Complete Calvin & Hobbes

E

Excelsior Club
0740748475.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I nearly swallowed my tongue when I saw this...absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to get this.

Calvin & Hobbes is the greatest comic strip of all time. Even better than Krazy Kat. And I really like Krazy Kat.

I've been waiting a loooooooong time for this. Anyone else picking it up?

Link to Amazon.com.

Who/what the hell is Krazy Kat?

Anyways, I loved their comic. Hated it when they stopped printing it.

How much is that? I may get it.

UltimateE said:
0740748475.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I nearly swallowed my tongue when I saw this...absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to get this.

Calvin & Hobbes is the greatest comic strip of all time. Even better than Krazy Kat. And I really like Krazy Kat.

I've been waiting a loooooooong time for this. Anyone else picking it up?

Link to Amazon.com.

I just might. God, I love how companies are relasing these uber-collections now, being a completist and all.

icemastertron said:
$94.50?!

Um....I dont know when I'll get it now... :?

Worth. Every. Penny.

And Ice - I highly recommend picking up some Krazy Kat collections. You can usually find them very reasonably priced in bookstores for around $10.

UltimateE said:
Worth. Every. Penny.
I know they'll be, but I dont know when I'll have enough cash to get it.

UltimateE said:
And Ice - I highly recommend picking up some Krazy Kat collections. You can usually find them very reasonably priced in bookstores for around $10.
Next time I'm at the mall, I'll take a gander in the bookstore.

The Return of Stupdendous Man!

I am considering buying these even though i have most of the material already from the collections(love my avatar?)....

As for krazy kat, most fans know that this comic strip is what heavily inspired calvin and hobbes along with peanuts.

Last edited:
I love Calvin and Hobbes. The only problem is that I own most of the single books and read the ones I don't have...

icemastertron said:
Anyways, I loved their comic. Hated it when they stopped printing it.
If I'm not mistaken Watterson retired precisely because he didn't want to wear out the quality of Calvin & Hobbes.

DIrishB said:
nah, its just cuz he's a lazy bastard, same reason Millar and Hitch aren't doing Ultimates 3...I mean, whatever happened to beating a dead horse, people?
That could well be the truth. :lol:

See how awesome is that. I don't have any of the books. Perfect gift for Christmas to me!

DIrishB said:
nah, its just cuz he's a lazy bastard, same reason Millar and Hitch aren't doing Ultimates 3...I mean, whatever happened to beating a dead horse, people?
People stopped beating the dead horse and started ****ing it. Just ask Bass, he knows what I'm talking about.

Got mine today after delivery was delayed a few days. :evil:

Anyone that has the cash to spare should check this out...it's amazing. Everything is in chronological order, except where Sunday strips would break up a story, in which case they are moved to just before or just after the story. Dates are all included, and Sunday strips are in full color. Magnificent.

The only thing is that I wish they would have included all the bonus material from the treasuries.

Calvin and Hobbes is superb. And that, my fellow forumites, is a FUZZY FACT.

Yet, I have not the monetary resources to purchase this collection:(

DIrishB said:
Gotta admit its very refreshing to see people take this approach, as opposed to milking their respective franchises for all they're worth.
Interesting you say that as Watterson was also very opposed to the fact that signing up with comic syndicates immediately allows them to merchandise your characters, and he frequently prevented the production of Calvin & Hobbes merchandise, with the exception of a few calendars.

Why do you think there are no Hobbes plushies? Those Calvin pissing stickers you see and the T-shirts? They're all bootlegs.

I'm going to trick my mum into buying this.

Latest posts

Back