Comic Dreamcasting #25 The Amazing Spider-Man (Ends 1-19-08)

Not bad Tog. Not bad at all. Except for Timothy Olyphant as Kraven.

I really like Tobey and the whole cast from the other movies so I don't feel like recasting them. I've got a few villain ideas that I think would really work though. Might post those some time.

Angelus is nothing like Brock.

Brock is a whiny baby, always wondering why the world dumped on him, but gave everything to Spider-Man and Parker.

Angelus is a conniving *******, who will help you out in one sec, then stab you in the back the next. Angelus would never whine.

I'm not saying David is a bad choice, just saying that your reasoning is off.

Last edited:
Nice cast TOG , I've always said Eliza Dushku should play Black Cat

Angelus is nothing like Brock.

Brock is a whiny baby, always wondering why the world dumped on him, but gave everything to Spider-Man and Parker.

Angelus is a conniving *******, who will help you out in one sec, then stab you in the back the next. Angelus would never whine.

I'm not saying David is a bad choice, just saying that your reasoning is off.

I meant more that they are similar when he becomes Venom, with the way he stalked Spider-Man and played mindgames with him.

TOG if I want the Sinister Six in this would that still be ok as them being the extras? I really want to do the Sinister Six on this.

Does anyone else think that Josh Brolin would make a good Kraven?

No but Paul Hogan would , he's old sure but think Crocodile' Dundee and thats how movie Kraven should be

The Amazing Spider-Man

I would like to restart the series with Parker being about 30 and having most of the characters being like their portrayals in the Amazing run of JMS's. This movie would be much lighter than the first three movies and much more spirited to the character of Spider-Man. The film would deal with Spider-Man taking on the entire Sinister Six.

Peter Parker, The Amazing Spider-Man
James Roday
0000009116_20060920160653.jpg

I want the Spider-Man movies to have something that the original trilogy didn't have; a funny Spider-Man. Parker's about 30 in this movie and married to MJ. He's had a lot of trouble in his life but now has an almost manic sense of humor when going into battles. If anyone's seen Psych, they know Roday is a genius at delivering one-liners. I think his unique brand of acting can bring some heart to the wall-crawler.

Mary Jane Watson Parker
Julia Stiles
julia_stiles.jpg

In the comics Mary Jane is a model who desperately wants to be an actress. To me she's also a girl who's completely out of Parker's league. To play the girl who won Peter's heart I pick Julia Stiles for her quirky comedy and well performances in action films. Plus she also has that girl next door vibe going for her.

Felicia Hardy, The Black Cat
Megan Fox
megan-fox-picture-6.jpg

If Spidey's going against the entire Sinister Six, he's going to need some help. Initially introduced as an opponent to Parker and becoming a rival for his affections with Mary Jane, Black Cat ends up becoming his greatest ally. I think Fox will play this cat perfectly. And I mean perfectly.

Aunt May Parker
Helen Mirren
helen_mirren.jpg

I didn't like the Aunt May in the original films. I think Peter's going to need a tougher Aunt May to raise him. Helen Mirren's a fantastic actress, and she can play the mother figure that Peter needs.

Adrian Toomes, The Vulture
Ben Kingsley
a_br10qkingsley_0813.jpg

I'd want Vulture to be the mastermind behind the whole Sinister Six. He's never had really many defining moments in the comics but I think he could be played as more of a genius than he's given credit for. Besides the menacing attitude and the villainous experience, just look at Kingsley. It's like Ditko traced a picture of his face when he designed the Vulture.

Quentin Beck, Mysterio
Crispin Glover
charon2.jpg

I don't usually agree with Wizard Magazine's choices for comic book movies but I can't resist on this one. Mysterio's a weird guy in a group of weird guys. If Crispin Glover can't pull off the creepy voice and actions to make a guy with a fish bowl menacing then I don't know who can.

Sergei Kravinoff, Kraven the Hunter
Justin Theroux
ca262626.jpg

I've always seen Kraven as the black sheep of the Sinister Six. He's not nearly as powerful as the other five and yet he's on the team simply because he's the biggest badass mother ****er in the history of the Spider-Man comics. He's one of a few of his Rogues who have actually had a decisive victory over him as well. To play the insane Russian big game hunter I like Justin Theroux from Charlie's Angels. He's got that swagger and that attitude that'll look great as he's pounding the piss out of Parker. I don't like that I picked the villains from both of those movies but you need zany actors to play these caricatures of super villains.

Roderick Kingsley, The Hobgoblin
Eric Roberts
heroes-20070507034549818.jpg

Hobgoblin's basically the mystery man of the Six. He's a guy who knows what he wants and when he sees it he takes it. He's also probably the most disturbed of the Six and wants Parker dead just because it'll make things easier for him. Eric Roberts always can play a good bad guy. He can certainly bring the Hobgoblin to life.

Maxwell Dillon, Electro
Bradley Cooper
cristopre.jpg

Out of the Sinister Six Electro's not exactly the brightest of them all. Electro's a huge ******* and he lives to just make a profit for himself. Just watching the aerial battles between him and Spider-Man would be amazing to see. If you've seen Wedding Crashers you know Bradley Cooper's a guy you just want to punch through the whole movie. That's what Electro is, the guy you really want to punch in the face.

Flint Marko, The Sandman
Dominic Purcell
dominic-purcell-picture-1.jpg

I'm going back to Sandman's roots in the comics by making him a thug with a heart. Sandman's basically a good guy who's done awful things because it came easy to him. I can definitely see him turning on the Sinister Six and helping Spider-Man out. Prison Break's Dominic Purcell is an actor who has huge presence but has a softer side to him. He can bring the Sandman to life.

Suck it Trebek!

Last edited:
Aunt May: Helen Mirren
helen_mirren.jpg

I didn't like the Aunt May in the original films. I think Peter's going to need a tougher Aunt May to raise him. Helen Mirren's a fantastic actress, and she can play the mother figure that Peter needs.

Vulture: Ben Kingsley
a_br10qkingsley_0813.jpg

I'd want Vulture to be the mastermind behind the whole Sinister Six. He's never had really many defining moments in the comics but I think he could be played as more of a genius than he's given credit for. Besides the menacing attitude and the villainous experience, just look at Kingsley. It's like Ditko traced a picture of his face when he designed the Vulture.

GAHH! Great picks.

You get awesome points for having James Roday.

I had Roday in my original cast, just not as Peter.

Nice cast bluebeast , the only one I don't like is Megan Fox as Black Cat , I like Megan Fox , but she just doesn't have that quality that black cat has , Eliza Dushku (like TOG's pick) picked is the perfect one for her.

Nice cast bluebeast , the only one I don't like is Megan Fox as Black Cat , I like Megan Fox , but she just doesn't have that quality that black cat has , Eliza Dushku (like TOG's pick) picked is the perfect one for her.

I stand by my post.

Last edited:
Bluebeast actually took some of my choices. He got my Electro and May.

And I briefly toyed with the idea of having Roday as Peter....but then I opted to go another route.

Latest posts

Back