DC Nation

I was not April Fools Joking that 875 is a great issue.

No, I know, and it was great - but the way you posted (and something Proj said) made me think you were making a joke about Walking Dead #83. Plus it was on April 1st (or thereabouts).

tumblr_ln7zj3mLtV1qbt9xgo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
I decided to take a stab at Knightfall. I've only ever read the issue where Bane breaks Batman's back.

It's pretty ambitious. There are dozens of books. I think this will take a few weeks.

I decided to take a stab at Knightfall. I've only ever read the issue where Bane breaks Batman's back.

It's pretty ambitious. There are dozens of books. I think this will take a few weeks.

Ech. Sounds like a suicide mission. Wasn't that when Moench and Dixon and the rest of the mid-nineties hardliners crew were on Batman?

I read No Man's Land a while back (or a lot of it at least, I quickly gave up on reading a bunch of the filler issues) and even with a handful of writers I like involved, it was a pretty big chore.

There are only 3?

There are 3 printed volumes, but even they don't collect everything (at least as far as I've seen). I'm reading the individual issues, not the printed books.

Ech. Sounds like a suicide mission. Wasn't that when Moench and Dixon and the rest of the mid-nineties hardliners crew were on Batman?

I read No Man's Land a while back (or a lot of it at least, I quickly gave up on reading a bunch of the filler issues) and even with a handful of writers I like involved, it was a pretty big chore.

I have a feeling I will get tired of it and skip the secondary issues, but who knows. I'm only 2 issues in.

I had no idea that Sarah Essen a) made any appearance after Year One and b) married Jim Gordon.

Knightfall is pretty much the only thing I've been reading the last week or two.

I'm surprised at how good it is. I didn't know these kinds of stories were being done in the early 90s. Most early 90s comics are really bad.

I am growing to hate that grey and blue costume, though.

I don't know why I bothered with National Comics: Looker but I did and it was terrible.

Ultimate Houde said:
I agree. I never heard of the character before, and now I never care to hear of her ever again.

Kid Eternity was much better.

There is a new Kid Eternity series? I might need to look into that.

So I've found all the issues to an old series called Hitman, written by Ennis. It's about a mob Hitman who has limited telepathy and X Ray vision. And it's awesome.

So I've found all the issues to an old series called Hitman, written by Ennis. It's about a mob Hitman who has limited telepathy and X Ray vision. And it's awesome.

I've heard nothing but good things about Hitman. I have a trade or two around here somewhere...

Wow, as I get further into this series, it just gets better.

I mean, before this I would say Ennis' best work was Preacher, but now I would have to go with this series. It's about a Hitman. With XRay vision and limited telepathy. It shouldn't be this good. It takes on all the DC events that were going on in the upper 90's/early 2000's. And they seemlessly flow with the story. He has such cookie cutter friends. It shouldn't work!

But it does. The single issues of character development. The complex backstories of of his friends. His own unique backstory. The throw away story of his marine career becoming so much more, THEN BECOMING EVEN MORE! I didn't think I would enjoy this story as much as I am, but I can't stop reading it.

Baxter, I can send you all the links for this story if you want me too. Just PM me.

Latest posts

Back