Comic Dreamcasting #25 The Amazing Spider-Man (Ends 1-19-08)

I can't beleive nobody has said Tommy Lee Jones as Norman Osbourne

Deodato should have tried to make that less obvious

It'd be good but I didn't want the Golbin in my film. I still think the Sinister Six is the best way to do a lot of villains plausibly in a Spider-Man movie.

That could work , I was considering the goblin , not who you said but was thinking about and decided no as it would feel like a remake with him and so I chose Chameleon instead

I thought about it.

Had I made my film a soft reboot and stuck more closely to the comics....I would have. It's only logical.

But since it was a continuation of the previous films....I opted not to confuse the audience.

Spiderman/Peter ParkerJake Gyllenhaal – Lovable, dorky, shy Peter Parker. Perfected by Tobey…kinda. I've always thought Tobey never really had the "hero" presence about him. But Jake's got it. He can do the quirky, nerdy, new science teacher who rambles when he gets nervous and gushes with love when he's confronted with the fact that he's married to his dream girl. But unlike Tobey, Jake can seriously do action leads.
I like Jake mostly because he can combine a very winning handsome GQ-worthy look with the aw shucks nerdy demeanor perfectly.

As a schoolteacher, I kind of imagine him not being a total hopeless dork, just a guy with a long raincoat and a clip-on tie, coming in to a teacher's lounge with a big ole cardbox filled with of half-assed science projects like baking soda volcanos and cheap wire models of the solar system (which also stand in for atoms during the physics quarter).

Victor Von Doom said:
Aunt MayMaggie Smith – Really…any old woman can do this. Doesn't matter what justification you put…she could very well be Jake's old Grandma and she'd still work.
While there is some merit to your argument, I doubt very much that Maggie Smith, whose career seems to focus on quaint British period material or at least de-modernized present day films, would ever play Aunt May.

Victor Von Doom said:
Dr.Connors Tate Donovan – The good guy gone bad by accidental. Tate's played this role before. As The O.C's Jimmy Cooper, Tate played a father who just wanted to provide for his family the best he could. He made some bad decisions but with good intentions and had to suffer the fallout. Just look at Tate…he's got the lovable good guy face---but you just know that smile can turn from heartwarming to sinister. In the early stages of aggression and transformation, I can just see Tate stammering about how all the pressure of the world is on him and his smile turns evil and pretty soon he's tossing furniture, screaming at his wife, scaring the kids, all that.
The reasoning is sound and awesome, and Tate Donovan is highly under-used. Also, I think he'd make a decent "I'm just a schlub who does reprehensible things" based on his performance from FX's Damages.

Victor Von Doom said:
Electro Bradley Cooper – For all the reason's Bluebeast said. Electro is basically you're do anything-douchebag-thug with superpowers. And even though Cooper has displayed his innate ability to channel such douchery in "Wedding Crashers" and this season's "Nip/Tuck"…it's Cooper's eyes and maniacal smile that bring this side of Electro to life. Going for an Ultimate-look…imagine Cooper's face all sparky and blue as he stands over a fallen Spider-Man and rants about how much respect he's gonna get for being the man who dropped "The Spider" and how he's gonna run this city with Spidey gone. Cooper screaming it. Frothing at the mouth and spitting all over Peter's mask as he laces his tyrannical rant with punches to Peter's face and shocks to his crumpled body. Imagine it? Good…you know you love it!
I have never seen Bradley Cooper in anything but Kitchen Confidential... and I approve.

16joseph-3-450.jpg

Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Dex
Kept alive at the whim of his master, Dex wants Morlun to kill him more than anything else. He needed to look half-dead... But he has to also be the sort who is consciously resisting Morlun, particularly with his help in the monster's defeat. JGL is great at playing emotionally damaged people, and would play off of Eccleston fantastically methinks
A great choice.

You are totally hot for Joseph Gordon-Levitt, aren't you?

I would be too, if I were gay.

Him and James McAvoy. RAWR.

A great choice.

You are totally hot for Joseph Gordon-Levitt, aren't you?

I would be too, if I were gay.

He totally is.

This was probably the first round I've really wanted to cast in almost a month. I haven't been too pleased with the round choices as of late.

The last one I really wanted to do was the Tarantino round and Iron Fist round.

I think if the next rounds aren't to my liking I might just devote some time to casting those old projects.

Latest posts

Back