DC Live-Action Multiverse - Viewing/Reading Order

Yeah, I'm planning on it.
Thank you very much for updating your list! But I have another question: you have the first episode from the fith season of Legends twice in the timeline; after the episode 3x16 from Black Lightning and after the episode 6x12 from The Flash, but what is the correct placement?
Greetings from Germany!

Thank you very much for updating your list! But I have another question: you have the first episode from the fith season of Legends twice in the timeline; after the episode 3x16 from Black Lightning and after the episode 6x12 from The Flash, but what is the correct placement?
Greetings from Germany!
Whoops.

Most of the episode is after Black Lightning, but some of it is after The Flash. I'm gonna go with the first option.

Is Jeremy Conrad reliable? He seems to have quite a good reputation on the Marvel Cinematic Universe wiki.

I prefer Keaton, but I'd be open to it. Bale had his run, beginning, middle and end, in my opinion. If Keaton fell through, I'd get Val Kilmer. If that fell through, sigh, George Clooney.

Bale? He's pretty good, but we're getting a Batman like that already in Robert Pattinson, why would we need another Other than because it's awesome? A small crossover would be great, though. I just don't imagine theres a lot of things going on in Bruce's life since 2016 (The Dark Knight Rises).

Last edited:
I have determined that Superman III, Supergirl and Superman IV: The Quest for Peace are canon based on two easter eggs in Crisis on Infinite Earths and that it doesn't contradict Superman Returns. I have also created a timeline for that world, and I'll be adding Chapters to Superman II-IV and Supergirl eventually.

Edit: Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut is an official film, and it can fit into continuity, so why not? It's very inconsequential, though, as the film never really happened, only a short segment at the end, and even then Superman forgot the events even occurred. It does fix a slight continuity error with Superman Returns: Prequel, so I'm counting it.

Last edited:
They call Earth-DCEU, "Earth-Prime"... And they include Joker and The Batman in the Multiverse of DCEU too. o_O

Also, will you remove Zack Snyder's Justice League to go from the cinematic (and bad, unfortunately) Justice League? Because he confirmed that it will not be canon... :(

They call Earth-DCEU, "Earth-Prime"... And they include Joker and The Batman in the Multiverse of DCEU too. o_O

Also, will you remove Zack Snyder's Justice League to go from the cinematic (and bad, unfortunately) Justice League? Because he confirmed that it will not be canon... :(
Unless an official crossover happens, I'm not just going to include something based on word alone.

See other thread.

You are amazing,Pro Bot,a god,make me your apprentice,please,I beg of you
Thank you, but I'm only a piece in the larger puzzle started by the late DIrishB. This is simply a community of people who all contribute to their favourite media. This project is just an attempt to put all of those separate franchises into one timeline of events. As long as a crossover occurs, no matter how small, it is added to the greater list.

By simply watching these movies and shows, you're helping and apart of this.

Thank you, but I'm only a piece in the larger puzzle started by the late DIrishB. This is simply a community of people who all contribute to their favourite media. This project is just an attempt to put all of those separate franchises into one timeline of events. As long as a crossover occurs, no matter how small, it is added to the greater list.

By simply watching these movies and shows, you're helping and apart of this.
Thanks

I've added Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman to the Burtonverse timeline, simply to be complete, as Lois & Clark had the first Burtonverse Batmobile appear in an episode, it having been stolen from Batman. That episode aired shortly after Batman Forever, in which Batman had a new Batmobile. It is notable that the Batmobile was dismantled in Batman Returns, but Alfred asks on if they can repair it somehow.

Lois & Clark being in Earth-89 would explain why Bruce goes back to the original Batmobile after his disco Batmobile in Batman & Robin. We know he does, since we see it in the OnStar commercials and The Flash concept art.

Should I even include it in this timeline, since it's not clear if it's canon and this viewing order is already massive?

Last edited:
Personally, I would hold off. Judging from past precedent, if/when Lois and Clark is added to the multiverse officially, it would probably be on a separate Earth from the Batman films. Having elements in common with other universes (like the Batmobile) isn't really enough of an indication since we also see this on other Earths quite frequently. The tendency seems to be to allow the greatest possible freedom for each show/film series by giving them each an individual Earth, so trying to group unrelated shows/films together based on minimal evidence seems like a step too far, imo. And since there's still an infinite multiverse post-crisis, there's no pressing need to combine Earth's unless it's clearly indicated as with the CW shows.

Personally, I would hold off. Judging from past precedent, if/when Lois and Clark is added to the multiverse officially, it would probably be on a separate Earth from the Batman films. Having elements in common with other universes (like the Batmobile) isn't really enough of an indication since we also see this on other Earths quite frequently. The tendency seems to be to allow the greatest possible freedom for each show/film series by giving them each an individual Earth, so trying to group unrelated shows/films together based on minimal evidence seems like a step too far, imo.
Indeed. I don't think I'll include it here. I'll keep it in Burtonverse, just for being complete, but I wouldn't put it as strictly canonical, as the implications of that scene aren't clear. I left a note on that in that timeline explaining this. It's innocent to put them on the same timeline there, but it would be misleading here.

Though I do believe that I heard a slower, heavier '89 theme playing in the Batmobile reveal. Could be my imagination.

Last edited:
Not a viewing order thing, but what particular universes do you think warrant a reference and canonization?
Batman (1966-1968)
Shazam/Isis (1974-1976)
Wonder Woman (1975-1979)
Superman (1978-1987)
Swamp Thing (1982-1989)
Superboy (1988-1992)
Swamp Thing (1990-1993)
Lois & Clark (1993-1997)
Steel (1997)
Catwoman (2004)
Constantine (2005)
Nolanverse (2005-2012)
Watchmen (2009)
Jonah Hex (2010)
Green Lantern (2011)
DCEU (2013-Now)
Gotham/Pennyworth (2014-Now)
Krypton (2018-2019)
Titans/Doom Patrol (2018-Now)
Swamp Thing (2019)
Joker (2019)

For me, it's got to be:
Batman (1966-1968)
Robin

Wonder Woman (1975-1979)
Wonder Woman

Superman (1978-1987)
Supergirl

Lois & Clark (1993-1997)
Superman
Lois Lane

Steel (1997)
Steel

Nolanverse (2005-2012)
Non-actor

Green Lantern (2011)
Non-actor

Gotham/Pennyworth (2014-Now)
Alfred Pennyworth
James Gordon
Harvey Bullock
Riddler
Penguin
(No Batman because David Mazouz is not 29, let alone 50 based on Pennyworth's timeline)

Krypton (2018-2019)
Seyg-El
Adam Strange
Lobo

Titans/Doom Patrol (2018-Now)
Nightwing
Robin
Cyborg

Swamp Thing (2019)
Swamp Thing

Realistically, I can see Lois & Clark and Gotham joining, but not the rest. They failed to get Wonder Woman and Krypton in, unfortunately, although Deadline claimed that theres a chance without elaborating.
could you actually make a timeline for: Swamp Thing (1982-1989), Swamp Thing (1990-1993), Steel (1997), Constantine (2005), Watchmen (2009), Jonah Hex (2010), Birds of Prey (Series) and Green Lantern (2011)

could you actually make a timeline for: Swamp Thing (1982-1989), Swamp Thing (1990-1993), Steel (1997), Constantine (2005), Watchmen (2009), Jonah Hex (2010), Birds of Prey (Series) and Green Lantern (2011)
Maybe one day. I'd like to do Green Lantern eventually, but that's not a promise.

If any of you guys are skilled with Fandom, feel free to contribute to this wiki.
It's essentially a guide to the multiverse rather than a complete and detailed wiki. I guess it's sort of where someone could get an explanation of the Superman Anthology timeline with regards to the different Superman II sequels, or the complicated Batman 1966 canon or, depending on how The Flash goes, an explanation of the divergent Burtonverse timelines. Each page would link to the more detailed wikias in terms of characters.

This probably won't happen
Depending on how the "Multiverse Trilogy" (WandaVision, Spider-Man: Homecoming 3, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness) goes, and how they connect Deadpool to the MCU, I might have to do a Marvel equivalent.

That's only if it gets out of hand, like the Arrowverse did.

Of course, if the Sonyverse became canon, Venom has an after credits scene referring to Into the Spider-Verse. I feel that wouldn't be counted, though, because every Marvel universe is connected in the same multiverse. Assuming it were, though, Earth-67 Spider-Man crossed over with other Spider-Men in Spider-Verse (comic book). I would have to ignore that. Japanese Spider-Man is going to appear in Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse 2.

That would mean (including rumors):
Marvel Cinematic Universe (+SPUoMC)
Raimiverse
Webbverse
Spider-Verse
Spider-Man '67
Supaidāman

Also of note, Earth-67 Spider-Man is actually an alternate version of Earth-6799 Spider-Man, who is actually the one from the tv series.

Of course, this is all just a potential future, depending on the validity of those rumours and whether the Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters ends up even being in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Latest posts

Back