DC Extended Universe / DC Universe - Timeline

Here's another video that is 1000% honest and fact-checking in loo of the "Wonder Woman 3" / Gal Gadot rumor mill.

TL;DW - Variety also previous said Battinson was gonna be DCU and James Gunn shut them down. Don't trust even a major trade about DC "sources".

I guess this is the "Man of Steel" of the DCU in the sense that it's the 'first' one of this timeline/iteration?
I'm very curious what changes going forward.

I guess this is the "Man of Steel" of the DCU in the sense that it's the 'first' one of this timeline/iteration?

Works for me. If there's any problems with that though, we can always say Blue Beatle is Pre-Flashpoint and that the character lives on in the DCU.

I think the references will be mostly homages (like the flight scene), not exactly references to the events of the film

At this point, what I think happens with Blue Beetle is that it doesn't take place neither in the DCEU or the DCU, but it's an independent universe to both and through the events of The Flash (where we see two universes can 'merge' into one timeline) that's how Xolo Maridueña will stay as Blue Beetle on the DCU and passing through similar events, but the DCU version will not be the same as the film's version (the same goes for every actor/actress who goes from DECU to DCU)

having seen the movie, the only references to anything is reference to a "superman of metropolis" and a "flash of central city", as well as batman being a fascist

EDIT: the opening credits have a newspaper montage, i didn't notice any dates but i definitely could have missed something

it feels to me like the universe is being treated like the x-men, ie the dceu happened in the original timeline and after the timeline is altered with flashpoint it was reset so that anything can be considered canon from the past (the Suicide squad, peacemaker) and anything else not (man of steel) and i truly can't rationalize clooney's reappearance at the end of the flash unless they just recast and either don't address it at all or acknowledge it as a gag and nothing more -or- we discover that Barry is now stuck on earth-97 or just some other alternate timeline, even with blue beetle's flash reference it could be wally he's referencing as the protector of central city

Last edited:
having seen the movie, the only references to anything is reference to a "superman of metropolis" and a "flash of central city", as well as batman being a fascist

EDIT: the opening credits have a newspaper montage, i didn't notice any dates but i definitely could have missed something

it feels to me like the universe is being treated like the x-men, ie the dceu happened in the original timeline and after the timeline is altered with flashpoint it was reset so that anything can be considered canon from the past (the Suicide squad, peacemaker) and anything else not (man of steel) and i truly can't rationalize clooney's reappearance at the end of the flash unless they just recast and either don't address it at all or acknowledge it as a gag and nothing more -or- we discover that Barry is now stuck on earth-97 or just some other alternate timeline, even with blue beetle's flash reference it could be wally he's referencing as the protector of central city
It's possible the film is set before The Flash too. The MCU hasn't been releasing chronologically for years.

Latest posts

Back