DC Extended Universe / DC Universe - Timeline

I almost feel like the Flashpoint stuff splits off into a separate parallel world.

...........[Reset Timeline]
...............\\\\\^///////
[Earth-89] [Earth-1] [Earth-97]
[--Flashpoint--] [--Flashpoint--]
.......................^
.....[2004 Tomato Incident]
I don't understand that "graphic"

"2004 Tomato Incident" lol

What else do you want me to call Barry's changes in 2004? It's just the plot of The Flash visualised with fan-attributed logic to explain continuity.

1. Barry changes time in 2004.

2. Creates a Flashpoint reality that splices Earth-1 and Earth-89.

3. Barry changes time in 2004 again.

4. Changes the Flashpoint timeline into a mix of Earth-1 and Earth-97. This is where Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom must occur.

5. Because it's the linking reality, Earth-1 is specifically changed into the DCU and Earth-89 is let go.

What else do you want me to call Barry's changes in 2004? It's just the plot of The Flash visualised with fan-attributed logic to explain continuity.

1. Barry changes time in 2004.

2. Creates a Flashpoint reality that splices Earth-1 and Earth-89.

3. Barry changes time in 2004 again.

4. Changes the Flashpoint timeline into a mix of Earth-1 and Earth-97. This is where Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom must occur.

5. Because it's the linking reality, Earth-1 is specifically changed into the DCU and Earth-89 is let go.
Don't get mad, I understand that, it is just that the name seems funny to me

What I understand you are all trying to say is

Post-Crisis/Pre-Flashpoint Multiverse
Earth-1 - DCEU
Earth-789 - Burtonverse & Donnerverse
Earth- 97 - Schumacherverse
Earth-?? - (Batman has DCU Batman actor face)
(More Earths)

Flashpoint Multiverse
Earth-1 - (Mix of Pre-Flashpoint Earth-1 and Earth-789, possibly even more Earths)
Earth-789 - Donnerverse (Earth-789 extirpated of its Batman elements, that have been transferred to Earth-1)
(More Earths, probably also mixed)

Post-Flashpoint Multiverse
Earth-1 (?) - (Mix of Pre-Flashpoint Earth-1 and Earth-97, possibly even more Earths)
Earth-?? - DCU (Mix of Pre-Flashpoint Earth-1 and Earth-??)
Earth-??(2) - (Batman has Ben Affleck's face)
(More Earths)

Last edited:
Okay.

(Earth-??)
Man of Steel
Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Suicide Squad
Wonder Woman
Zack Snyder's Justice League
Shazam

(Post-Crisis Earth-1)
Aquaman
Birds of Prey
Wonder Woman 1984
The Suicide Squad

Peacemaker: Season 1
Black Adam
Shazam: Fury of the Gods

The Flash

(Post-Flashpoint Earth-1)
Unknown and select events from prior films might remain canon(???)
Blue Beetle
Creature Commandos: Season 1
Superman: Legacy
Waller: Season 1
The Brave and the Bold
Peacemaker: Season 2
Swamp Thing
Arkham: Season 1
Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow
Paradise Lost: Season 1
The Authority
Booster Gold: Season 1
Lanterns: Season 1

(Post-Flashpoint Earth-??) <--- SPLIT from New Earth-1 as a result of Flashpoint
Elements of Man of Steel, Batman v. Superman, Suicide Squad, Zack Snyder's Justice League and Aquaman occurred;
Bruce Wayne was born earlier and resembled George Clooney
(who had his Earth-97 Batman's history swapped/merged into Earth-89's Batman history on a separate post-Flashpoint Earth)
The Flash (ending)
Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom
100 percent agree with this personally except i place josstice league pre-crisis and post-crisis is zsjl

Don't get mad, I understand that, it is just that the name seems funny to me
Yeah, no, it's fine, I'm not mad or anything. I just genuinely don't know a short appropriate name to describe Barry moving potatoes. Blame The Flash for having a pretty ridiculous plot, I guess.

???

Why "must"?
1. The assumption is that the DCU isn't the new Earth-1.
2. Because it takes place after The Flash but is not set in the DCU, thus takes place in the DCEU Clooney-Verse.

Since instead of returning to Ben Affleck's face, Batman goes to George Clooney's face, and some actors are going to be kept in the DCU from the DCEU I assume that it is implied that any character whose actor changes has just changed faces with an alternate version of themselves, and the new faces (literally) of the leads on the new DCU were already somewhere in the old multiverse.

Last edited:
2. Because it takes place after The Flash but is not set in the DCU, thus takes place in the DCEU Clooney-Verse.
First of all, I agree, I too would place it in the Post-Flashpoint Earth (we really need a name for it, I think someone called it Earth-1F, maybe that or Earth-97F?). But why can't it take place in the DCEU/Earth-1? I mean that Universe wasn't destroyed after The Flash, Barry just arrived in a different Universe as far as I understand it. Earth-1 with Batfleck and co, now just without a Barry Allen, might still exist somewhere out there.

I feel like we're really deep in hypotheticals at this point.
James Gunn is smart enough of a writer to work around things like this so I trust he has some explanation for this in some form or another. For fans at least, modern audiences won't give a damn so that's not gonna be presented to them in a way where they have to backtrack for more context.

someone called it Earth-1F
That was me :)

If we say that everything that happens post The Flash is set on Earth-1F, how do we handle Flashbacks in like Blue Beetle? Are they on Earth-1 or Earth-1F? And what about the Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom Special? Is that Earth-1 or Earth-1F?

I feel like we're really deep in hypotheticals at this point.
James Gunn is smart enough of a writer to work around things like this so I trust he has some explanation for this in some form or another. For fans at least, modern audiences won't give a damn so that's not gonna be presented to them in a way where they have to backtrack for more context.
Well, isn't that the whole thing of the forum/timeline? We try to make sense of Movies and co

That was me :)

If we say that everything that happens post The Flash is set on Earth-1F, how do we handle Flashbacks in like Blue Beetle? Are they on Earth-1 or Earth-1F? And what about the Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom Special? Is that Earth-1 or Earth-1F?

Well, isn't that the whole thing of the forum/timeline? We try to make sense of Movies and co
Flashbacks are Earth-1F. The comic tie-in is Earth-1F.

With this I feel like the answer is inevitable. Where as regards to whether or not, for example, Gotham Knights is set in the same alternate timeline(?) as Superman & Lois will most likely always be left to the imagination.

I kinda feel like waiting.

@selfishmisery judging from your timeline I guess you think both Blue Beetle and Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom are set on DCEU Earth-1, not the Post-Flashpoint Timeline, right? 'Cause you didn't put the Post-Flashpoint Universe Tag on then. Might I ask why?

What If The Post Flashpoint Timeline is in fact the DCU, but Clooney isn't Bruce Wayne, but Alfred

Latest posts

Back