DC Animated Movie Universe - Timeline

None of the Tomorrowverse films have a timeline reference. It's just assumed that it's the years of release when there's no timeline references.

Timeline References > Production Order > Year of release

There is nothing connecting Legion of Super-Heroes to Green Lantern: Beware my Power, so there's no reason to place it in the same year.

Last edited:
Warworld picks up a few months after the ending of Legion Of Superheroes due to Martian Manhunter stating: "Bruce. Diana. Yes, those are your true names. And I know you well, for I've lived inside your minds for months now, helping create the illusions you've lived." And "After months of searching, I found a back door in the system."

So no cameos from well known universes in the trailer. I'm def. worried this will just be a generic movie that's self contained. It has SO much potential.
Again, though this is unconfirmed, I feel like the Tomorrowverse is a timeline where some DCAMU events still occurred but certain things are replaced in the new timeline - like Iris West being a different ethnicity now or Darkseid and Trigon being not present since they perished outside of time and space in the previous timeline.

Or blanks are just filled in. I dunno if we saw Clark's early years as Superman much in the old timeline. I think they avoided actual dates for a reason.

Last edited:
Not sure where else to post this so I figured I'd post here.

I think the following DC animations could theoretically take place in the same universe and be in the same continuity...

- Max Fleischer's Superman (1940s)
- Justice League: The New Frontier (1950s)
- The Dark Knight Returns (1980s)

Thoughts?

I think the following DC animations could theoretically take place in the same universe and be in the same continuity...

Thoughts?
tdkr takes place the year the comic was originally released as that was the comic's setting

tdkr takes place the year the comic was originally released as that was the comic's setting
Correct.

Bruce is 55 in that film so that means his adventures as a 20 something Batman would have taken place in the 50s, when The New Frontier is set. I think it works. Superman's design is also the same and he doesn't age like humans so that works too.

Thoughts?
My Adventures with Superman's multiverse episodes confirm that Max Fleischer's Superman takes place on Earth-Prime (Earth-0).

Not the same "Earth-Prime" mentioned in Crisis on Two Earths, that seems to be the Earth-33 interpretation of that term.

Latest posts

Back