Civil War: The Return Discussion (MAJOR SPOILERS!!!)

Hulk punched the space-time-continuum. I'm interested to see what he will do and how did they revive him, but not interested enough to buy this. I really hope they have a good excuse.

I'd assume it's a clone, but why would you pick a clone to warden a superhero prison?

Why would you use mass murderers to hunt down heroes when you have a man with the superpower of "making up other powers as I need them"?

Why would you change an obnoxious and hyperactive character to an obnoxious and emo character with the twin superpowers of getting off on pain and not dying of having spikes jammed into him every second of the day?

Why would you make clones in the first place?

Why would you think that SHIELD training would make heroes better, even though SHIELD agents' main skills are dying and shooting everything but their targets, while people like Daredevil and Spider-Man and Cap have been taking incredibly strong villains down with nonlethal tactics for a few decades?

so i picked it up, i actually really liked the captain marvel story, they found inspiration from another writer to explain his return though.

they pulled a colossus, you know he got pulled from a timestream before his death

and a new book called Captain Marvel will be released to follow up on this story probably mid-summer to fall

so i picked it up, i actually really liked the captain marvel story, they found inspiration from another writer to explain his return though.

they pulled a colossus, you know he got pulled from a timestream before his death

and a new book called Captain Marvel will be released to follow up on this story probably mid-summer to fall

Wow, that's stupid.

when it does, it does

when it don't, it don't

When it comes I want a goddamn good explanation for all this ****.
Sentry, Iron Man and Reed look to their dead friend back to life, what is their first question? "Hey...can you stay here in the Negative Zone and take cara of our Hero-Prison?"
From the Frontlines to Return, Paul Jenkins is dropping in my list.

:noway:

I still think it should've been The Captain.

I read through this real quick...the Captain Marvel was kind of confusing.

Have they given him some kind of mastery over time or something? Because it appears that he is existing in multiple timelines at once...at least that's how I understood it. I didn't even understand that there was a reason why he was back. It was like he was in the present talking about how he was going to die of cancer soon.

Sorry, not much of a summary, I know, MwoF. But I didn't understand it.

And like was mentioned that was only half the issue. The other half was a story about Sentry deciding to register. It had absolutely nothing to do with "The Return" and the whole book reeked of something thrown together haphazardly at the last second because the main CW book was delayed. The Sentry story was completely non-sensical.

Basically he fights Absorbing Man for a few pages, then melts him with the power of a million exploding suns. Then he decides to register.

Yeah.

Man. Jenkins it incredibly hit-and-miss.

This was seriously, like, the worst thing ever. Whoever said it, got it right, this was totally thrown together garbage. Captain Marvel coming back made no sense at all. None. And then he's back for ten minutes and he already runs the prison? I had no idea what was going on. And the Sentry story didn't even tie in in the least. . . bleh.

I read through this real quick...the Captain Marvel was kind of confusing.

Have they given him some kind of mastery over time or something? Because it appears that he is existing in multiple timelines at once...at least that's how I understood it. I didn't even understand that there was a reason why he was back. It was like he was in the present talking about how he was going to die of cancer soon.

Sorry, not much of a summary, I know, MwoF. But I didn't understand it.

And like was mentioned that was only half the issue. The other half was a story about Sentry deciding to register. It had absolutely nothing to do with "The Return" and the whole book reeked of something thrown together haphazardly at the last second because the main CW book was delayed. The Sentry story was completely non-sensical.

Basically he fights Absorbing Man for a few pages, then melts him with the power of a million exploding suns. Then he decides to register.

Yeah.

Man. Jenkins it incredibly hit-and-miss.

It seriously would've made more sense to have Sentry as the warden instead. Despiet the fact that he's been torn on the issue of registration--- he has obviously been on Tony's side in the pages of CW.

To me, it'd only be logical that the Sentry be warden/head guard at his superprison. It's in his ****ing name for Christ's sake!

This is a waste of printing paper.

It seriously would've made more sense to have Sentry as the warden instead. Despiet the fact that he's been torn on the issue of registration--- he has obviously been on Tony's side in the pages of CW.

To me, it'd only be logical that the Sentry be warden/head guard at his superprison. It's in his ****ing name for Christ's sake!

Good point.

I'm having a hard time criticizing the book - I'd have to understand it in order to do that. This was like the Twilite Zone or something. After reading this, I feel like I've been slapped in the face with a cold fish. Wearing a tutu. And high heels. And doing a Judy Garland impression.

I sort of liked it... not the sentry bit, but the Captain Marvel bit...

I mean, not high quality, but at least a 3.5/5

This is a waste of printing paper.

Not to mention The Sentry's done a whole lot of nothing in Civil War. He went and hung out with The Inhumans. And... yep. Inhumans. Registered hero my ***.

Good point.

I'm having a hard time criticizing the book - I'd have to understand it in order to do that. This was like the Twilite Zone or something. After reading this, I feel like I've been slapped in the face with a cold fish. Wearing a tutu. And high heels. And doing a Judy Garland impression.

Twin Peaks?

Latest posts

Back