Cloverfield (Spoilers!)

Re: JJ Abrams' "Cloverfield"

There isn't an answer yet. That's why I gave you the links.

Sorry, I thought he was a real person. Like some kind of evangelical.

Then I read this... I think it can be disputed both ways whether or not the movie has anything to do with the sites. The two sites obviously comment eachother like two factions in a war or something. This is crazy cool. 8)

I don't know... I'm not going to discount the Ethan Haas things completely just yet.

I don't know... I'm not going to discount the Ethan Haas things completely just yet.

Same here, I was really hoping that that it was apart of it, the whole thing really added to the mystery and had that kind of Lost feeling to it. In fact today I was thinking that in the movie the group of freinds go into a basement to hide that is occupied by Van, but know that's scarpped. I guess we'll have to wait until August to find out more about Haas

Obviously it will be in prestine condition, it's the Statue of Liberty.

:roll:

Don't make me hurt you.

Oh good news, I got your drawling back, it was marked as undeliverable. I'll try again on monday.

Does anyone know if there is anything even semi-definitive which links the trailer to any particular ...er... genre or project?

THAT IS... being a big Godzilla fan, I thought, with regret (because I have heard not a WORD that suggests any Godzilla project is in the works, except for [perhaps] a short Imax/3D project involving Godzilla attacking Las Vegas, with the Japanese Godzilla in the lead), that the trailer had the perfect tone for a GOOD "American Godzilla" movie. But beyond that, nothing in the trailer (that I recall anyway) provided any link to Godzilla, other than a general sense that MAYBE ... MAYBE... this involved some kind of huge monster attacking NY.

Nonetheless, I continue to see (various sites) talking about "Godzilla"...

On the other hand, for some reason, some folks seem to believe this MIGHT be tied to a rumored "Voltron" movie. Why? I am not sure. Some folks seem to believe that the words "Its a lion" are in the trailer (while others hear "Its alive!", instead). At any rate, this rumor seems to "have legs" too... although I am not sure why. Is there a link through the studio which has the rights to Voltron? Or is it just total speculation?

AND...

Somehow, the idea that this is a "Lovecraftian" // Cthulu-esque project has been floated. Again...not sure why. The names of the characters? Etc etc...

What I am asking is.. beyond simple speculation, has anyone yet run down something tangible that SUGGESTS we look in one direction or another? Or, at this point, is it ALL "just" speculation, wishful thinking, etc?

Enquiring minds want to know! ; )

Shadow

Last edited:

This is brilliant. This'll be 2008's Snakes On a Plane

I saw the preview with Transformers and, honestly, didn't buy into it all that much... It's not that much to go by. Then, I went on to the internet and unearthed something very familiar to the Lost Experience. I can't wait to see how they unveil all the rest of this movie until it's release. Should be a good one, too.

And if it's Voltron, I'll seriously be upset. I think it's about time for something original, don't you?

I'm hoping this will have more depth than Snakes on a Plane. :?

Does anyone know if there is anything even semi-definitive which links the trailer to any particular ...er... genre or project?

THAT IS... being a big Godzilla fan, I thought, with regret (because I have heard not a WORD that suggests any Godzilla project is in the works, except for [perhaps] a short Imax/3D project involving Godzilla attacking Las Vegas, with the Japanese Godzilla in the lead), that the trailer had the perfect tone for a GOOD "American Godzilla" movie. But beyond that, nothing in the trailer (that I recall anyway) provided any link to Godzilla, other than a general sense that MAYBE ... MAYBE... this involved some kind of huge monster attacking NY.

Nonetheless, I continue to see (various sites) talking about "Godzilla"...

On the other hand, for some reason, some folks seem to believe this MIGHT be tied to a rumored "Voltron" movie. Why? I am not sure. Some folks seem to believe that the words "Its a lion" are in the trailer (while others hear "Its alive!", instead). At any rate, this rumor seems to "have legs" too... although I am not sure why. Is there a link through the studio which has the rights to Voltron? Or is it just total speculation?

AND...

Somehow, the idea that this is a "Lovecraftian" // Cthulu-esque project has been floated. Again...not sure why. The names of the characters? Etc etc...

What I am asking is.. beyond simple speculation, has anyone yet run down something tangible that SUGGESTS we look in one direction or another? Or, at this point, is it ALL "just" speculation, wishful thinking, etc?

Enquiring minds want to know! ; )

Shadow

All we know is that it will be a monster movie film from the perspective of a group of friends. Aslo people thought Godzilla because of the roar, and something like destroying the empire state building and a flying head of the statue of liberty seems very godzilla-monster-fight-like. And the Voltron rumor only came from a mishearing of the line"I saw it, it's alive, its huge!" Some people thought the person said "Its a lion" rather than "Its Alive". And I think the Lovecraftian idea came from the fact that Abram is a fan of that (I could be wrong on that). Speculations is all we can do. What you see in the trailer is all we got, to get anymore we have to wait.

And I think the Lovecraftian idea came from the fact that Abram is a fan of that (I could be wrong on that). Speculations is all we can do. What you see in the trailer is all we got, to get anymore we have to wait.

It also came from the Ethan Haas websites, which have a very Lovecraftian vibe.

Latest posts

Back