DC Extended Universe / DC Universe - Timeline

Having spoken with A Bit of Everything, it seems the date at the end could potentially be June 7th. With this in mind, I believe the events of Blue Beetle and Aquaman 2 may unfold something like this:
  • December 2022: Aquaman 2 beginning
  • Early May 2023 (possibly the weekend of May 5-7): Jaime graduates college
  • Mid-late May 2023: Main events of Blue Beetle and Aquaman 2
  • June 7, 2023: Aquaman 2 end
Colleges hold graduation no earlier than early May from what I've seen, and there seems to be at least some distance between graduation and the events of Blue Beetle. There also seems to be some distance between the main events and ending of Aquaman 2 on June 7th. Thus, the events of both movies can rest around mid-late May.
I dunno where you got the "7" from. That is 기 between "6" and the Korean word for "month" in that newcast moment.

기 = group

what about a jan 2022 start date (4 years after 2018), 5 months later is june 2022
There's really no benefit to that over December 2022 -> May-June 2023 in my opinion. December 2022 is also four years after 2018.

I dunno where you got the "7" from. That is 기 between "6" and the Korean word for "month" in that newcast moment.

기 = group
A Bit of Everything said that the date looked like June 7th but this explanation makes sense. In that case, the ending could really be anytime in June, which is helpful in that it allows more time to elapse between the main events and the ending.
Maybe something like this, then?
  • December 2022: Aquaman 2 beginning
  • Early May 2023 (possibly the weekend of May 5-7): Jaime graduates college
  • Late May-Early June 2023: Main events of Blue Beetle and Aquaman 2
  • Late June 2023: Aquaman 2 end

What are thoughts here, do Blue Beetle and Aquaman 2 take place on the Post-Flashpoint Earth? Or only Blue Beetle/Aquaman? Or are they in the original DCEU Earth-1, that now just hasn't got a Flash anymore (though Flash was mentioned in Blue Beetle, so maybe that's the Post Flashpoint Earth)? I'm hella confused right now

What are thoughts here, do Blue Beetle and Aquaman 2 take place on the Post-Flashpoint Earth? Or only Blue Beetle/Aquaman? Or are they in the original DCEU Earth-1, that now just hasn't got a Flash anymore (though Flash was mentioned in Blue Beetle, so maybe that's the Post Flashpoint Earth)? I'm hella confused right now
I don't know because they haven't outright confirmed what the ending of The Flash entails going forward.

By "they" I mean DC and James Gunn. They have final say on that matter. Not Hollywood Reporter, Variety or Deadline.

i think we're safe with what we have here, gunn has mentioned that blue beetle and aquaman happen after the "reset" seen in flash but clearly he also considers them to be pre-dcu so my guess is that starting with superman legacy it will be an entirely new earth

"I think that we've gotten lucky with the next four movies because we have Shazam, which leads into Flash, which resets everything, which then goes into Blue Beetle, which is totally disconnected (from everything that came before) and can be a part of the DCU, which goes into Aquaman, which leads into Superman: Legacy, our first big project," he explains. "But the one thing that we can promise is that everything from our first project forward will be canon and will be connected. We're using some actors from the past, we're not using other actors from the past, but everything from that moment forward will be connected and consistent."

"I think that we've gotten lucky with the next four movies because we have Shazam, which leads into Flash, which resets everything, which then goes into Blue Beetle, which is totally disconnected (from everything that came before) and can be a part of the DCU, which goes into Aquaman, which leads into Superman: Legacy, our first big project," he explains. "But the one thing that we can promise is that everything from our first project forward will be canon and will be connected. We're using some actors from the past, we're not using other actors from the past, but everything from that moment forward will be connected and consistent."
Okay.

(Earth-??)
Man of Steel
Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Suicide Squad
Wonder Woman
Zack Snyder's Justice League
Shazam

(Post-Crisis Earth-1)
Most of the prior films' events still occurred
Aquaman
Birds of Prey
Wonder Woman 1984
The Suicide Squad

Peacemaker: Season 1
Black Adam
Shazam: Fury of the Gods

The Flash

(Post-Flashpoint Earth-1)
Unknown and select events from prior films might remain canon(???)
Blue Beetle
Creature Commandos: Season 1
Superman: Legacy
Waller: Season 1
The Brave and the Bold
Peacemaker: Season 2
Swamp Thing
Arkham: Season 1
Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow
Paradise Lost: Season 1
The Authority
Booster Gold: Season 1
Lanterns: Season 1

(Post-Flashpoint Earth-??) <--- SPLIT from New Earth-1 as a result of Flashpoint
Elements of Man of Steel, Batman v. Superman, Suicide Squad, Zack Snyder's Justice League, Aquaman, etc occurred;
Bruce Wayne was born earlier and resembled George Clooney
(who had his Earth-97 Batman's history swapped/merged into Earth-89's Batman history on a separate post-Flashpoint Earth)
The Flash (ending)
Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom

Last edited:
I almost feel like the Flashpoint stuff splits off into a separate parallel world.

...........[Reset Timeline]
...............\\\\\^///////
[Earth-89] [Earth-1] [Earth-97]
[--Flashpoint--] [--Flashpoint--]
.......................^
.....[2004 Tomato Incident]

(Post-Flashpoint Earth-??) <--- SPLIT from New Earth-1 as a result of Flashpoint
Elements of Man of Steel, Batman v. Superman, Suicide Squad, Zack Snyder's Justice League and Aquaman occurred;
Bruce Wayne was born earlier and resembled George Clooney
(who had his Earth-97 Batman's history swapped/merged into Earth-89's Batman history on a separate post-Flashpoint Earth)
The Flash (ending)
Wouldn't Blue Beetle also be set on this earth?

I'm super confused.
Earth-DCEU - DC Extended Universe (Pre-Crisis)
Wonder Woman
Wonder Woman 1984
Man of Steel
Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice: Ultimate Edition
Suicide Squad: Extended Cut
Aquaman
Shazam!
Arrow 8x09, "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part 4"

Earth-1 - DC Extended Universe (Post-Crisis/Pre-Flashpoint)
Wonder Woman
Wonder Woman 1984
Man of Steel
Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice: Ultimate Edition
Suicide Squad: Extended Cut
Aquaman
Shazam!
Birds of Prey
The Suicide Squad
Peacemaker 1x01-1x08
Black Adam
Shazam: Fury of the Gods
The Flash (start)

Earth-FP - Flashpoint (Earth-1/Earth-89 Entanglement)
The Flash (middle)

Earth-FP - Flashpoint (Earth-1/Earth-97 Entanglement)
The Flash (End)
Blue Beatle

Earth-1 - DC Universe (Post-Flashpoint)
Creature Commandos 1x01-1x08
Superman: Legacy

Latest posts

Back