DC Nation

tumblr_lbqxv2WjoE1qaqv3qo1_500.jpg

Fantastic.

Except now Wonder Woman and Superman have no-name ghost writers working off of JMS' scripts.

Yeah. I had pretty similar conclusions. They seem to be suggesting that each teaser will be a separate universe and that strikes me as an interesting interpretation. My assumption was that we'd see a single time line with each character's origin tampered with intentionally (probably by Zoom?), but I guess it's possible that Flash will be jumping through a bunch of different realities as well?

The running interpretation of the Aquaman/Wonder Woman teaser seems to be that they married to stop a war between their nations and the surface world, but that doesn't make much sense to me at all. Why would an arranged marriage between the royalty of two already allied nations broker a peace? I think the only reasonable guess would be that Atlantis and Paradise Island were on the verge of going to war with each other. But that seems like an odd choice of feuding nations, right?

It's obviously alternate universes.

Which is cool.

Nah. Apparently it's a single alternate universe. DC has announced there will be fifteen tie-in miniseries (FIFTEEN! JESUS!) along with a bunch of one shots. Fourteen of them are listed on the blog.

I've been reading, re-reading, and re-reading again Grant Morrison's Batman run. I'm not yet halfway through it - I just finished the second Black Glove story (where the 3 Batmen's origins are revealed) and will be re-reading RIP next.

It is so brilliant that I cannot put it into words. Grant Morrison is, by far, my favorite comic writer. The depth with which he writes is just unmatched. And it's unfortunate because I'm so used to breezing through a shallow, meaningless Bendis comic in a minute and a half that I've effectively trained my brain to half shut down while reading a comic and I have to re-read the good ones multiple times to get everything.

I try not to think about it because it kind of irks me how Bendis is considered, generally, to be one of the premiere writers in the industry right now, and he couldn't dream of writing something this intricate. I hate to bag on the guy constantly, and he has done some stuff that I really love a lot, but that other writers can't write this well almost ruins comics for me. Why can't they all be this good?

That Grant Morrison: Talking With Gods documentary is worth watching. He just wanted us all to be Star Children.

I'm still completely engrossed in Morrison's Batman stories. I'm reading them in chronological order, story-wise. I'm in the middle of Final Crisis.

I just read Last Rites and it was so brilliant. Specifically the chemicals and the use of Lump as Alfred.

And this is pretty much the best line in a comic, ever: "What kind of man can turn even his life memories into a weapon?"

I'm still completely engrossed in Morrison's Batman stories. I'm reading them in chronological order, story-wise. I'm in the middle of Final Crisis.

I just read Last Rites and it was so brilliant. Specifically the chemicals and the use of Lump as Alfred.

And this is pretty much the best line in a comic, ever: "What kind of man can turn even his life memories into a weapon?"

Agreed, Morrison had quite a few of those crazy "Batman is ****ing awesome" lines. And I love every single one, I wish I could buy them all.

This is also insanely awesome:

photo2-3.jpg

Dick Grayson and Damian Wayne are featured in Batman and Robin, and Bruce Wayne is in Batman, Inc. - what is going on and who is in Detective and the regular Batman title?

Dick Grayson and Damian Wayne are featured in Batman and Robin, and Bruce Wayne is in Batman, Inc. - what is going on and who is in Detective and the regular Batman title?

Detective Comics is telling really great detective stories about Dick as Batman in Gotham City. Supporting characters like Alfred and Tim Drake make appearances but the focus is primarily on Dick and Gordon. It's really excellent.

Batman is also about Dick, I think? But it's written by Tony Daniel and I fell out of interest with his writing so I can't say much.

Then there's Batman: The Dark Knight which is about Bruce fighting the supernatural and it never comes out.

Detective Comics is telling really great detective stories about Dick as Batman in Gotham City. Supporting characters like Alfred and Tim Drake make appearances but the focus is primarily on Dick and Gordon. It's really excellent.

Batman is also about Dick, I think? But it's written by Tony Daniel and I fell out of interest with his writing so I can't say much.

Then there's Batman: The Dark Knight which is about Bruce fighting the supernatural and it never comes out.

Cool, thanks. Doesn't sound like I'll bother with those.

I am reading B:TDK and it's decent.

Dude. Detective is probably the best Batman book being published. You owe it to yourself.

Really?! I don't think I've read anyone saying anything about it. Or I haven't been paying attention.

I'll check it out, thanks.

ETA: actually I completely forgot about #875 which Doc mentioned on Twitter as a great read (which might have been an April Fool's joke? I'm not sure) but yeah, it was really good.

Detective Comics and Batman, Inc. are the only two Batman comics worth reading right now. Streets of Gotham was pretty good too but I think it finished.

Oh, and Batgirl just for Dustin Nguyen. I'm behind on that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back