Celebrity Deaths (updated weekly)

No one should be glad about death, never.
Best part is that people keep saying that she was useless, I'm sure they all donate money or actually do something for humanity.
This is sad and embarassing, I wont visit this thread again.

I'm not going to say I'm glad, but I'm going to partially agree with Willverine.

I'm not glad, but I'm indifferent.

I'm usually sad when a celebrity dies. Occasionally, I've made the offhand comment that I wouldn't care if so-an-so died because I don't like said person. And it's true. Sometimes, I honestly just don't care. People die every day. Sometimes, a life deserves to be celebrated, and sometimes. . .well, they don't deserve anything.

You'll never see me glad that someone has died, but there are times where you'll see that I just don't care.

Oh, and by the way, her baby will go to her husband, the one she said was the father and is believed to be the father. She's not going to be put up for adoption.

I agree.

These people would feel a lot differently and the tables were turned, and their mothers died and a bunch of morons started posting on message boards about how worthless they are.

Wow.....completely missed this thread. :?

I made a small comment on the Social Thread....but I'll just say it here as well.

So Anna Nicole Smith died. Weird. Some of the other forums I'm on are rampant with TrimSpa jokes.

Yet this isn't as funny as when Steve Irwin died.

It's sad when someone dies.....but I didn't know the person personally so its hard for me to give 2 drops of monkey piss. Whatever.

Still........funny is funny so I'm sure the jokes in the future will be funny.

And with that----I'm done.

See, that's exactly my point. Steve Irwin gets killed while filming a kids documentary about animals(ie attempting to use his power and talents for good), and he gets mocked to no end by half the people here.

Anna Nicole Smith dies after a lifetime of drug and alcohol abuse, and swindling a widower's family out of their fortune, and it's a f***ing tragedy.

I mocked anna nicole smith as well as irwin...I guess one reason irwin was mocked more was because of the irony of the freak accident with a sting ray..even tho he sticks his head in lion's mouths...no one was really surprised by ans..I think one comedian was talking about the stingray accident...and said non-australians don't see quite how rare and bizarre this is....the western equivalent might be going into the woods and an owl falls on your head and you die..it's THat silly

See, that's exactly my point. Steve Irwin gets killed while filming a kids documentary about animals(ie attempting to use his power and talents for good), and he gets mocked to no end by half the people here.

That is why I say Steve Irwin's death is no laughing matter. He seemed like a good guy. On any interviews with him he seemed like a kind person yet Some people , shows ect... think A good guy dies = Funny I think that says more about them than it does him.

I think you can have funny death...yes take it as being the loss of life that it is and it's also very serious, but if someone dies in a funny way, it's still funny. I agree you may not feel good about it, like if you laugh and then feel really guilty afterwards, so maybe you don't feel comfortable laughing at it...i still think if somethings funny, it is. Like a man who's scared his plane is gonna crash so he changes to a different flight, and it's the flight he changes to that crashes....that's hilariously funny

We've all been down this road before.....it's gonna end ugly. I say lock this up before stuff gets outta hand and feelings get hurt.

No one should be glad about death, never.
Incorrect.
Best part is that people keep saying that she was useless, I'm sure they all donate money or actually do something for humanity.
Awww... you're self-riteous, judgmental attitude will be missed.

That said, I am personally indifferent about her death. Willverine was right, WHO CARES? I don't even have any good jokes about this one. In the end, her death is as meaningless as her life.

We've all been down this road before.....it's gonna end ugly. I say lock this up before stuff gets outta hand and feelings get hurt.

Yeah, this thread is definately not what it's supposed to be (and I should know, I started it). It was supposed to be about talking about a celebrity (in this instance Anna Nicole) who recently passed away and sharing comments about her. Which it started out as just fine.

Then it turned into a debate about whether or not it's a good thing when people die.

WTF?

We need a much-beloved entertainer to die, stat! That'll save everything.

Yeah, this thread is definately not what it's supposed to be (and I should know, I started it). It was supposed to be about talking about a celebrity (in this instance Anna Nicole) who recently passed away and sharing comments about her. Which it started out as just fine.

Then it turned into a debate about whether or not it's a good thing when people die.

WTF?

We need a much-beloved entertainer to die, stat! That'll save everything.

Or Joe Quesada. As much as Moony claims to "hate death" or whatever, NO ONE could be sad about that.

Being indifferent about it (and even making a joke about it) is not the same as being glad she's dead.

Exactly, because that's what made me realize I hadn't been clear.

Because I had just heard and was still thinking it over? Because I can't initially say exactly what I mean 100% of the time, and if I ever misrepresent myself I have the option to clarify it?

If you're trying to defend what you said to me earlier, you don't have to. It was a misunderstanding, and you were right for what you said.

If you're under the impression that my first post or two is the sum of my feelings on the issue, then you're wrong.

Do not confuse "elation" with "morbid satysfaction at poetic justice". I'm anything but elated here.

I did mean what I said. I just put it badly and quickly attempted to clarify it.

For the record, I do think that she was a worthless skank, just like Paris. But that's besides the point, and doesn't really effect my feelings about her death.

I'm of the belief that a person's merit is greatly proven by what they do with whatever power they have. In this case, we're dealing with someone who had a relatively large amount of power(in the form of money) and chose to use it for wholey selfish purposes. She's an archetype of that in today's society.

Her death is both the result of her abuse of that power, and the event that stripped it from her. That's why I don't really see it as a bad thing, and the fact that some genuine good will come out of this(her daughter has a chance at a good, normal life) presses the issue. Hence what I meant by "good riddance".

Would I have preferred she just went bankrupt and the child was taken away for it's own safety or something? Of course. But it didn't happen to work out like that.
You were fairly clear about your attitude to begin with. You only changed your tune when someone pointed you out. Again, if you really were happy about the symbolic nature of her death, then you wouldn't have said "good riddance" and post a "8)".

I also called you out on this because you're willing to spend 10 pages trying to prove why we should all feel sad for the poor, majestic cows that die for our cheeseburgers, but when another human being dies you can't show the common ****ing decency to not point and laugh.
Says you.

I'm with Moonie on this one. The quality of the kid's life is not for anyone to decide but the parents.
Good point.

Anna Nicole Smith dies after a lifetime of drug and alcohol abuse, and swindling a widower's family out of their fortune, and it's a f***ing tragedy.

I was greatly saddened by the first and apathetic towards the second. And somehow I'm the badguy. Bizarro world indeed.

(I know you didn't mean it this way and were pointing out the seeming hypocrisy of the issue, but I thought I'd say this anyway)
The problem is that I'm not incredibly saddened by Anna Nicole's death besides the way I usually feel when I hear anyone has died, but I won't let someone celebrate her death as if it was the best thing that happened to them all week. I cracked jokes about the irony of Irwin's death, and I criticized the way people were acting as if they were surprised that The Crocodile Hunter was killed by an animal, but I never celebrated his death.
And I'd like to point out the hypocrisy of claiming that Anna Nicole dying will be good for her kids because of her various problems, but the guy who dangles his baby in front of a gator dies and that's not equally good for his kids.
Correct-a-mundo.
TOG's been comprimised!?! The operation is aborted!!! I REPEAT, OPERATION ABORTED!!!
DID SOMEBODY SAY ABORTO!!!???
My fiancee told me I was insensitive and cruel today because I said "who cares?" about Anna Nicole Smith.

Thing is... WHO CARES?

I mourn for people who do something with their lives that MAKES A DIFFERENCE. Sure, Anna Nicole gave me plenty of spank fodder when I was about 14 (and that was a long time ago), but spank fodder is easy to come by. I don't even know the names of half the women in the world who have been my spank fodder.

What, besides that, did Anna Nicole Smith do? Have her own reality show where she gave the public at large a glimpse of her mental issues and drug problems? So what? I could've done without that.

It's not that I'm overjoyed that this cow is dead, it's just that I really could care less. She was useless as a human being, proven to be nothing more than an attention whore and a gold digger. She's dead. One less "celebrity" to hear about when I flip channels and happen to land on "Hollywood Extra" or "Access Hollywood". She was a bad parent and a bad example. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

So as far as my being insensitive and cruel.. BAH! BAH BAH BAH MF'N BAH!

And as far as the last few pages of posts go, all I have to say is, PLANET MAN HAS A POSSE! OBEY!
I don't understand where anyone gets off judging any other human being as being useless. I'm sure your the ****ing moral authority of the universe.
I agree.

These people would feel a lot differently and the tables were turned, and their mothers died and a bunch of morons started posting on message boards about how worthless they are.
Hey, is it possible that Anna Nicole was actually another person, with a family that loved her, just like you? Is it possible that there are people who's hearts are breaking right now without her? Is it possible that if you can't understand this and feel a simple shred of empathy, then you're everything that's wrong with humanity?

Maybe.

I'm tired. I'm sick of this thread. I agree with VVD. Lock it up.

Last edited:

I disagree with locking up the whole thread because it got sidetracked for 50(!) posts. We're going to talk about recently deceased celebrities, some for good and some for ill, I certainly never intended this thread to become a debate on the value of a human life.

There's a million ways to talk about dead celebrities without pissing everyone off. That's why it's an open-ended thread and not just an Anna Nicole Smith Died Discussion (spoilers).

I disagree with locking up the whole thread because it got sidetracked for 50(!) posts. We're going to talk about recently deceased celebrities, some for good and some for ill, I certainly never intended this thread to become a debate on the value of a human life.

There's a million ways to talk about dead celebrities without pissing everyone off. That's why it's an open-ended thread and not just an Anna Nicole Smith Died Discussion (spoilers).
I will back Joe up.

The thread stays open.

You were fairly clear about your attitude to begin with. You only changed your tune when someone pointed you out.

Wow, you sure got me there Moonie. It all adds up.:roll:

I didn't change my opinions to try and save face about anything here. I clarified myself. In fact, right after my initial post(as in, before I was criticized by you or anyone here) I had a long MSN conversation with one of my friends about this issue where I said all the exact same things about the symbolic nature of who she was and how she died.

Again, if you really were happy about the symbolic nature of her death, then you wouldn't have said "good riddance" and post a "8)".

I am really happy about the symbolic nature of it, and that statement applies to it too.

I also called you out on this because you're willing to spend 10 pages trying to prove why we should all feel sad for the poor, majestic cows that die for our cheeseburgers, but when another human being dies you can't show the common ****ing decency to not point and laugh.

Okay, you know what? I've remained pretty civil here, so I'll thank you not to start flying off the handle and swearing at me.

I really don't see why you're blowing up at me for this, when I've NEVER done anything CLOSE to "pointing and laughing" here. Back in the Steve Irwin thread you guys were all having a ball posting animated GIFs of stingrays chasing him and stuff, and when I was pissed about it all I got was a bunch of bashing from people and your standard replies of "Canadian" and "Sand in vagina".

That entire thread was one long point-and-laugh fest, and it was revolving around a family man who died in a freak accident while filming a kids show, and you didn't say one word.

Here I remark that I could care less that this woman, who is an embodiment of so many evils and so much wrong with America, inevitably drank and drugged herself to death, and you're practically wailing at me.

And since you brought up animals, I'll just mention this: it saddens me deeply when animals die because they are neutral beings who never do any intentional evil at all. Anna Nicole Smith, on the other hand, did. That's why I care more about the animals than her.

I don't automatically rate animals in higher regard than humans. It's completely subjective. But it seems like you, and others here, think that the simple act of being human is a one-way ticket to some sort of higher level of worth in the universe, and I could not disagree more with that.

The problem is that I'm not incredibly saddened by Anna Nicole's death besides the way I usually feel when I hear anyone has died, but I won't let someone celebrate her death as if it was the best thing that happened to them all week.

I want you to STOP SAYING THAT RIGHT NOW.

I've been forced to say this a dozen times here. I did NOT, nor have I EVER, celebrated Anna Nicole's or ANYONE ELSE'S death.

You are lying about me and putting words in my mouth, and now you're completely blowing everything out of proportion to. "The best thing that happened to them all week"? How dare you.

I cracked jokes about the irony of Irwin's death, and I criticized the way people were acting as if they were surprised that The Crocodile Hunter was killed by an animal, but I never celebrated his death.

And I've done even less about ANS. Looks like I should be the one blowing up at you here.

You did the EXACT SAME THING you accused me of not having "the common ***ing decency" not to do.

I don't understand where anyone gets off judging any other human being as being useless. I'm sure your the ****ing moral authority of the universe.

She had a ridiculous amount of money and spent it on no one but herself. Do you have any idea what I'd give to have that power, just so I could use it to help others?

I'm sure she wasn't completely useless, but there's no excuse for that. Christ, it's not like I said she should've died, or that I wanted her to die when she was alive.

Hey, is it possible that Anna Nicole was actually another person, with a family that loved her, just like you? Is it possible that there are people who's hearts are breaking right now without her? Is it possible that if you can't understand this and feel a simple shred of empathy, then you're everything that's wrong with humanity? Maybe.

Kind of like how Steve Irwin had a wife and 7-year-old who loved him(whereas ANS had a 6-month-old daughter that didn't know her and she left in another part of the country with someone else to look after when she ended up dying)?

And yet you crack jokes about Irwin, and don't say a word to the others who slammed him, and then come down on ME here for saying far less bad than you and the others ever did.

And finish it all up with the classic "Please lock this before the person I'm unfairly bashing can retaliate!".

If you're sick of it, then leave. The fact that it's not locked isn't forcing you to come here.

Enough of this. I'm getting tired of you two arguing with each other. So unless either of you want to get banned, I'd suggest you both not reply to each other anymore for any reason.

I'm sick of arguing. I've made my point and you've made yours. You can keep on debating, but I'm just about done.

Latest posts

Back