Comic Dreamcasting #25 The Amazing Spider-Man (Ends 1-19-08)

Fantastic round choice TOG. I'm not sure whether I want to go Amazing on this instead of Ultimate and I already have my Parker and Aunt May casted. Yes.

Fantastic round choice TOG. I'm not sure whether I want to go Amazing on this instead of Ultimate and I already have my Parker and Aunt May casted. Yes.
He said "Amazing" so I presume it's a 616 version, even if movies tend to steal from the Ultimate palate. :)

Mmmm.

I'm going say Ultimate is allowed. Unless we plan on a USM round somewhere.

I like the freedom this round as.

I have my whole cast ready with the exception of a Spider-Man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mmmm.

I'm going say Ultimate is allowed. Unless we plan on a USM round somewhere.

I like the freedom this round as.
We made a distinction between "Fantastic Four" and "Ultimate Fantastic Four", so I think at some point we will want to do an "Ultimate Spider-Man" round.

I pretty much wrote the rules so that we wouldn't have to quibble over things like this, but I would think a reasonable way of looking at it is to say that "The Amazing Spider-Man" gives you the opportunity to cast from any point in forty years of continuity --- tormented 90s Spider-Man, pals & gals 70s Spider-Man and constant power changing 80s Spider-Man.

"Ultimate Spider-Man" on the other hand has a 21st century reshuffling of the relationships (e.g., Gwen Stacy is a 'bad' girl, Flash is a jerk with pretty much none of the heart of his 616 counterpart, Ben & May are less feeble septuagenarians and more aging hippies) and far and removed from any place in which Peter deals with adult responsibilities like paying the rent.

Last edited:
I guess I'm taking the Incredible Hulk route where this is kind of a sequel to the previous films, but it's different enough to be a remake.

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN

Peter Parker/Spider-Man - Charlie Day
CharlieDay.jpg

Mary Jane Watson - Amy Adams
amy-adams-1024x768-20112.jpg

Aunt May Reilly-Parker - Tess Harper
29a8.jpg

Ezekiel Sims - Peter Gallagher
peter_gallagherakasandy.jpg

Morlun - Gabriel Byrne
GabrielByrne0.jpg

Felicia Hardy/Black Cat - Ali Larter or Kristen Bell
ali_larter.jpg

KristenBell1.jpg

Last edited:
Small Roles and Flashbacks:

Richard Parker - Matthew Settle
matthewsettle.jpg

Mary Fitzpatrick-Parker - Mary Louise Parker
mary_louise_parker.jpg

Ben Urich - Richard E. Grant
Richard-E-Grant.jpg

Last edited:
Peter Parker/Spider-Man – Milo Ventimiglia (with Andy Serkis providing Spider-Man movement)

Mary Jane Watson – Olivia Wilde

Adrian Toomes/Vulture – Ben Kingsley

Cletus Cassidy/Carnage – Robert Knepper

Sergei Kravenoff/Kraven the Hunter – Bruce Campbell

Max Dillon/Electro – Jensen Ackles

Quentin Beck/Mysterio - Harvey Keitel

Last edited:
Too freaking many Langsta. 4-5 people. Can no one understand that?

I was thinking of using Milo as Spider-Man.

I also choose the same Carnage.

Last edited:
Too freaking many Langsta. 4-5 people. Can no one understand that?

honestly I don't think we should restrict how many.

4-5 is not enough to do it right and other rounds do not have 4-5 limitations

Spider-man/Peter Parker: Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Gwen Stacy: Amy Smart

Uncle Ben: Mark Hamill
Norman Osborn/Green Goblin: Josh Brolin
Harry Osborn:
J. Jonah Jameson: Dennis Farina

Robbie Benson: Morgan Freeman
Detective Stacy: Michael Biehn
Eddie Brock: Scott Caan

honestly I don't think we should restrict how many.

4-5 is not enough to do it right and other rounds do not have 4-5 limitations
Actually, we DO have a restriction. The rules were made so that we have a limit of up to nine characters. Moderators and participants have just been consistently breaking the rule. (I did so myself at one point)

One of the reasons why I wrote the rules so that the limit is up to nine is that I didn't want too many people getting the idea of trying to write overly comprehensive casts and excessively long entries.

I myself don't like it when people break from a) the limit of nine, b) the cast the moderator suggests by including characters not listed or c) the cast the moderator suggests by disregarding it (e.g., inserting Supergirl/Superman in Legion of Superheroes even when I listed nine specific LOSHers, or dropping LOSHers because they weren't 'how they viewed the team').

That said, I just don't feel compelled to really complain about it too much because I don't want to come off like a total fascist, even if it does actually bother me.

YOU CANNOT VOTE FOR THIS CAST

My idea is for 2 "sequels" to the original trilogy. I was thinking of ignoring Spider-Man 3, but I decided not too.

The first would follow begin a year or two after the end of last film. Peter and MJ are getting married or are married.

Meanwhile Kraven The Hunter is a huge famous hunter (a combo of 616 and Ultimate) that decides to hunt Spider-Man. Also Morrie Bench is a volunteer for a test that would give me superpowers. This is the same company and experiment that gave Sandman is powers, and would further explain what they were doing. I think the movie would end with the return of Venom. It also introduce the dynamic of Black Cat to the relationship of MJ and Peter. Someone who can keep up with Spider-man.

The next movie would open with Spider-Man catching mass serial killer Cletus Kasady. Than the first half of the movie would be Venom stalking and tormenting Peter and MJ. He would have a huge battle with Spider-Man. Spider-Man would successfully separate the two. Brock is locked up with Kasady. Meanwhile the symboite is stored away and it spawns another. It bonds with Kasady and Venom's comes back. The rest of the movie would be Spider-Man tracking down Black Cat to help battle the two of them.

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN

Spider_man.jpg

Peter Parker, Spider-Man - Milo Ventimiglia

I think Milo is a good option, not a great one. But I think he can balance the nerd and the smartass better than Tobey could.

MaryJane.jpg

Mary Jane Watson- Emma Stone

Emma Stone looks like MJ. She has let to make her name big, but she seems like she will be around for a little while.

BlackCat.jpg

Felica Hardy, Black Cat - Eliza Dushku

I cast her in a lot of things, but she was my first choice before Dreamcasting existed, when the rumors of Black Cat were around.

Kraven.jpg

Sergei Kravinoff , Kraven The Hunter - Timothy Olyphant

Look at that picture. Now picture him in Hitman and Deadwood.

Hydro-Man.jpg

Morris "Morrie" Bench, Hydro-Man - Tim DeKay

I want to change Bench into a Marine that volunteered for the test after injuring himself in some way. The powers and test corrupted him, causing him to seek revenge on his government and the company.

Venom.jpg

Eddie Brock, Venom - David Boreanaz

If you ever watched Boreanaz play Angelus. Angelus is similar to Venom. I like my Venom to be bigger, stronger, and faster than Spider-Man.

Carnage.jpg

Cletus Kasady, Carnage - Robert Knepper

If you ever watched Prison Break and Hitman, than you know that Knepper is very sinister. Imagine his face coming out of the symboite, similar to how Grace was in SM3.​

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back