Cloverfield (Spoilers!)

Re: JJ Abram's Cloverfield

So this isn't a Godzilla film?

Probably not. I think it's been limited down to an original monster film or some weird Lovecraftian madness.

I registered at your forum, Entropy.

Last edited:
Re: JJ Abram's Cloverfield

Probably not. I think it's been limited down to an original monster film or some weird Lovecraftian madness.

Ahhh , everyone lost me :oops: One minute it was godzilla then people were talking about a game. I got confused.

Re: JJ Abrams' "Cloverfield"

Oh man I just finished the Ethan was right game and that last puzzle was brutal

New idea that I was thinking of last night: The monster is supposed to be called "The Parasite" and the first thing that accompanies its roar is that the power goes out.

Could it be possible that it feeds off of electricity somehow?

Last edited:

New idea that I was thinking of last night: The monster is supposed to be called "The Parasite" and the first thing that accompanies its roar is that the power goes out.

Could it be possible that it feeds off of electricity somehow?

Well it could have just destroyed some power lines or something during its rampage

Last edited:

The only possible way for this movie not to meet the expectations is if it's a twin of Emrich's Godzilla

I just saw the trailer before Transformers. It looks very interesting. I'm intrigued by the whole idea of what Compound said... with the BWP formula applied to a blockbuster monster movie.

If it's just Godzilla though, I'll be disappointed. We've SEEN Godzilla all sorts of times. The whole point of this should be the fear and the realism, like we're there with these crowds and don't know what's happening.

What's the point of all that if we know it's just Godzilla again?

The Puzzles have nothing to do with the movie.

First, from JJ Abrahms Himself:

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your support of our little movie. I can't wait to talk to you more about it -- of course, knowing you, by the time we talk you'll know more than I will.

Regarding the online stuff you posted: yeah, we're doing some fun stuff on the web. But, obviously, if the movie doesn't kick some massive ***, who gives a rat's about what's online? So as you can imagine, we're focusing mostly on THAT. For what it's worth, the only site of ours that people have even FOUND is the 1-18-08.com site. The others (like the Ethan Haas sites) have nothing to do with us.

Stay cool the rest of the summer -- and thanks per usual for AICN!

JJ

Then an addition from Film Ick

Film Ick said:
So, the Ethan Hass puzzles are apparently completely unrelated to the Cloverfield/1-18-08 film.

They are linked to Paramount it seems, as Paramount have had clips from the game pages pulled from YouTube. So people can be forgiven for getting so deep into that puzzle - there was a pretty solid piece of evidence.

The chap who revealed the sites to me in the first place feels 'dumb' now. I wouldn't - there were many, many rumblings about the two being connected, and plenty of linking factors.

But there is another site online that is directly linked... a site promoting Slusho, a drink we first saw in Alias and has now popped up in the 1-18-08 trailer.

I've put a picture at the bottom of this post revealing the Slusho logo in the trailer, and below that, a Slush desktop for you.

So, what's going on with this site? Unsuprisingly, it pretends to be Japanese, at least to some extent, but it clearly isn't; it offers some downloads, an e-mail address that you can contact to answer the question "Are you HAPPY?" and a 'History' page.

There are plenty of suggestions on that page that we're dealing with a sea monster here, and possibly one created by pollution of some kind. Have a look around and you'll soon see what I mean. Take it from me with a 100% guarantee: this is a related site and Abrams' contention to Aint it Cool that nobody had discovered it is, at best, out of date.

http://www.slusho.jp

Last edited:

I can't find slusho in the trailer? anyone?

I saw the preview last night...

They could've found a better Statue of Liberty head, couldn't they? Didn't even look real.

Anyway, it looks interesting enough. I would like to see a little bit more to it, though. I'm not sold just because it's JJ.

They could've found a better Statue of Liberty head, couldn't they? Didn't even look real.

Anyway, it looks interesting enough. I would like to see a little bit more to it, though. I'm not sold just because it's JJ.

It's called CGI, of course it's not real

Ethan Haas has nothing to do with this!?

What the hell?? Then what does it have to do with!? Well, I'm still paying attention to the EH sites since they're just as interesting as this.

Ethan Haas has nothing to do with this!?

What the hell?? Then what does it have to do with!? Well, I'm still paying attention to the EH sites since they're just as interesting as this.

Who is Ethan Haas?

I really don't think this has anything to do with Godzilla. I heard that another wouldn't be made until 2013 or something like that.

Ummmm...don't forget, it was ricochetted off a building after being thrown a couple miles, and skidded and bounced down asphalt a few hundred yards.

Latest posts

Back