DC Nation

Warren Ellis wants to know what's going on with DC:

"What the hell is going on at DC?I took a break from NO HERO last night to skim Journalista, and ended up spending twenty minutes reading all kinds of crap. I get on very well with Paul Levitz,and I like Dan Didio a lot. I don't really keep an eye on what DC is up to these days, beyond opening the occasional comp box and having a flick through. I knew Dan was focusing on luring old readers back, I knew they'd ****ed up some of their big relaunches, but my god. Grant has to now go online to explain that he turned in his FINAL CRISIS scripts way ahead of time to define the structure of the event, but the prequel projects all ignored the scripts? JG Jones --who *can* hit deadlines on short projects with the correct editorial oversight -- is having to be assisted by Carlos Pacheco from issue 4 of FINAL CRISIS? DC stalwart Chuck Dixon kicked out of their creative stable? And FINAL CRISIS placing a fairly distant second to the second issue of SECRET INVASION? People like talking **** about Dan Didio online. The truth is that he's actually a smart guy who, on entering the company, had to make some tough decisions fairly quickly. It's also true that some lifers at DC editorial are very resistant to any kind of change. Are some of them just plain nasty and dumb enough to say, "screw Morrison, we'll do our own story, and if it blows his big reveals, well, **** ím''? I would hope not, but it does seem to have happened anyway. Interesting thing about Joe Quesada: he likes to ''win,'' sure,but he doesn't like it when a big DC project fails. He thinks it hurts retailers, and therefore harms everybody. I've been out of it for too long.What the hell is going on up there, people?"

Warren Ellis wants to know what's going on with DC:

"What the hell is going on at DC?I took a break from NO HERO last night to skim Journalista, and ended up spending twenty minutes reading all kinds of crap. I get on very well with Paul Levitz,and I like Dan Didio a lot. I don't really keep an eye on what DC is up to these days, beyond opening the occasional comp box and having a flick through. I knew Dan was focusing on luring old readers back, I knew they'd ****ed up some of their big relaunches, but my god. Grant has to now go online to explain that he turned in his FINAL CRISIS scripts way ahead of time to define the structure of the event, but the prequel projects all ignored the scripts? JG Jones --who *can* hit deadlines on short projects with the correct editorial oversight -- is having to be assisted by Carlos Pacheco from issue 4 of FINAL CRISIS? DC stalwart Chuck Dixon kicked out of their creative stable? And FINAL CRISIS placing a fairly distant second to the second issue of SECRET INVASION? People like talking **** about Dan Didio online. The truth is that he's actually a smart guy who, on entering the company, had to make some tough decisions fairly quickly. It's also true that some lifers at DC editorial are very resistant to any kind of change. Are some of them just plain nasty and dumb enough to say, "screw Morrison, we'll do our own story, and if it blows his big reveals, well, **** ím''? I would hope not, but it does seem to have happened anyway. Interesting thing about Joe Quesada: he likes to ''win,'' sure,but he doesn't like it when a big DC project fails. He thinks it hurts retailers, and therefore harms everybody. I've been out of it for too long.What the hell is going on up there, people?"

I'm curious too. DC has a lot of my favorite writers onboard, but as a company, they really do seem to be repeatedly screwing the pooch.

And how the hell is Final Crisis not selling better than Secret Invasion?

Last edited:
I can't find the general Grant Morrison thread, but his website has finally been updated. If you register, you get exclusive blog posts and crazy images.

Kevin Smith is doing a 3 issue mini called Batman: Cacophony featuring Onomatopoeia and Geoff Johns and Ethan Van Sciver are doing a Flash: Rebirth mini featuring Barry Allen.

Man, I can't wait for Geoff Johns and EVS on Flash. It sounds so good.

That means, Johns will be writing Superman, Green Lantern, and Flash. Jesus.

I think it's cool DC have reacquired the impact comics rights...I don't know the characters at all, but it sounds like we're having a whole nother load of superheroes....and as this is DC the more the merrier. IT's only a matter of time before they all join the JSA

LitG:

I hear news of a new Batman series, probably fitting in and around the Battle For The Cowl break for the two main monthly comics. It's called "Unseen Batman."

I also hear Matt Sturges. is writing a new DCU book called "Run."

Say, wasn't that the name of the Mark Millar/Ashley Wood Image title that never happened?

Huge Grant Morrison interview about Batman RIP and Final Crisis.

I can't wait to see what he does with Aquaman.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back