Comic Dreamcasting #25 The Amazing Spider-Man (Ends 1-19-08)

May I ask who you had him as?

I originally wanted him as Spider-Man but I decided not too because I thought I'd found someone better, but I still wanted to include him as part of the cast so I cast him as Harry Osborn. Ultimately, I decided to get rid of Harry Osborn because I had too many characters.

EDIT: Actually, I think I did cast Roday as Ben Reilly, but I got rid of Ben Reilly too. And since Ben Reilly is a clone of Peter, then I actually did cast Roday as Peter.

Last edited:
I don't have any ideas for a cast, but have a great one for plot, except for Peter Parker. I think Ryan Reynolds could be a great spidey, I just can really picture him doing great in costume, the voice, the wise cracks, actually having body movement. He would work great as the confident Parker we see most often. Parker was anti social pre-powers, but once he got those powers he also got the confidence he was lacking. After becoming Spider-man he became more out going, social, and goes straight up to a girl to ask her out. In fact the only anti social qualities he has is from him living a double life. Tobey was great as Nerdy Parker, but never evolved from that point. I don't think Reynolds would be the best Parker, but a great Spider-man

I don't have any ideas for a cast, but have a great one for plot, except for Peter Parker. I think Ryan Reynolds could be a great spidey, I just can really picture him doing great in costume, the voice, the wise cracks, actually having body movement. He would work great as the confident Parker we see most often. Parker was anti social pre-powers, but once he got those powers he also got the confidence he was lacking. After becoming Spider-man he became more out going, social, and goes straight up to a girl to ask her out. In fact the only anti social qualities he has is from him living a double life. Tobey was great as Nerdy Parker, but never evolved from that point. I don't think Reynolds would be the best Parker, but a great Spider-man

I think NPH (who voiced Spidey in the MTV cartoon) would make a good post-nerd Spider-Man. In the series, I liked how he kind of tweaked his voiced when he got into Spidey mode to disguise himself. He was perfect as the wise-cracking, confident Spider-Man.

I think NPH (who voiced Spidey in the MTV cartoon) would make a good post-nerd Spider-Man. In the series, I liked how he kind of tweaked his voiced when he got into Spidey mode to disguise himself. He was perfect as the wise-cracking, confident Spider-Man.

Don't know who NPH is but I agree, only good voice casting in that show

Don't know who NPH is but I agree, only good voice casting in that show
:shock:

Neil Patrick Harris.

Barney.jpg

Lol, I assumed that everyone knew what the divine initials "NPH" stood for.

Last edited:
When Spencer Smythe, CEO of Smythe Biotech finds himself under siege by terrifying attacks from super-powered maniacs... who else steps in but the Amazing Spider-Man? But when Smythe begans to slam his good intentions, a tangled web becomes visible to Peter. Why is Smythe such a target, what is he hiding and are the villains really as clear cut as they seem?
THE WEB OF SPIDER-MAN

07-spider-man00.jpg

Introducing, from left to right:
  • Based on his portrayals of hilariously belligerent yet psychologically troubled youths from Donnie Darko and Jarhead, I bring you Jake Gyllenhaal as Peter Parker, but more importantly, as The Amazing Spider-Man.​
  • Best known to HBO fanatics as Ruth Fisher, the emotionally fragile matriarch from Six Feet Under, Frances Conroy is a fitting match to play perenially depressed widow Aunt May.​
  • If you've seen the ball-busting CEO from You Me & Dupree and the corporate raiding bad-*** from Wall Street, then you know Michael Douglas is fit to play a less comedic 'Marvel Knights'-ish J. Jonah Jameson.​
  • With a noteworthy career as an actress playing actresses in films like Factory Girl and Interview, Sienna Miller would be welcome in a supporting role as New York wannabe boheme, Mary Jane Watson.​
OUR VILLAINS ARE:
07-spider-man-smythe.jpg
Patrick Bauchau is Spencer Smythe. Smythe is best known as the inventor of the Spider-Slayers, but in this film he is reinvented as a Justin Hammer knockoff: the ruthlessly profit-minded CEO of Smythe Biotechnologies.

Bauchau is probably familiar to American TV fans as the software programmer turned terrorist sympathizer Jacob Rossler from Season Five of 24. However, he is most recognizable as the intimidating mentalist Lodz from HBO's Carnivale.
07-spider-man-vulture.jpg
Adrien Brody as Adrian Toomes. An aging bioelectrical engineer at Smythe Biotech who is researching electromagnetic biofields and later becomes the winged life-force stealing Vulture.

Adrien Brody is familiar to most for playing quiet down-trodden souls from films like The Jacket and Hollywoodland (and will soon be in the Guillermo Del Toro-produced genetic horror film, Splice.)
07-spider-man-cardiac.jpg
Lennie James as Prof. Elias Wirtham. A university cardiovascular professor whose brother died because Smythe Biotech refused to distribute breakthrough cures because it was waiting for 'the most profitable time'. Wirtham later becomes the 'beta-particle heart'-powered Cardiac.

British-born Lennie James is best known for his starring role as the highly secretive and conspiratorially overprotective Robert Hawkins, 'The Mysterious Black Guy' from CBS' Jericho.
07-spider-man-lizard.jpg
Jeffrey Combs as Dr. Curt Connors. A self-loathing military surgeon who lost his arm in Iraq, Connors is receiving funding from Smythe Biotech for his cellular regenerative research. Pitied by everyone, respected by no one, Connors transforms himself into the herpetelogical Hyde-like menace known as The Lizard.

Infamous for his hilariously eerie Special Agent Milton Dammers from Peter Jackson's The Frighteners, Jeffrey Combs exhibits the right amount of self-serious resolve, hilarious camp and off-putting weirdness to play the self-esteem challenged and slightly schizoid Curt Connors.

Last edited:
Wow, your plot is similar to my idea and I would have also pick Jeffrey Combs as Connors

I almost never post a dreamcast without consulting Ourchair first.

This one was no exception. You can't imagine the pain and anger and jubilation we both feel as we discuss casts....only to find out that we picked the same characters for certain roles.

It really weird sometimes.

Wow, your plot is similar to my idea and I would have also pick Jeffrey Combs as Connors
Actually, the initial premise was just to throw in as many oddball 'uncool' villains as I could, but I wanted to respect TOG's mandate of 4-5 characters only (outside of Peter & Gwen/MJ).

Then I had to come up with an excuse for them to be together that seemed fitting. The inspiration was basically "Double Trouble" from Ultimate Spider-Man. I pretty much decided that anyone with genetic powers (i.e. Hydro-Man, Electro) were out.

You would've ended up seeing one or more of the following: The Spot, The Beetle, Shocker, Boomerang, Stegron, Alistair Smythe, Silvermane, Hammerhead and Rhino. Also, I toyed with Puma as an unlikely ally because I just can't get enough of that guy.

Basically if the character was EVER cool at any point in his career, he's OFF my list.

Last edited:
You would've ended up seeing one or more of the following: The Spot, The Beetle, Shocker, Boomerang, Stegron, Alistair Smythe, Silvermane, Hammerhead and Rhino. Also, I toyed with Puma as an unlikely ally because I just can't get enough of that guy.

Basically if the character was EVER cool at any point in his career, he's OFF my list.

I would love to see an Ultimate Rhino onscreen. Perhaps as a henchman for an up-and-coming crime boss named Hammerhead?

Latest posts

Back