Comics you haven't read but should

I need to give Casanova a shot.

Yes. Yes you do.

I just went on an insane binge and downloaded Starman, Alan Moore's Swamp Thing, Preacher, Transmetropolitan, The Invisibles, Doom Patrol and a bunch of smaller Morrison works like Vimanarama and Kill Your Boyfriend. I'm also in the process of downloading Zenith.

Let's see how many of these things I can get through!

Holy ****! You haven't read any of those yet?

Yes. Yes you do.

Holy ****! You haven't read any of those yet?

Bits and pieces but never the whole thing.

I'm pretty sure most people here haven't read them. I'm just the only one that will admit it.

I'm pretty sure most people here haven't read them. I'm just the only one that will admit it.

I will admit it. I've read Swamp Thing from that list (and loved it) but that's it. I've read the first volume of Invisibles and didn't really get into it that much.

I tried Transmet and couldn't get into it. To me, it was just Warren Ellis trying really, really hard to be quirky.

I've not read Starman, but with Houde's hype from it, sounds like something to check out.

I have never read Swamp Thing.

Preacher's premise sounded meh and uninteresting to me, so don't feel like bothering with it.

Never read Transmetropolitan, The Invisibles, or Doom Patrol. I have seen people talking about them, just never read them. Heard good things.

Don't see what's to hide about not reading them. There's a lot of stuff I have not read. I just go slowly about checking everything I can out.

Last edited:
I've also now got all of Millar's Superman Adventures after reading the first digest. They're fun!

True. I guess I'm a little off, because I got back into comics through Transmet and Preacher rather than coming to it from superhero comics I grew up with.

Transmetropolitan is good. It's not Ellis' best, but it's consistently pretty good.

Preacher's great, but gets somewhat disappointing and heavy-handed towards the end.

I haven't read Vimanarama or Swamp Thing. Kill Your Boyfriend is Morrison writing a fairly un-Morrisonian book. It seems to be his style at the sort of journal-style indie comic. It was alright.

But Invisibles and Doom Patrol you've got to read. Both of them took me forever to finish. Tell me what you think when you start in on Zenith. I'm digging my way through it right now. It's really early stuff and you can see the rough edges, but it's fun. I think the five page serial is kind of a cool storytelling format.

But Invisibles and Doom Patrol you've got to read. Both of them took me forever to finish. Tell me what you think when you start in on Zenith. I'm digging my way through it right now. It's really early stuff and you can see the rough edges, but it's fun. I think the five page serial is kind of a cool storytelling format.

I've been downloading a lot of British comics lately, and I love their serial format.

I even downloaded some Grant Morrison Action Force (GI Joe) comics!

I've been downloading a lot of British comics lately, and I love their serial format.

I even downloaded some Grant Morrison Action Force (GI Joe) comics!

It makes me want to move to Britain and try to get work. I'm kind of hoping Wednesday Comics might lead to DC experimenting with a magazine format anthology. Although, I'd really like to see a Vertigo weekly anthology.

Oh, and Proj, Starman's great. I'm sure it's everything Houde told you.

Last edited:
Tons.

But right now, top of mind is Ex Machina. Is it still going or did it have a proper ending?

It's still going... slowly. It's up to it's final year right now but will probably still take a year and half to actually finish.

It's scheduled to end at #50.

Last edited:
Okay, I forgot Miracleman. Downloading now.

After that, I've read everything I need to.

I need to finish that.

It's still going... slowly. It's up to it's final year right now but will probably still take a year and half to actually finish.

It's scheduled to end at #50.

Whew! That's something I can strike off my trade pull.

How about 'Teenagers from Mars'?
It's a great read, and even has a 'Comic Book Liberation Army' in it's pages

check it out

I want to read Miracleman mostly so I can accuse people of only reading it for the boobie chessboard.

Back