Cloverfield (Spoilers!)

Re: JJ Abrams' "Cloverfield"

:( I just really want some news on ghostbusters III

I think we're more likely to hear news about the game first before we hear about GBIII. Although, with all of the revival sequels coming out (Rocky Balboa, John Rambo, Live Free or Die Hard, Indiana Jones IV, etc), I'm surprised we haven't heard anything. . .

But this? This definitely isn't GBIII.

Joe_Kalicki said:
Here's some: Never gonna happen.

I'd completely agree, but Dan Ackroyd's determination to make it gives me a faint glimmer of hope. Very faint, but its there.

Last edited:

Here's some: Never gonna happen.

It will Dan Akyroyd announced it in February.

Although, with all of the revival sequels coming out (Rocky Balboa, John Rambo, Live Free or Die Hard, Indiana Jones IV, etc), I'm surprised we haven't heard anything. . .

yeah I thought maybe we would of by now

But this? This definitely isn't GBIII.

yeah probably not I was just hoping.

...And Cloverfield.

So.

G4's coverage at Comic Con was on and I decided to tune in to this for a bit... I had, of course, heard all of the good stuff from Newsarama (or here) already, but decided it'd be something to watch. Whatever.

There were three guys that were discussing Abrams. One of the guys was on the fence about him, the other was a real downer, and the host was just playing the devil's advocate a bit. Anyway, they discussed Abrams doing Star Trek and arrived at his inability to really pull out a movie... Saying that, on the scale of things he's done so far, MI:3 was like watching a television show and, the guy went on to say, that he didn't expect Star Trek to be any different.

Finally, Cloverfield came on. The guys were saying that, from the preview, they didn't think it was going to be anything more than a television show either...

Whatever.

They are geeks.

Abrams has said that it's his intention to create the American Godzilla... To have Americans into monster classics. Sounds like a fun enough idea.

...And Cloverfield.

So.

G4's coverage at Comic Con was on and I decided to tune in to this for a bit... I had, of course, heard all of the good stuff from Newsarama (or here) already, but decided it'd be something to watch. Whatever.

There were three guys that were discussing Abrams. One of the guys was on the fence about him, the other was a real downer, and the host was just playing the devil's advocate a bit. Anyway, they discussed Abrams doing Star Trek and arrived at his inability to really pull out a movie... Saying that, on the scale of things he's done so far, MI:3 was like watching a television show and, the guy went on to say, that he didn't expect Star Trek to be any different.

Finally, Cloverfield came on. The guys were saying that, from the preview, they didn't think it was going to be anything more than a television show either...

Whatever.

They are geeks.

Abrams has said that it's his intention to create the American Godzilla... To have Americans into monster classics. Sounds like a fun enough idea.

Never much liked G4.

Now I have an image of Godzilla saluting an American flag.

GODZILLA: ALL AMERICAN

Last edited:

Rumor is the title is going to be "Overnight"
Joblo said:
Apparently Group One Productions, LLC, and Jackoway Tyerman Wertheimer registered a trademark (#77232885) "Overnight" on July 18, 2007, for the use in "motion picture, television and music production and distribution services." The Attorney of Record for the trademark is Lori N. Boatright, who was also the Attorney of Record for "SLUSHO!," "SLUSHO! YOU CAN'T DRINK JUST SIX," and "BAD ROBOT" trademarks (#77229623, #77229614, and #76340985).

Also a new photo is added it the website, which you can flip over...

Wow. Let's hate a channel because they don't share the same opinion.

While I missed that coverage and don't agree either, G4 is still cool.

I don't hate the channel. These guys might, but I don't.

I thought it was actually interesting to hear someone bash Abrams. I hadn't really heard anything negative from him and these guys were wailin on him, it seemed. It's good to get both sides of the argument... And G4 provided.

Wow. Let's hate a channel because they don't share the same opinion.

While I missed that coverage and don't agree either, G4 is still cool.

I haven't seen much G4 but the guys seem pretty stupid in that they dont take time to understand something and make stupid comments

I haven't seen much G4 but the guys seem pretty stupid in that they dont take time to understand something and make stupid comments

I disagree. It's not that they don't take the time to understand, it may be that what they are talking about is not their cup of tea. They're trying to reach an audience so you've gotta be ambiguous.

Is this movie called "Furious"? The same movie poster that we've all seen has now been branded with that word...

Is this movie called "Furious"? The same movie poster that we've all seen has now been branded with that word...

No, that's the next in a series of posters with adjectives, the first one having been "Monstrous".

Got it...

As if we can't tell that this movie is "monstrous" or "furious" already... Taking off the Statue of Liberty's head... Pssh.

Latest posts

Back