Coming in October: "Ultimate Power".

Though I assume of course, this is the "crossover" Joe Q. was talking about, E is correct. And I am looking foward to this myself.

E said:
The word "crossover" does not appear one single time in that release.

Well they do site that they are two separate universes, and I don't think you really need to put the word in, but whatever. Like I've said before, I am looking forward to this. Not exactly comfortable with Bendis writing this since he has already admitted before that team books are not his forte, but Straczynski will not be leaving him alone so I am very optimistic about this.

I'm suprised by all the negativity of this.

People (Who like me) now need to collect the Supremeverse are not that behind.

There's three trades of Supreme Power, and one trade of Doctor Spectrum. Nighthawk and Hyperion trades should be comming out in the next few months.

To be honest, I started collecting Supreme Power with issue 5 because it felt Ultimate. Supreme Power is Ultimate Squadron Supreme. I think it's a fantastic idea, personally, to tie these two universes together. Supreme Power is to the Ultimate Universe as Squadron Supreme is to 616.

The only thing I'm ticked about is now I have to speed up my plan to transfer my single SP issues to trades. :lol:

But seriously, if your not collecting SP already, you're missing out on a great series. This just gives you insentive. :D

Last edited:
thee great one said:
If it is just a crossover than it rocks. If they add it to the universe then that sucks ***.

It has to be. To shoehorn the Squadron Supreme into the current Ultimate Universe wouldn't make sense. Plus, Joey Q said the Ultimate Universe was getting a crossover sometime later this year.

This has to be it.

Last edited:
Matthew said:
Sounds stupid...

I am against mixing Ultimate with ANYTHING else.

Ditto. I'm very apprehensive about this.

Dr_Draco said:
Well, it sounds cool, but I'm definitely skeptical. I can't help it, I'm an Ultimate Universe isolationist at heart :p. Though I do think the Marvel Zombies stuff with UFF was pretty cool.

Yeah, but Marvel Zombies was an original, alternate universe to the Ultimate universe, whereas the "Supremeverse" as they called it already has an established history. God, I am not happy about this.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I don't know what this means. I hope this isn't the 5th ongoing. What?

Why don't you people actually read the info that is offered?

Frapalino said:
now DirishB is gonna have to read and order every issue of supreme to fit in with his timeline.

No I won't. I only deal with the Ultimate universe (and its alternate Zombie reality in Marvel Zombies). The Supreme universe is totally separate. In my opinion, this would be like the Ultimate and 616 universes crossing over. I'll include the issues that tie into that story, but there's no way I'd add in the entire 616 compendium in addition. Same applies here.

the fact that the characters are going to be in ultimate stories means that they are adding it. sort of like marvel zombies. and i was just joking i don't really expect him to do that or think he should.

Ditto. ;)

E said:
Also...

Read it again carefully...

The word "crossover" does not appear one single time in that release.

Good point.

Awww, crap, this might mean I will have to integrate the Supreme Power titles into the Ultimate universe timeline...hmmmmm....

DIrishB said:
No I won't. I only deal with the Ultimate universe (and its alternate Zombie reality in Marvel Zombies). The Supreme universe is totally separate. In my opinion, this would be like the Ultimate and 616 universes crossing over. I'll include the issues that tie into that story, but there's no way I'd add in the entire 616 compendium in addition. Same applies here.

Like E said, Supreme Power already tehcnically was an Ultimate title. It is an update to the Squadron Supreme. Isn't that what the Ultimate Universe is all about? Updating Marvel characters to a contemporary setting? That's exactly what Supreme Power did. The titles fit.

Plus, it's not like the Supremeverse is very big at the moment. Supreme Power lasted 18 issues. And there's three 5-6 issue minis out at the moment. That's no more than 36 issues to catch up on.

Lynx said:
It has to be. To shoehorn the Squadron Supreme into the current Ultimate Universe wouldn't make sense. Plus, Joey Q said the Ultimate Universe was getting a crossover sometime later this year.

This has to be it.

I think the idea is they're tying the two universes together only as far as occupying the same multi-verse, but themselves occurring in different realities (like the N-Zone or the Zombie-verse compared to the Ultimate universe). We'll see how it turns out. I'm actually considering adding the Supreme Power books, but will wait until the series is released to get an idea of how it'll all work.

Lynx said:
Like E said, Supreme Power already tehcnically was an Ultimate title.

Technically it isn't an Ultimate title, but very much presented in the same way. Sorry, I'm a stickler. ;)

It is an update to the Squadron Supreme. Isn't that what the Ultimate Universe is all about? Updating Marvel characters to a contemporary setting? That's exactly what Supreme Power did. The titles fit.

Plus, it's not like the Supremeverse is very big at the moment. Supreme Power lasted 18 issues. And there's three 5-6 issue minis out at the moment. That's no more than 36 issues to catch up on.

Yeah, I just did some research on it and it caused me to change my mind about including it in the timeline. I'm going to wait until Ultimate Power actually ships before adding them (so not for another 6 months or so), but I was under the impression the Squadron Supreme (the older, classic version) would be integrated as well due to the way the description read:

Starting in October, Ultimate Power, a nine-issue mini-series tying the Ultimate Universe into the Supremeverse (Squadron Supreme Universe) will be written by the superpower trinity of Brian Michael Bendis, J. Michael Straczynski, and Jeph Loeb.

Are they referred to as the Squadron Supreme in the Supreme Power series as well? I was under the impression there wasn't really a team in that version anyway, just a fragile alliance between several of the characters.

DIrishB said:
I think the idea is they're tying the two universes together only as far as occupying the same multi-verse, but themselves occurring in different realities (like the N-Zone or the Zombie-verse compared to the Ultimate universe). We'll see how it turns out. I'm actually considering adding the Supreme Power books, but will wait until the series is released to get an idea of how it'll all work.

I think it would be a good fit. I don't want them to condence the two universe into one (Which I don't think they're doing. I think it was just a bad chocie of words), but a crossover would be great.

Technically it isn't an Ultimate title, but very much presented in the same way. Sorry, I'm a stickler. ;)

Neither is Marvel Zombies, which you added to the timeline. Yes, it was a spin-off, but it's still a different universe.

Yeah, I just did some research on it and it caused me to change my mind about including it in the timeline. I'm going to wait until Ultimate Power actually ships before adding them (so not for another 6 months or so), but I was under the impression the Squadron Supreme (the older, classic version) would be integrated as well due to the way the description read:

Are they referred to as the Squadron Supreme in the Supreme Power series as well? I was under the impression there wasn't really a team in that version anyway, just a fragile alliance between several of the characters.

There are now. Supreme Power has been relaunched under Marvel Knights, and is being called "Supreme Power: Squadron Supreme". They're a team now, and I'm almost positive that's what the solicitation was talking about.

The old SS and the new SS are two seperate entities, much like 616 and UU are different entities.

Last edited:
Lynx said:
I think it would be a good fit. I don't want them to condence the two universe into one (Which I don't think they're doing. I think it was just a bad chocie of words), but a crossover would be great.

I agree. I have no problem with them being a part of the same Multi-verse with the occasional crossover. I really am hoping the whole "tying the two universes together thing" really means only that, instead of actually integrating the SP universe into the Ultimate one. For one, why'd we never hear or see of them before now in the Ultimate titles, especially given the caliber of some of the fights and the ensuing destruction in Supreme Power.

Neither is Marvel Zombies, which you added to the timeline. Yes, it was a spin-off, but it's still a different universe.

That wasn't what I was saying. You said Supreme Power was technically an Ultimate title, I said "technically" really wasn't the appropriate term for it in that sense. Marvel Zombies sprung directly out of an Ultimate title, and will be tying into it again very soon. This can't be said for Supreme Power. Ultimate Power might rectify that, but as it stands now it isn't the same.

There are now. Supreme Power has been relaunched under Marvel Knights, and is being called "Supreme Power: Squadron Supreme". They're a team now, and I'm almost positive that's what the solicitation was talking about.

Ok, thats all I needed to know.

The old SS and the new SS are two seperate entities, much like 616 and UU are different entities.

I know, was just confused about the Squadron Supreme tag. Thanks for the info.

Matthew said:
Sounds stupid...

I am against mixing Ultimate with ANYTHING else.

I'm totally with you on this one... Bad idea. Sounds like Quesada is just starving to get more people interested in the UU.

Goodwill said:
I'm totally with you on this one... Bad idea. Sounds like Quesada is just starving to get more people interested in the UU.

Why? They're still top selling titles, and with Ultimates 2 currently on its way to wrapping up, I expect sales are still very strong, along with the other ongoings and mini-series.

Crossover

Those of you who play Games Workshop's WHFB may have recently learned that the new giant model has been added to a bunch of different armies as a dogs of war choice.

I found out yesterday. Today I hear this.

Normally, I'm pretty laid back about this stuff, but two in two days is too much. Both smack to me of marketing ploys trying their best to get more people to buy more merch.
Now, these are companies I respect who make products I enjoy. But both have had unglamorous ad campaigns of late. This month's WD looked like Hustler for plastic toys, and I guess now I know why there was a freakin' four-page promo RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of Ultimate Extinction #3. What did I learn in those pages? Enough to tell me I wasn't really interested, thanks, Ultimate or otherwise. When comics try too hard to be "mature," they're almost universally donkies.
(Howlin' Commandos got it right — an INTERESTING four page promo, in the BACK of the book, now there's an idea...)
I feel like Hawkeye complaining to the Widow in Ultimate Secret.
"It's all turned to garbage."
I'll just put it out of my mind and save my real anxiety for Ultimates 3.

This is interesting to me because if you look at the old Squadron Supreme, they are almost the same thing as the Liberators (was that the name) in Ultimates 2 right now. Both taking over the world and thinking they are justified because they are convinced they're making it a better place. So I'm interested to see how the Ultimates handle this.

E said:
This is interesting to me because if you look at the old Squadron Supreme, they are almost the same thing as the Liberators (was that the name) in Ultimates 2 right now. Both taking over the world and thinking they are justified because they are convinced they're making it a better place. So I'm interested to see how the Ultimates handle this.

Isn't that what most of the people that want to take over the world think?

Latest posts

Back