DC Animated Movie Universe - Timeline

Here's a fun fact that helps with my head canon continuity. There are indeed more subtle connections between these supposed "stand-alone" flicks than one may think upon first glance.

Superman Vs The Elite contains two references to Justice League: Doom.

The monitor room in The Elite's headquarters show pre-recorded scenes from "Justice League: Doom", namely the bound and gagged police officers being rescued by The Flash.

1705677168523.png
1705677185676.png
Ace of The Royal Flush Gang can be seen on one of the monitors in the Fortress Of Solitude. It appears to be the same design used in "Justice League: Doom".

1705677240498.png
1705677254638.png

Here's a fun fact that helps with my head canon continuity. There are indeed more subtle connections between these supposed "stand-alone" flicks than one may think upon first glance.

Superman Vs The Elite contains two references to Justice League: Doom.

The monitor room in The Elite's headquarters show pre-recorded scenes from "Justice League: Doom", namely the bound and gagged police officers being rescued by The Flash.

View attachment 1646
View attachment 1647
Ace of The Royal Flush Gang can be seen on one of the monitors in the Fortress Of Solitude. It appears to be the same design used in "Justice League: Doom".

View attachment 1648
View attachment 1649
Ah, I feel comfortable placing "vs. The Elite" as part of the Justice League Duology canon then honestly.

I guess lump that as another Earth like Batman/Superman: Super Sons.
Well, in my head canon continuity, I have it as part of the DCAMU Tuckerverse. It's a prequel to JL: War. Remember, I have multiple timelines in my viewing order. They go like this:

- Earth Prime (The OG Earth. Includes New Frontier, Soul Of The Dragon and TDKR - gets wiped out by Nuclear disaster most likely)
- Earth-1 (Includes GL: First Flight, Batman: Year One, Wonder Woman, etc. - gets reset in Flashpoint Paradox)
- Earth-1 (Newly created, post-Flashpoint timeline - "Tuckerverse" Includes Gotham Knight, Emerald Knights and all New-52 inspired features)
- Earth-1 (Newly created, post Apokilips War timeline - "Tomorrowverse" - The current DCAU line of films)

Last edited:
How many connections can you make actually? I know that there's shared theme music between The Elite and Doomsday, at least I recall it.

How many connections can you make actually? I know that there's shared theme music between The Elite and Doomsday, at least I recall it.
Actually yes. The reason I believe Batman: Gotham Knight isn't Nolanverse (too many differences IMO), but is in fact DCAMU is the following:

Jim Gordon's design in "Son Of Batman" is the same as in "Batman: Gotham Knight - Deadshot" with one difference: he now has grey temples, signifying a passage of time.

1705689348081.png
1705689400086.png

Killer Croc also states his tail is new. He didn't have the tail in Gotham Knight.

Now, in Apokolips War, the Green Lantern Corp are the same character models as in Emerald Knights and First Flight. I personally have Emerald Knights in my timeline as part of this universe, but you can use First Flight if you so choose.

1705689590861.png
1705689612802.png

Arisia Rrab can be seen in this shot after she was killed. If Emerald Knights is seen first, that adds a lot of weight to her death here.

1705689716196.png
Green Lanterns Galius Zed, Palaqua, and Salakk all perished in "Green Lantern: Emerald Knights" and yet seemingly appear in this film as corpses recently killed by Darkseid. While this could be seen as a continuity error, an argument could be made that these Lantern's just happen to be the same species as those seen in the previous film. For instance, Cundiff Cood is also a Noc'sagian Green Lantern in the comics and could be the Noc'sagian that appears in this film. This theory is further backed by the Noc'sagian that appears in "Green Lantern: Emerald Knights" after it's shown that Galius Zed was killed already. The Slyggian who resembles Salakk could very well be Smithwick, who in the comics was a Yellow Lantern. Palaqua's race has yet to be identified, but the same rule applies.

Injustice also plays that theme when Earth-1 Superman arrives. I say it's the same Superman for that very reason.

Aren't there shorts set in the DCAMU/Tomorrowverse too?
DC Showcase: Catwoman is a sequel to Batman: Year One.

DC Showcase: Green Arrow is set in its own universe, although similar events occurred in the Young Justice universe.

DC Showcase: Sgt. Rock is assumed to be part of the DC Animated Movie Universe per official word (though it wasn't discussed).

DC Showcase: Death is assumed to be part of the DC Animated Movie Universe per official word (though it wasn't discussed).

DC Showcase: Adam Strange is confirmed to be part of the DC Animated Movie Universe and connects to Green Lantern: Beware My Power.

DC Showcase: Kamandi: The Last Boy on Earth! is confirmed to be part of the DC Animated Movie Universe and connects to Justice Society: World War II.

DC Showcase: Blue Beetle is confirmed to be set on Earth-4 of the DC Animated Multiverse and connects to Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part One.

DC Showcase: Constantine: House of Mystery is a sequel to Justice League Dark: Apokolips War and connects to Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part One.

DC Showcase: Catwoman is a sequel to Batman: Year One.

DC Showcase: Green Arrow is set in its own universe, although similar events occurred in the Young Justice universe.

DC Showcase: Sgt. Rock is assumed to be part of the DC Animated Multiverse per official word (though it wasn't discussed).

DC Showcase: Death is assumed to be part of the DC Animated Multiverse per official word (though it wasn't discussed).

DC Showcase: Adam Strange is confirmed to be part of the DC Animated Multiverse and connects to Green Lantern: Beware My Power.

DC Showcase: Kamandi: The Last Boy on Earth! is confirmed to be part of the DC Animated Multiverse and connects to Justice Society: World War II.

DC Showcase: Blue Beetle is confirmed to be set on Earth-4 of the DC Animated Multiverse and connects to Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part One.

DC Showcase: Constantine: House of Mystery is a sequel to Justice League Dark: Apokolips War and connects to Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part One.
There's also Spectre, Jonah Hex and Superman/Shazam you didn't bring up.

Ah, I feel comfortable placing "vs. The Elite" as part of the Justice League Duology canon then honestly.
2010 - Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths
2011 - Justice League: Doom
2012 - Superman vs The Elite

Feels weird, but I guess that's official canon. If you count the use of share music then I suppose Superman: Doomsday is the start of that timeline. That was used again in Injustice though.

Latest posts

Back