Coming in October: "Ultimate Power".

Well, it sounds cool, but I'm definitely skeptical. I can't help it, I'm an Ultimate Universe isolationist at heart :p. Though I do think the Marvel Zombies stuff with UFF was pretty cool.

ProjectX2 said:
When Nurhachi sees this he will orgasm. Twice.

I fail to see how it fits together. Sure, Supreme Power is like an ultimate version of the Justice League/Squadron Supreme. But it also contains enough power and maturity to kill an elephant. How does that fit into a mostly kid-friendly Ultimate Universe?
After it stopped being a MAX series named Supreme Power and started going under the name Squadron Supreme?

Supreme Power -is- Ultimate Squadron Supreme

I've been waiting for this to happen for a while now.

well thankfuly the crossover won't be interfering with the regular monthly titles which is what I feared would happen but it isn't so i'm fine with it then

TheManWithoutFear said:
I don't know what this means. I hope this isn't the 5th ongoing. What?

It's a mini. 9 issues. Which means it won't be the 5th ongoing.

This must be the crossover Queseda was taking about.

All I have to say is:

Thank God it isn't a 616 crossover!

To be honest, this works perfectly. Supreme Power is Ultimate Squadron Supreme. I love it.

the fact that the characters are going to be in ultimate stories means that they are adding it. sort of like marvel zombies. and i was just joking i don't really expect him to do that or think he should.

Last edited:
Can't say I'm too pumped about this. I'll read it out of my obsessive compulsive-ness for everything Ultimate nonetheless, but eh...:?

This is the worst friggin idea ever, the story's don't match up, dudes,

I mean

Nick Fury would have something to do with Hyperon, and the dude with the crystal inbeded in his hand.....wern't they both big time government,secret agent,CIA, cover up consperisies or something

It just won't make any rational sence to my unrational brain/imagination

There-for...... I'm totaly, 100% ticked about said cross-over, and am going to go throw something against the wall, outside my house, to prove it......

Preferibly something made of glass......

Last edited:
Frapalino said:
now DirishB is gonna have to read and order every issue of supreme to fit in with his timeline.

Well, Supreme Power isn't that bad.

Its not an integration, its a crossover. Most likely Reed playing about with the transporter from Crossover.

But here's the fun part.......

Ultimate Marvel Vs Ultimate DC

Vegetable-man said:
This is the worst friggin idea ever, the story's don't match up, dudes,

I mean

Nick Fury would have something to do with Hyperon, and the dude with the crystal inbeded in his hand.....wern't they both big time government,secret agent,CIA, cover up consperisies or something

It just won't make any rational sence to my unrational brain/imagination

There-for...... I'm totaly, 100% ticked about said cross-over, and am going to go throw something against the wall, outside my house, to prove it......

Preferibly something made of glass......

Uhhh... why wouldn't it be? This will be a universe/inter-dimensional crossover, not some lame attempt to fit them in the UU. Besides, the original Squadron Supreme also came from a parallel universe and met the Avengers.

I've read Supreme Power, and it's a very good series, but just in comic scans. Looks like with my obsessiveness to get everything that is related to UU, I'm going to get my hands on the SS/SP TPBs.

What I liked the most about the ultimate universe was that it was self contained. Same reason I don't really like ultimate FF, won't really enjoy this (probably).

I mean, I might enjoy some arcs or issues but I don't like what it does with the universe as a whole.

They are opening up the possibilities for crossovers with absolutely everything with what happens in ultimate fantastic four, bleh.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Supreme Power -is- Ultimate Squadron Supreme

I've been waiting for this to happen for a while now.

Exactly; a few of us have been saying for a while that Supreme Power *is* an Ultimate title.

Lynx said:
This must be the crossover Queseda was taking about.

All I have to say is:

Thank God it isn't a 616 crossover!

Amen.

You guys are getting your panties in a bunch over nothing. I'm not too thrilled that Bendis is doing it, but it's not a horrible idea. Sheesh.

Also...

Patriot Mk2 said:
Its not an integration, its a crossover.

cmdrjanjalani said:
Uhhh... why wouldn't it be? This will be a universe/inter-dimensional crossover, not some lame attempt to fit them in the UU.

Read it again carefully...

Starting in October, Ultimate Power, a nine-issue mini-series tying the Ultimate Universe into the Supremeverse (Squadron Supreme Universe) will be written by the superpower trinity of Brian Michael Bendis, J. Michael Straczynski, and Jeph Loeb.

The word "crossover" does not appear one single time in that release.

Latest posts

Back