DC Nation

I didn't know where to add this but new comic announced : DC Universe: Legends
IGN Comics: How did DC Universe: Legacies come about? Was this a project Sony approached you with or an opportunity your editorial team spotted?

Dan DiDio: Well, it sort of came about together. Sony Online Entertainment was in the process of building the game. They were working with Jim Lee and used some of our writers. Geoff Johns did the initial bible for the game, setting up the world. They're working with so much of our talent at Wildstorm as well that we felt it would only be natural to create something that would be able to not only support but expand upon and interact with the game itself.

One of the reasons I wanted to do something on a weekly basis was because I wanted to build a series that would move at the quickest speed of our delivery system, tying into the game so we'd have a connection between the two.

IGN Comics: Now this is set in the game universe, correct? Does it interact with the game in any sense?

DiDio: Well there are a number of things that are going to go on. First, we're going to set up the conceit of the universe, how it works and what the rules are. We'll also be trying to work gaming tips and secrets into the body of the book as we move along in the series. You'll see a lot of support material including turnarounds and designs that went into the actual building of the game.

What I think is the most exciting thing is that, if everything is working as well as we hope once we get down the line, characters that players create actually have an opportunity to work their way from the game into the comics themselves.

IGN Comics: Now this is set in the entirety of the DC Universe, within the game's world, but previous weekly series have focused on a specific set of characters. Is that going to be the case this time? Will Legends focus on a particular group of heroes or villains?

DiDio: Well, you know there are going to be a lot of stories created over the course of the game itself. They'll be introducing situations that the people playing the games can interact with, and what we plan to do is line up our stories that we can feed into the backstory of those events, detailing what our heroes are doing in those events while the people in the game are interacting with them too.

read more here : http://uk.comics.ign.com/articles/106/1061432p1.html

also here is dc's announcement :
DC UNIVERSE: LEGENDS will run weekly and exist in the same world as the game. Can there be a more perfect companion? Probably not.

We'll reveal more details about the creative team and full-length of the series soon.

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2010/01/15/dcu-in-2010-what’s-the-next-weekly-series/

This could be pretty cool

Yeah. I have no desire to read comics based on a game based on comics.

tumblr_kyqbh3NdN01qzla78o1_500.jpg

Trust in Geoff Johns.

tumblr_kyqbh3NdN01qzla78o1_500.jpg

Trust in Geoff Johns.

Really? REALLY!!!!

:'( It's just been officially announced that Gail Simone is leaving Wonder Woman. The upside is, she's still got Birds of Prey and Secret Six and she's going to be working on a Welcome to Tranquility miniseries.

Although it's not official, Bleedingcool announced a while back that Morrison's Wonder Woman pitch was deemed too bizarre for the main universe, which makes me wonder who might be taking over. Gail mentioned in the past the possibility of a second Wonder Woman vehicle, a team book. So it would be cool if her announcement of leaving was so she could move on to this.

I'm not sue who would be a good choice to take over the book. Greg Rucka maybe?

Oh! and then there's this:

Gail Simone said:
"I have a feeling I'm going to miss Wonder Woman for a long, long time. But unfortunately, it is time to say goodbye," the writer said. "We brought in some people to work on Wonder Woman on projects I'm hoping will still see the light of day, many of whom have never worked at DC before, and we're handing over the reins to the best possible choice to take over. And there's a little surprise in #600 that is a dream come true for me. So I'm happy for the book and for Diana. And we're going out with a bang, with a big, crazy invasion story featuring the return of someone from WW history, and art by the mighty Nicola Scott."

Hm! Does Kathryn Immonen have an exclusivity contract with Marvel?

Last edited:
You know What I want?
A Hardcover collection of the entire Judas Contract (New Teen Titans #28-40, New Teen Titans Annual #2-3, Tales of the New Teen Titans #41-44, and Batman and the Outsiders #5)

I have Terra Incognito (New Teen Titans #28-34, Annual #2) and The Judas Contract (New Teen Titans #39-40, Tales of the New Teen Titans #41-44, Annual #3) in TPB, but the middle issues ((New Teen Titans #36-38, Batman and the Outsiders #5) have never been collected.

Judas Contract is one of DC's most famous stories from the 80s you think they would have put out an Absolute edition or a DC Comics Classics Library edition by now.

Anyway, that's all.

I just read the link you dropped, Grocer Man.

The writer revealed more behind the scenes information about "Cry For Justice," explaining that originally, DC wanted to get rid of most of their fictional cities (not Metropolis or Gotham obviously).

What the ****, DC?

Eddie Berganza chimed in that a place like Star City is just a generic Seattle, it's not unique like Metropolis or Opal City. The same can be said for Hub City, the Question's hometown. It was decided in the end that if they were making a big push to make Green Arrow a character to watch, then they should do the same for Star City.

Right. Because the city isn't fully fleshed out, you should just, you know, blow it up, instead of polishing it up and making it interesting in its own right. That's so ****ing ridiculous. "These cities are generic (because they haven't been expanded on). Let's just nuke 'em." ****, it makes me kind of glad Robinson was writing the book and managed to restrain the urges of a few rank editors.

The new lineup, he revealed, will be Dick Grayson as Batman, Supergirl, Donna Troy, Jade, Mikaal Tomas as Starman, Congorilla and Jessie Quick. The membership will remain the same for at least the next two years worth of stories.

And that's pretty cool. I think Robinson could pull off some cool stuff with that lineup. It's got a mix of "legacies" of some mainstays without being too obvious with it. I wonder if that means Grayson will stay on as JLA Batman for the next two years.

Last edited:
I just read the link you dropped, Grocer Man.

What the ****, DC?

Right. Because the city isn't fully fleshed out, you should just, you know, blow it up, instead of polishing it up and making it interesting in its own right. That's so ****ing ridiculous. "These cities are generic (because they haven't been expanded on). Let's just nuke 'em." ****, it makes me kind of glad Robinson was writing the book and managed to restrain the urges of a few rank editors.

And that's pretty cool. I think Robinson could pull off some cool stuff with that lineup. It's got a mix of "legacies" of some mainstays without being too obvious with it. I wonder if that means Grayson will stay on as JLA Batman for the next two years.

Agreed. That's ridiculous in so many ways. If you've made a city, make something of it. No reason to destroy it to make things more "realistic."

At first, I was a bit of a die-hard fan of the Morrison JLA and didn't want anything changing from that. But I changed my mind. Most of them have their own titles and it's nice to see other characters and realationships get developed.

Latest posts

Back