for laughing at this.

I don't think I've ever seen a serious moonmaster post before. Far out. Usually there are at least mentions of Bass or male genitalia....
No its not weird that you care about human life, its just your the moral center of this thread its... odd

But yeah you should not be glad of somebody's death if their just the center of crappy news around hollywood. You may think she's part of the lowest scrum of entertainment, but if you think she should be dead because of that than there's something wrong with you
Believe it or not, I really do have strong feelings about things like this.

And just to keep up appearances,

OMG!LOOK AT TEH BASS WEINER!!!

:? ... She had a six-month-old daughter. No matter what you thought of her, it's ridiculous to go and celebrate her death.

Wow. I'm the one taking a moral stand against someting Planet-Man said. This is like, total role reversal.

Actually, I think that's the best thing to come out of this situation.

Her daughter will be adopted by somebody and actually has a chance of having a nice, normal, well-adjusted life now.

How do you think she would've turned out if she was raised by Anna Nicole Smith on a million-dollar allowance, surrounded by drugs and alcohol and infidelity with a dozen different men claiming they were her father?

I think she would've turned out just like Anna, or Paris, or any of them. Having this happen at such and early age could be the best thing that could have happened to this child.

Sorry. Unlike most people apparently, I believe human life is precious and that it's wrong to celebrate anyone's death, no matter what kind of person they were or the things they did.

I'm by no means celebrating anybody's death, and I never do. But this is one of the few scenarios were I'm actively not uspet that the person died.

She was a truly evil person in some ways, and is the embodiment of much that's wrong with humanity. As vastly rich as she was, she possessed the rare power that we all dream of: the power to do great good in this world, to change it for the better. Did she use that power? No. She kept it for herself and ultimately died at her own hand after years of drug and alcohol abuse(among other things).

So I guess what I'm saying is that no, I'm not happy that Anna Nicole Smith, the person, died(no more than I am with the fact that she lead such a wrongful life in the first place). I'm happy that Anna Nicole Smith the SYMBOL died, because it's a blow to what she represented: that greatest of all modern, upper-class society's evils, just like Paris.

There's also something to be said for karma here(and I'm a firm believer in karma). She Lex Luthored an old widower's family out of their rightful fortune. Now HER new husband is going to get every penny of that, and there's already a conspiracy that he somehow OD'd her for the purpose of getting the fortune himself. How deliciously, fittingly ironic.

Her daughter will be adopted by somebody and actually has a chance of having a nice, normal, well-adjusted life now.

How do you think she would've turned out if she was raised by Anna Nicole Smith on a million-dollar allowance, surrounded by drugs and alcohol and infidelity with a dozen different men claiming they were her father?

I think she would've turned out just like Anna, or Paris, or any of them. Having this happen at such and early age could be the best thing that could have happened to this child.

I'm by no means celebrating anybody's death, and I never do. But this is one of the few scenarios were I'm actively not uspet that the person died.

She was a truly evil person in some ways, and is the embodiment of much that's wrong with humanity. As vastly rich as she was, she possessed the rare power that we all dream of: the power to do great good in this world, to change it for the better. Did she use that power? No. She kept it for herself and ultimately died at her own hand after years of drug and alcohol abuse(among other things).

So I guess what I'm saying is that no, I'm not happy that Anna Nicole Smith, the person, died(no more than I am with the fact that she lead such a wrongful life in the first place). I'm happy that Anna Nicole Smith the SYMBOL died, because it's a blow to what she represented: that greatest of all modern, upper-class society's evils, just like Paris.

There's also something to be said for karma here(and I'm a firm believer in karma). She Lex Luthored an old widower's family out of their rightful fortune. Now HER new husband is going to get every penny of that, and there's already a conspiracy that he somehow OD'd her for the purpose of getting the fortune himself. How deliciously, fittingly ironic.

I just hated her acting. That's why I wanted her dead. But your ideas make sense too.

I guess that my moral compass really can't compare to the rest of you. Shame, shame...

Last edited:

Yeah, she wouldn't have been a great mother but the point is that she was a mother. Losing a parent at such a young age is an awful thing, no matter who that parent is.
I'm by no means celebrating anybody's death, and I never do.
Yeah, you are.

You called her a "worthless skank", said "good riddance" two times and said how "pleasantly surprised" you are.

You're officially happy and excited that another human being has died. Congratulations.
But this is one of the few scenarios were I'm actively not uspet that the person died.

You're still celebrating someone's death. If you're first post had been "While I'm not pleased with her death, I am pleased that people may think differently about the values that she espoused.", it would have been fine. But you essentially said "Anna Nicole was a worthless whore and I'm glad she's dead" and that's ****ing wrong.

Oh good, can we turn this thread into another moonmaster/planet-man argument? I love it when that happens.

Yeah, she wouldn't have been a great mother but the point is that she was a mother. Losing a parent at such a young age is an awful thing, no matter who that parent is.

But the child will probably have a much better life now.

Yeah, you are.

You called her a "worthless skank", said "good riddance" two times and said how "pleasantly surprised" you are.

You're officially happy and excited that another human being has died. Congratulations.

Moony, I clarified what I actually meant by that in the post you are replying to right now. Give in another read.

You're still celebrating someone's death. If you're first post had been "While I'm not pleased with her death, I am pleased that people may think differently about the values that she espoused.", it would have been fine. But you essentially said "Anna Nicole was a worthless whore and I'm glad she's dead" and that's ****ing wrong.

Yes, my first post was misleading. I'm sorry. But my more recent post clarified that. I don't see what your problem is. Did you even read it?

Oh good, can we turn this thread into another moonmaster/planet-man argument? I love it when that happens.
Me too.

Moony, I clarified what I actually meant by that in the post you are replying to right now. Give in another read.

Yes, my first post was misleading. I'm sorry. But my more recent post clarified that. I don't see what your problem is. Did you even read it?
Yeah, you clarified after someone criticized you. But if you were happy for the death of what she stood for rather than her as a person, then why didn't you just say that instead of saying that she was a worthless skank and you were glad that she was dead? My reaction was sadness, and your reaction was elation. All I'm saying is that if you didn't mean what you said than why did you say it?

Yeah, you clarified after someone criticized you.

Exactly, because that's what made me realize I hadn't been clear.

But if you were happy for the death of what she stood for rather than her as a person, then why didn't you just say that instead of saying that she was a worthless skank and you were glad that she was dead?

Because I had just heard and was still thinking it over? Because I can't initially say exactly what I mean 100% of the time, and if I ever misrepresent myself I have the option to clarify it?

If you're trying to defend what you said to me earlier, you don't have to. It was a misunderstanding, and you were right for what you said.

If you're under the impression that my first post or two is the sum of my feelings on the issue, then you're wrong.

My reaction was sadness, and your reaction was elation.

Do not confuse "elation" with "morbid satysfaction at poetic justice". I'm anything but elated here.

All I'm saying is that if you didn't mean what you said than why did you say it?

I did mean what I said. I just put it badly and quickly attempted to clarify it.

For the record, I do think that she was a worthless skank, just like Paris. But that's besides the point, and doesn't really effect my feelings about her death.

I'm of the belief that a person's merit is greatly proven by what they do with whatever power they have. In this case, we're dealing with someone who had a relatively large amount of power(in the form of money) and chose to use it for wholey selfish purposes. She's an archetype of that in today's society.

Her death is both the result of her abuse of that power, and the event that stripped it from her. That's why I don't really see it as a bad thing, and the fact that some genuine good will come out of this(her daughter has a chance at a good, normal life) presses the issue. Hence what I meant by "good riddance".

Would I have preferred she just went bankrupt and the child was taken away for it's own safety or something? Of course. But it didn't happen to work out like that.

Says you.

I'm with Moonie on this one. The quality of the kid's life is not for anyone to decide but the parents.

http://community.livejournal.com/celebdeathtoll/

no need for updates here, just use this website, courtesy of the makers of Progressive Boink.

I'm not actually going to update it regularly. I was just making a comment about how often famous people seem to be dropping dead lately.

Now, if anybody else wants to report and discuss celebrity deaths, this would be the place for it.

Last edited:
Says you.

I'm with Moonie on this one. The quality of the kid's life is not for anyone to decide but the parents.

Moonie didn't say that, and I'm not sure what you mean here.

Are you saying that she probably would've turned out fine if Smith raised her, or that it would be okay if she got screwed up because Smith chose to raise her that way?

Last edited:
Wow. Bizzaro world.

Steve Irwin. That is all.

See, that's exactly my point. Steve Irwin gets killed while filming a kids documentary about animals(ie attempting to use his power and talents for good), and he gets mocked to no end by half the people here.

Anna Nicole Smith dies after a lifetime of drug and alcohol abuse, and swindling a widower's family out of their fortune, and it's a f***ing tragedy.

I was greatly saddened by the first and apathetic towards the second. And somehow I'm the badguy. Bizarro world indeed.

(I know you didn't mean it this way and were pointing out the seeming hypocrisy of the issue, but I thought I'd say this anyway)

See, that's exactly my point. Steve Irwin gets killed while filming a kids documentary about animals(ie attempting to use his power and talents for good), and he gets mocked to no end by half the people here.

Anna Nicole Smith dies after a lifetime of drug and alcohol abuse, and swindling a widower's family out of their fortune, and it's a f***ing tragedy.

I was greatly saddened by the first and apathetic towards the second. And somehow I'm the badguy. Bizarro world indeed.

(I know you didn't mean it this way and were pointing out the seeming hypocrisy of the issue, but I thought I'd say this anyway)
And I'd like to point out the hypocrisy of claiming that Anna Nicole dying will be good for her kids because of her various problems, but the guy who dangles his baby in front of a gator dies and that's not equally good for his kids.

I don't want to get back into the Steve Irwin issues (I seem to remember that thread being closed), but I would like to add this:

Now who's the troll?

BAM!!! The rarely seen six months later: he must be one bitter, resentful ******* to even remember that BURN!!!
NO!! TOG is the snitch! The snitch!!
TOG's been comprimised!?! The operation is aborted!!! I REPEAT, OPERATION ABORTED!!!

Last edited:
My fiancee told me I was insensitive and cruel today because I said "who cares?" about Anna Nicole Smith.

Thing is... WHO CARES?

I mourn for people who do something with their lives that MAKES A DIFFERENCE. Sure, Anna Nicole gave me plenty of spank fodder when I was about 14 (and that was a long time ago), but spank fodder is easy to come by. I don't even know the names of half the women in the world who have been my spank fodder.

What, besides that, did Anna Nicole Smith do? Have her own reality show where she gave the public at large a glimpse of her mental issues and drug problems? So what? I could've done without that.

It's not that I'm overjoyed that this cow is dead, it's just that I really could care less. She was useless as a human being, proven to be nothing more than an attention whore and a gold digger. She's dead. One less "celebrity" to hear about when I flip channels and happen to land on "Hollywood Extra" or "Access Hollywood". She was a bad parent and a bad example. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

So as far as my being insensitive and cruel.. BAH! BAH BAH BAH MF'N BAH!

And as far as the last few pages of posts go, all I have to say is, PLANET MAN HAS A POSSE! OBEY!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back