DC Nation

Action Comics is now an awesome Sci-Fi book starring Lex Luthor and Robot Lois Lane.

Adventure Comics has Kal-El in it, but only as a teenager, getting to know the Legion of Super-Heroes.

Superman is the only book starring adult Superman.

Last edited:
Action Comics is now an awesome Sci-Fi book starring Lex Luthor and Robot Lois Lane.

Adventure Comics has Kal-El in it, but only as a teenager, getting to know the Legion of Super-Heroes.

Superman is the only book starring adult Superman.

And in the same way that Batman is exploring weird Silver Age sci-fi concepts, JMS is exploring Superman's superdickery.

I hear Superman is walking across America??

note: if you accidentally leave the u out of Superman, you get a whole different kind of name.

Grant Morrison and Yanick Paquette will be doing a Brave and the Bold-style book called Batman, Inc.

CBR said:
"This is why the book was called 'The Return of Bruce Wayne,'" he added. "This is what happens when Bruce is more in the equation and what he does with the Batman idea and turns it into a franchise."

Wicked.

So McCheese's and I finally made a comic about the new costume And since I knew this was coming I decided to make my own design. Details in the link.

wonderwomandesign.jpg

Last edited:
So, DC are dropping most of their 3.99 books to 2.99. That's cool for the most part. It means all the books with terrible back-up stories are going to lose the backups and also lose a dollar. Unfortunately, the main stories will be dropping to 20 pages instead of 22. Not a big loss.

The real tragedy is, the Jimmy Olson and Detective Gordon co-features are going to disappear in January. That sucks. The first portion of Nick Spencer's Jimmy Olsen was great, and a perfect follow-up to Cornell's Lex Luthor stories, and I was really looking forward to Snyder's Gordon. I feel like in those cases, they could have at least let the stories wrap. I mean, those are the two headline books for DC, so an extra dollar for a back-up feature doesn't seem like that big a deal. Chances are, the Jimmy Olsen stories would have finished when Action hit 700 anyway, in a few months.

Oh well!

There is this though:

"Fans of our co-features should stay tuned. Some of these characters will find a new platform," said Dan DiDio.

I imagine some of the co-features will remain as digital exclusives or be promoted to miniseries or ongoing titles.

There is this though:

I imagine some of the co-features will remain as digital exclusives or be promoted to miniseries or ongoing titles.

Well, yeah. I'd be very happy for a new Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen and I think it would be a great opportunity to test the digital waters.

The real bummer is the Gordon back-up, specifically because it was supposed to loop hand in hand with the main 'Tec feature.

Those are really the only two co-features I have any investment in anyway.

Last edited:
So...

Jimmy Olsen is becoming a one shot, Atom (which I shamefully forgot about) is becoming an ongoing, and everything else is being folded into one-shots or minis.

Nothing revolutionary, but the Atom thing is exciting.

Klarion the Witchboy is in the DC Halloween special!

I haven't seen him in anything since Seven Soldiers.

Klarion the Witchboy is in the DC Halloween special!

I haven't seen him in anything since Seven Soldiers.

He was in Robin. Drawn by the same artist.

His cat in that Special actually spoke lolcat. Not sure how I feel about that.

His cat in that Special actually spoke lolcat. Not sure how I feel about that.

Teekl is his name. Yeah, that part was really stupid. I can't remember - I think it might have only been one line, and just an off-the-cuff thing...I don't remember it being constant.

Latest posts

Back