Coming in October: "Ultimate Power".

Stage 3 is not gonna happen. You seem to be over-reacting a little bit. The Supremeverse will seem to be a multiverse of the Ultimate Universe. These two universe are already similar in tones and what they "represent" (probably not the right word, but maybe you understand what I mean) of their counterparts. It will play out all just fine.

Last edited:
Stupid multiverse crap. It's not real. This doesn't make it in the same multiverse. DC and Marvel crossovered many times. Does that make them in the same.

thee great one said:
Stupid multiverse crap. It's not real.
Yes it is.

thee great one said:
This doesn't make it in the same multiverse.
They're not yet. They will be, most likely.

thee great one said:
DC and Marvel crossovered many times, does that make them in the same?
In the same multiverse? No. They're two different universes crossing together, as if 616 and Ultimate Universe crossed together. So what is your problem?

thee great one said:
Stupid multiverse crap. It's not real. This doesn't make it in the same multiverse. DC and Marvel crossovered many times. Does that make them in the same.

You're confusing the concept of Multiverses and the Omniverse.

A Universe is one universe where things happen. The Ultimate Universe, the Ultimate N-Zone, the Zombieverse, the Supremeverse, the 616-verse, etc.

Then we have a Multiverse. A Multiverse is a collection of universes that all share a space (And usually have something in common). The UU, the Ultimate N-Zone, the Zombieverse, and now the Supremeverse all share a Multiverse (We'll call it the Ultimate Multiverse). The DC Multiverse also exists, as well as the standard Marvel Multiverse.

The Omniverse is everything. Every Multiverse makes up the Omniverse. Two Multiverse can crossover (DC and Marvel, for example), but in the end it has little baring on anything because traveling to a different Multiverse is VERY difficult, and they are usually only used for Versus stories (Such as the Avengers vs the Justice League). Almost always, when two Multiverse crossover, it's out of continuity.

That clear up everything?

Lynx said:
You're confusing the concept of Multiverses and the Omniverse.

A Universe is one universe where things happen. The Ultimate Universe, the Ultimate N-Zone, the Zombieverse, the Supremeverse, the 616-verse, etc.

Then we have a Multiverse. A Multiverse is a collection of universes that all share a space (And usually have something in common). The UU, the Ultimate N-Zone, the Zombieverse, and now the Supremeverse all share a Multiverse (We'll call it the Ultimate Multiverse). The DC Multiverse also exists, as well as the standard Marvel Multiverse.

The Omniverse is everything. Every Multiverse makes up the Omniverse. Two Multiverse can crossover (DC and Marvel, for example), but in the end it has little baring on anything because traveling to a different Multiverse is VERY difficult, and they are usually only used for Versus stories (Such as the Avengers vs the Justice League). Almost always, when two Multiverse crossover, it's out of continuity.

That clear up everything?

I guess but the avengers/jla was metioned and had a whole arc built on of it in JLA.

Ice said:
In the same multiverse? No. They're two different universes crossing together, as if 616 and Ultimate Universe crossed together. So what is your problem?

But that could be the same with this....

And everyone has been *****ing that this means that 616 and UU are in the same universe.

thee great one said:

And everyone has been *****ing that this means that 616 and UU are in the same universe.
It's not.

And they're not. Lynx has given the good explanation.

thee great one said:

616 and the Ultimate Universe are not in the same multiverse as far as we know. It's never been mentioned, and Exiles has no real connection to either the Ultimate Unvierse or Supreme Power (Except maybe some picturesof familiar characters, which may or may not be the real Ultimate or Supremeverses). Nothing else to discuss about this.

thee great one said:
I guess but the avengers/jla was metioned and had a whole arc built on of it in JLA.

I didn't say it was impossible, just rare. Plus, the DC and Marvel Multiverses are a huge continuity mess anyways, so crossing over Multiverses isn't going to be as big of a deal for them.

In new Multiverses (Such as the Ultimate Multiverse), where continuity isn't as convoluted, it would be unlikely that they would have a Multiverse crossover. And they're not. The Ultimate Universe and the Supremeverse just share the same Multiverse now.

The Ultimate Universe and Supremeverse are pocket universes on their own. JMS has said that he is not comfortable with crossing over his SPverse into 616 and Joe Q has already told us that the time that the UU will cross with 616 will be the time that they have officially ran out of ideas for the Ultimate Universe.

Marvel still has great respect for the still (arguably) smooth and small continuity of the Ultimate Universe and that is what is keeping them from cramming to many ongoing series at once.

I hope the naysayers would keep an open mind and learn to trust the writers in this. The Supremeverse's inclusion would hardly have any impact at current UU continuity, and they also use the same realistic (yet more mature) approach to super heroes that made a lot of us fall in love with UU. In fact if you're gonna ***** about the UU getting more absurd, blame Millar for his kooky ideas (which I love by the way), and the fact that the Zombieverse looks like a corrupted version of 616 complete with all the camp and goofiness in that universe.

Let your *****ing continue once you've read it and thought it sucked.:D

Stop overreacting about goddamn universes.

I think this cross-over indicates that they are running out of ideas for the UU. There is so many directionst they can take into a cross-over with what's going on in the USM title alone, why not build off of that? I'm not interested in Power for this reason... There can't be big time significance to this story.

Josh said:
For anyone who still doesn't understand my argument, think about it like this:

You put your G.I. Joes in one box, your Transformers in another box, and all your other action figures in a third box, because, well, they're already mixed together anyway.

You've made it a special point to keep your G.I. Joes and Transformers separate, though, because they're special and you've always done it that way. But one day, you're just lazy and decide to put your G.I. Joes and Transformers together in one box.

How long is it gonna take until you're so lazy that you just put everything together in one box?

This development makes me fear the slippery slope. Stage 1: Ultimate Marvel is a universe unto itself. Stage 2: Ultimate Marvel is now mixing with another universe, but that's OK because that universe is still a unique universe unto itself. Stage 3: Oh, the heck with it, let's just mix all our universes together!

This crossover violates some of the very founding principles of the Ultimate universe. It pains me to see this happen.

You see, I took my Transformers out of the Transformer box, and my GI Joes out of my GI Joe Box, Put them on Harley-Davidson Motorcycle models and had them fight my 12" Sentinel.

You know why???

Because it was AWESOME.

(and then I put everything away in the right box, because I am a neat-freak)

Dr.Strangefate said:
You see, I took my Transformers out of the Transformer box, and my GI Joes out of my GI Joe Box, Put them on Harley-Davidson Motorcycle models and had them fight my 12" Sentinel.

You know why???

Because it was AWESOME.

(and then I put everything away in the right box, because I am a neat-freak)

Ditto, except replace GI Joes and Transformers with Ninja Turtles and Ghostbusters.

And that's how a crossover works. They all mix together for a little while, and they all go back where they came from at the end of the day (Except maybe one or two that get misplaced). They're not merging.

thee great one said:
Why are you rocking on? You're one who's over-reacting. :?

Goodwill said:
I think this cross-over indicates that they are running out of ideas for the UU. There is so many directionst they can take into a cross-over with what's going on in the USM title alone, why not build off of that? I'm not interested in Power for this reason... There can't be big time significance to this story.
I'd say that would be wrong. Running out of ideas? No. If that were the case, all books would be stale and dull and meaningless. For crossing over with a universe that shares the same "purpose" (for the lack of a better word) as the Ultimate Universe isn't something that means no more ideas have been thought up for the UU, but to explore how it's done with completely different characters that are not original or whatever. You say there can't be a big time significance to the story? How would you know? Do you know exactly what the crossover is going to be about, story-wise? No. No one does. So before you jump the shark and say that, let's wait and see first.

I had Transformers fight Dragonball Z when I was younger.

It was awesome.

I never ever ever mixed my action figures. It was the biggest pet peeve when my cousins took my WWF figures and wrestled with everything else. I never felt it was right. I like mythologies to have their boundaries which is probably why this sucks so badly.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I never ever ever mixed my action figures. It was the biggest pet peeve when my cousins took my WWF figures and wrestled with everything else. I never felt it was right. I like mythologies to have their boundaries which is probably why this sucks so badly.

Toy Story must have made you crazy then. :D

i'm looking forward to this but am approaching with the same feeling i have about the proposed hollywood remake of 'hard boiled' - sure it may have a good team behind it and i wouldn't mind seeing it to see how it turns out, but is it completely necessary? :wink:

Latest posts

Back