Coming in October: "Ultimate Power".

Also - didn't Squadron Supreme meet the Avengers? I know Captain America appeared in one of the SS issues...

This is a bad idea. The mere fact that the Ultimate Fans are at odds with one another arguing about how much continuity will be intact, itself is a bad omen. I think it's bull****. There's no reason Supreme Power should touch down with the Ultimate Universe. I don't care how "good" it is. It should stay completely seperate from everything just as the Ultimate Universe should.

TheManWithoutFear said:
This is a bad idea. The mere fact that the Ultimate Fans are at odds with one another arguing about how much continuity will be intact, itself is a bad omen.

That statement applies to the Ultimate universe as a whole, and I'd say at least half of the stories we've gotten have been above average to excellent.

I think it's bull****. There's no reason Supreme Power should touch down with the Ultimate Universe. I don't care how "good" it is. It should stay completely seperate from everything just as the Ultimate Universe should.

Considering it is its own version of an Ultimate take, I don't see a problem with it. Like I said, if it is kept as a separate multiverse I don't see any problems arising, but if they actually try to combine the Ultimate and Supreme universes into one reality, then there will be big time problems.

DIrishB said:
That wasn't what I was saying. You said Supreme Power was technically an Ultimate title, I said "technically" really wasn't the appropriate term for it in that sense. Marvel Zombies sprung directly out of an Ultimate title, and will be tying into it again very soon. This can't be said for Supreme Power. Ultimate Power might rectify that, but as it stands now it isn't the same.

Perhaps "technically" was the wrong word.

They share the same concept was the point I was trying to get across. Supreme Power already was an Ultimate title in spirit.

Considering it is its own version of an Ultimate take, I don't see a problem with it. Like I said, if it is kept as a separate multiverse I don't see any problems arising, but if they actually try to combine the Ultimate and Supreme universes into one reality, then there will be big time problems.

Agreed. SP and the UU should share the same multiverse. Combining them will be a mistake.

Last edited:
E said:
Also - didn't Squadron Supreme meet the Avengers? I know Captain America appeared in one of the SS issues...

Yes, they did.

This is just an "Ultimate" version of that story. Sounds great to me!

Ok i dont really like the Squadron Supreme. I love Supreme Power tho. (Straczynski's Supreme Power)

So if this is a whole new Squadron, i wouldnt be interested.

However if this is a crossover with Supreme Power, that places the actual Supreme Power in the Ultimate Multiverse......that would be the coolest thing ever. *orgasms....twice* then i would most definately pick it up

I hope thats the case. It looks like it with the Ultimate Power name and logo.

And then all you "Ultimate Completests" would be forced to get all the Supreme Power books :twisted: (which you should be anyways). And DiB would need to add it in his timeline :twisted:

Nurhachi said:
And then all you "Ultimate Completests" would be forced to get all the Supreme Power books :twisted: (which you should be anyways).
I'm still not buying it.

Last edited:
Nurhachi said:
And then all you "Ultimate Completests" would be forced to get all the Supreme Power books :twisted: (which you should be anyways). And DiB would need to add it in his timeline :twisted:

This isn't fair. Thanks Joe Q. You can't concentrate on a better Ultimate story within it's own limits instead you have to go and **** around with some bull**** crossover that we pyscho completeists have to go and search out all of the backstories. I wouldn't mind if there were only 3 trades but they're in the middle of 3 other minis aren't they?

TheManWithoutFear said:
This isn't fair. Thanks Joe Q. You can't concentrate on a better Ultimate story within it's own limits instead you have to go and **** around with some bull**** crossover that we pyscho completeists have to go and search out all of the backstories. I wouldn't mind if there were only 3 trades but they're in the middle of 3 other minis aren't they?

There are four trades out right now.

Supreme Power volumes 1-3 and Doctor Spectrum. The Hyperion and Nighthawk trades won't be seen until June and July. And the Supreme Power: Squadron Supreme vol 1 trade probably won't be out until the end of the year.

It isn't that big of a deal to catch up.

TheManWithoutFear said:
This isn't fair. Thanks Joe Q. You can't concentrate on a better Ultimate story within it's own limits instead you have to go and **** around with some bull**** crossover that we pyscho completeists have to go and search out all of the backstories.

Thats the point...its to make weirdo comic freak completists like you and I go out and buy the book...it just makes some sense though given the way Supreme Power is basically an Ultimate take on Squadron Supreme. Underhanded marketing ploy...sure. Doesn't mean it won't be a great story and benefit the Ultimate universe overall, though.

I wouldn't mind if there were only 3 trades but they're in the middle of 3 other minis aren't they?

Yes. So far, the Supreme Power series consists of:

Supreme Power #1-18 (which I believe is collected into 3 trades, six issues each)

Doctor Spectrum - Full Spectrum #1-6 (which may or may not be in trade form yet)

Supreme Power - Hyperion #1-5 (#5 is shipping I think next week...or did last week, on of the two...so the trade should be out in a few months)

Supreme Power - Nighthawk #1-6 (which also just finished and should be collected into trade soon)

And the second volume of the series, now titled Squadron Supreme instead of Supreme Power (they're using the original name for the title, but I don't think it'll have anything to do with the old 70's-present day 616 team as its set on an Earth much like our own) just started, first issue shipped just recently or will be...sorry, tough to keep track of it all.

So overall, you're looking at 6 trades worth of story...buy the first one, if you don't like it, then no big deal. If you do, works out well, and is that much more incentive to get the rest besides being a completist.

Ice said:
I'm still not buying it.

So that'll be the only Ultimate Title you dont get :p (i mean jeez, you got Ultimate Iron Man and Ultimate Marvel Team Up)

TheManWithoutFear said:

Dont worry MWOF, your gonna love the trades

Nurhachi said:
So that'll be the only Ultimate Title you dont get :p (i mean jeez, you got Ultimate Iron Man and Ultimate Marvel Team Up)
I never said I was an Ultimate Marvel completist. WHATEVER I pick it up, I keep getting it until it ends.

I don't really like the crossover idea, but if the story could work out nicely. Supreme Power is a great series and, as has already been pointed out, is basically an Ultimate Squadron Supreme and in effect DC. It could be good.
(Guess I didn't add much.)

Last edited:
Ice said:
I'm still not buying it.

Your stubborn refusal to buy this is baffling, especially considering some of the other books that you get or are unwilling to give up even though you admit they are bad.

DIrishB said:
Doctor Spectrum - Full Spectrum #1-6 (which may or may not be in trade form yet)

It is. I have it.

Also, I think you guys are jumping the gun. You are talking about SS being merged completely into the UU but we don't have any indication that is the case. And unless they do something that goes back in history for SS, anything that happens before the moment in which the two universes are combined (if that happens) is irrelevant.

E said:
Your stubborn refusal to buy this is baffling, especially considering some of the other books that you get or are unwilling to give up even though you admit they are bad.

I dont think it ,matters to him whether its good or bad. I think he's stubbornly refusing to buy it cuz everyones trying to pressure him into buying it. gar. You should go read it at Borders or a library or something.

E said:

Nurhachi said:
I dont think it ,matters to him whether its good or bad. I think he's stubbornly refusing to buy it cuz everyones trying to pressure him into buying it. gar. You should go read it at Borders or a library or something.
And the stubborn refusal from you guys to drop this is worse. I DON'T WANT IT. DROP IT ALREADY. I've said countless of times. I even told Nurhachi last night. I don't want to get SP or SS because I HAVE checked out previews, and it doesn't make me want to get it. Not saying it's terrible or whatever, but doesn't make me want to collect the series.

Latest posts

Back