Cup of Joe: The Discussion thread.

Re: New Joe Fridays: The Discussion thread.

Joe's response about Wolverine: Origins was such a joke

he might aswell have stuffed his thumb's in his ears and screamed "LALALAH! I'M NOT LISTENING! LALALAH!"

Joey Q said:
Ramon Bachs will be the guest penciler for issues #36 & 37, leading up to the Sensational Spider-Man Annual by Matt Fraction and Salvador Larocca. Here's some gorgeous art from the annual, which is on-sale in May, along with some art from a flashback scene.

Damnit, now I have to get that.

SENSMANN001001_col2.jpg

Intresting that we get to see MJ and Peter in the Black Costume, but he mentions a Flashback Scene. Now the last page, the one with Gwen under this, is deffinatly a flashback but is this?

SENSMANN001005_col.jpg

Yeah, saw that. Love the art.

But I guess that probably must be. I mean, isn't that Harry? And is MJ about to faint?

Last edited:

Yeah, saw that. Love the art.

But I guess that probably must be. I mean, isn't that Harry? And is MJ about to faint?

Yeah, I'm just wondering if all the art is from the flashback or only the last page.

Yeah, I'm just wondering if all the art is from the flashback or only the last page.

Well, JQ says "gorgeous art from the annual along with some art from a flashback scene", so that means not everything is from a flashback scene. I think it's pretty clear that the last page is a flashback, the first one isn't.

Oh, good, hopefully MJ being around with black-suit Peter is a real event. I'm really getting worried for her, especially now with her lack of mention in FNSM. :(

Heh, I didn't even realize Jessica's and Cage's baby didn't have a name yet. Didn't Franklin Richards go awhile without a name?

Sensational Spider-Man Annual now? They're everywhere, these things!

Besides, what's to say that next year we won't have an idea even bigger and cooler than Civil War that adds even more layers to what is currently happening?

You never know and that's the beauty of the Marvel Universe.
Yeah, I'm sure all that money is really beautiful. :/ These crossovers are really beyond tiring.

Last edited:

is the link for the new NJF not working for anyone else?

Even though it's not working, I can still tell you what it says:

JQ: We have an ultra-cool, super awesomely rad huge mega event coming. Oops, I've already said too much. I can't give you any more details, but trust, me, it will be huge and so cool, it will blow your brains out.

Even though it's not working, I can still tell you what it says:

JQ: We have an ultra-cool, super awesomely rad huge mega event coming. Oops, I've already said too much. I can't give you any more details, but trust, me, it will be huge and so cool, it will blow your brains out.

NRAMA: You've said in the past that now that you've gone past your "big events," that you won't have so many tie in issues to these latest ones. How many do you think there'll be for this upcoming event?

JQ: 1,496,872. And those are only the ones written by Loeb.

Okay, so it's not technically in the Joe Friday's column, but it's from Newsarama the same day, so whatever.

They're doing an Avengers Classic book.

So, reprints with new back-ups. This makes four ongoing Avnegers books. Seems a bit much to me.

I do support reprint books, however. But I wonder if they'll be edited at all to fit a page count. Some of those early Avengers issues had wacky page counts.

And will the back-ups ever be collected?

I'll read the article now. . .

So it looks like all the current Spider-Man writers and artists will be gone after One More Day. What the heck is that about?

Also, do we really need Joe Casey retelling old Iron Man stories? And how can Eric Canete be a "superstar-in-the-making" when he's already been doing comics for at least a decade? I remember him on Joe Casey's Mr. Majestic series.

Also, looks like I'm dropping She-Hulk after 21 when Slott leaves.

So it looks like all the current Spider-Man writers and artists will be gone after One More Day. What the heck is that about?

Also, do we really need Joe Casey retelling old Iron Man stories? And how can Eric Canete be a "superstar-in-the-making" when he's already been doing comics for at least a decade? I remember him on Joe Casey's Mr. Majestic series.

Also, looks like I'm dropping She-Hulk after 21 when Slott leaves.

Come on man, half of Young Guns 2 have been around forever.

And I started a spec thread on new Spider-Teams HERE

Latest posts

Back