Coming in October: "Ultimate Power".

ult spider fan said:
i looking forword to nighthawk saying thier all tools of the white man than nick fury walks out and smacks him

Actually. . .that'd be really funny.

Considering Supreme Power is Ultimate Squadron Supreme, in 616 the 616 universe travelled across dimensions to meat Squadron Supreme. So it's funny to have the Ultimate universe meet/crossover/tie-into the Ultimate Squadron Supreme.

Or... "Whatever".

I love Babylon 5 and Crusade, but every week it gets harder to like JMS. Amazing Spider-Man is awful. Bullet Points or whatever its called sounds inherently flawed. I just keep saying, "B5" to myself again and again.

But that's nothing...

BENDIS AND LOEB ON THE SAME TITLE?!​

Are they trying to kill me?!

Last edited:
E said:
Only reason I ask is because you said it was an Ultimate version of Squadron Supreme, and it really is. You really appreciate that after reading the original series.

Oh, I actually meant that it felt like reading an Ultimate Universe title, hehe... But yeah, I'm sure if will appreciate the difference.

Bass said:
I love Babylon 5 and Crusade, but every week it gets harder to like JMS. Amazing Spider-Man is awful. Bullet Points or whatever its called sounds inherently flawed. I just keep saying, "B5" to myself again and again.

But that's nothing...

BENDIS AND LOEB ON THE SAME TITLE?!​

Are they trying to kill me?!

ah go suck on a lemon lol

bendis, jms and loeb have done some excellent work in their careers (and on occasion sum not so great), but you can't tar them with the same brush forever. NO writer (or anyone really) is perfect and will certainly not make everyone happy in what they do.

Can't be anything but a winner! I will be one of the first to pick this one up!

Can't wait! Can't wait!

Ice said:
BKV is and does. :D

He doesn't make everyone happy. I wasn't the only one who thought Magnetic North was lacking...

ProjectX2 said:
He doesn't make everyone happy. I wasn't the only one who thought Magnetic North was lacking...

It was more than lacking, I never saw the appeal of it in the first place. Granted, I'm not a fan of X-lore, but I thought his Ultimizations weren't up to par, not very original, and not too much though put behind them.

Jackie Estacado said:
bendis, jms and loeb have done some excellent work in their careers (and on occasion sum not so great)

This is true. But there best was 4 years ago. They've yet to do anything in the last few years that hasn't been ****e.

In my opinion.

It's particularly disheartening for me, because I love JMS' B5 so much. :(

Bass said:
This is true. But there best was 4 years ago. They've yet to do anything in the last few years that hasn't been ****e.

In my opinion.

It's particularly disheartening for me, because I love JMS' B5 so much. :(

B5 was the bomb, on par with DS9 for my fave sci-fi epic shows :)

and i loved house of M and bendis's DD (all of it!!) but at the end of the day, everyone has diff tastes don't they. tbh i didnt think BKV's run on x-men was anything spectacular tho. loeb's superman and batman was a bit toss but i'm prepared to give him the beneft of the doubt when it comes to U3!

ProjectX2 said:

It was easily one of my favorite arcs in UXM. He made Magneto into a much smarter villain and it tied up a lot of stuff and left room for Kirkman to build great things off of.

What is Squadran Supreme?

I only read Ultimate titles, so I don't know anything about non-ultimate titles.

UltimateJedi said:
What is Squadran Supreme?

I only read Ultimate titles, so I don't know anything about non-ultimate titles.

Welcome!

Squadron Supreme - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squadron_Supreme
"New Squadron Supreme - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supreme_Power

Basically Squadron Supreme was Marvel's answer to the Justice League. It came out in the early-mid 80s. Recently it was brought back as Supreme Power, with things updated, which basically turned it into an Ultimate book. It was under the MAX imprint which meant it was for adult readers. They relaunched it last month as a Marvel Knights imprint and changed the name back to the original Squadron Supreme.

It's a very good series and worth checking out. It doesn't take place in the Ultimate universe, but the principle it was brought back under make as "Ultimate" as any Ultimate book.

There are 3 Supreme Power TPBs collecting 18 issues, and 3 minis dealig with individual characters, 2 of which are collected in TPB form this summer. Any bookstore should have all 3 volumes of SP.

A member here named Ricky wrote a very good review on the series that basically got me into it - search around and you might find it worth looking into.

Here are some news from Brian Michael Bendis at Pittsburgh Comic-Con 2006 about Ultimate Power and crossing over Ultimate with 616:

Brian Michael Bendis told fans he's excited about Ultimate Power, the event he's working on for release at the end of 2006 in which the Squadron Supreme and Ultimate comics crossover. The writer is creating the story with J. Michael Straczynski and Jeph Loeb, each writing three issues for the event. "Just about everybody who is anybody will show up in the book," Bendis said.

And to those who are afraid the combination of these two universes will eventually lead to a crossover between the Ultimate books and the regular Marvel universe? Bendis got scientific on the subject, pointing out the difference between dimensional jumping and jumping between whole universes, noting that Ultimate Power is being approached as a dimensional jump as opposed to a melding of universes. "In the Ultimate universe, there's already been a lot of dimensional stuff. And Squadron Supreme, it really is an Ultimate book already. If you look at it -- it's so good -- JMS does some awesome stuff in there -- but it's already the ultimate Squadron Supreme. So it does kind of fit very well into the dimensions that Mark was playing with, with the zombies for example.

"So there's no science there, if you look at it that way, for universe jumping, as far as melding the Ultimate universe and the '616' universe (as us nerds like to call it)," he explained. "And really, I mean, can you think of any story between the Ultimate universe and Marvel universe that needs to be told that wouldn't just be a disaster?"

I like how Bendis thinks that crossing over 616 and UU is inherently a "disaster", but crossing over other universes is totally fine.

As if the idea is inherently bad.

Ah, I hate Bendis and Loeb and this crossover will be an unbelievable disaster. Can you imagine? Three issues of characters talking incessantly, stuttering and stammering and telling everyone what they're doing as they do it, then going crazy and attacking each other for no reason, and then them being saved by some kind of godlike entity. Then, the next three issues, all with the same characters, will have them all having huge narrations told from each character's point of view that explain their motivations whilst they now talk in cliches and never stutter, and at the same time, continually fill in plot holes that are big enough to drive the Triskelion through, whilst having inconsequential fights that start and stop with no explanation or are horrifcally over-explained because they don't make sense. And then, the final three issues have characters no longer narrate nor stutter, but instead they continually explain every single motivation and offhand phrase they say as well as how their world works in case we can't understand, then tell us the meaning of the story relentlessly in case we missed it, then take the origins of the characters involved and take them to their logical extreme making them completely unrecognisable to us.

God, I'm so predictable.

But here's the fun part! Which writer am I *****ing about? Who is the first three issues? Who's the second? And who's the third?

You get a no-prize if you get all three right! :D

Bass said:
I like how Bendis thinks that crossing over 616 and UU is inherently a "disaster", but crossing over other universes is totally fine.

As if the idea is inherently bad.

Ah, I hate Bendis and Loeb and this crossover will be an unbelievable disaster. Can you imagine? Three issues of characters talking incessantly, stuttering and stammering and telling everyone what they're doing as they do it, then going crazy and attacking each other for no reason, and then them being saved by some kind of godlike entity. Then, the next three issues, all with the same characters, will have them all having huge narrations told from each character's point of view that explain their motivations whilst they now talk in cliches and never stutter, and at the same time, continually fill in plot holes that are big enough to drive the Triskelion through, whilst having inconsequential fights that start and stop with no explanation or are horrifcally over-explained because they don't make sense. And then, the final three issues have characters no longer narrate nor stutter, but instead they continually explain every single motivation and offhand phrase they say as well as how their world works in case we can't understand, then tell us the meaning of the story relentlessly in case we missed it, then take the origins of the characters involved and take them to their logical extreme making them completely unrecognisable to us.

God, I'm so predictable.

But here's the fun part! Which writer am I *****ing about? Who is the first three issues? Who's the second? And who's the third?

You get a no-prize if you get all three right! :D
Bendis, Loeb, and JMS, in that order?

Latest posts

Back