DC Takes A Crack At Marvel

52 maybe more than i can handle but then again i dont like to handle a lot of s#!t

See now you didn't have to go insulting there man. 52 is a good series, despite any fanyboy hatred you might have. I'm a DC fan. Other than the more street level character of Marvel I really don't enjoy most of their output. But I don't go calling it all crap. Its just not my style. 52 isn't yours, but you should accept that mayve, just maybe your tastes aren't the only benchmark of quality.

DC: batman, superman, JLA, JSA, Outsiders, teen titans

there's no real distinguishment between JLA, JSA etc. they're just different teams with different flashes or different green lanterns. i read a bit of JLA but could never be bothered with the others.

The JSA is a massive society of older and more experienced superheroes with the intent of training and offering help to up-and-coming superheroes, and providing a prominent public face for the superhero community. The JLA is a superhuman strike force that tackles threats to the Earth. The Outsiders are a morally ambiguous group of outlaws who are doing the messy work no one else will. Teen Titans is a group of sidekicks who all band together to help each other out. Then there's Shadowpact, which holds the forces of magic at bay, and Checkmate, who provides us with our good, good spy drama fix. There's Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes.... and every single one of these books manages to maintain its own, distinct flavor. Plus, none of the teams have Wolverine.

Ninja4peace said:
So the 3 team lines are all different, avengers is a mish mash of whoever each member has a unique origin, and you've got different dynamics, X-men all have the same origin so writers don't have to think up sketchy origin arcs. And F4 is like a Family, again different dynamics between members.

Except now we have two different Avengers teams, and three different X-teams, and the Fantastic Four is broken up. So how do the six different Marvel team books manage to differentiate themselves better than the DC team books do again?

Ninja4peace said:
Each team i feel is fairly distinct and has something different to say. Daredevil has got that same detectivey feel as batman (and many the same writers)..

Just because Daredevil's got Brubaker doesn't mean he's as good as Batman. ;) Could Daredevil sustain two books?

Ninja4peace said:
And where as superman is invincible, spidey isn't at all and he often gets beaten the crap out of....and everyone loves an underdog.....I'm probably being too unjust to superman here, i like his character in JLA and superman/batman I just don't think i'd ever be bothered to read his solo comic.

Well, your loss. Action Comics is kicking *** right now. And All-Star is amazing.

Ninja4peace said:
but punisher and hulk i find more interesting characters than wonder woman/superboy/ everyone in DC who has the same power

Who all in the DCU has the same power?

Ninja4peace said:
Tho nothing beats super pets

True that.

Except now we have two different Avengers teams, and three different X-teams, and the Fantastic Four is broken up. So how do the six different Marvel team books manage to differentiate themselves better than the DC team books do again?

Because DC is teh suxx0rs omg lol !!1!!11!111o1n11noeon

Just because Daredevil's got Brubaker doesn't mean he's as good as Batman. ;) Could Daredevil sustain two books?

Is his penis long enough?

Nope.

Well, your loss. Action Comics is kicking *** right now. And All-Star is amazing

Did you say that with a straight face? I don't think you did. I hated the Action Comics story the first time I saw it.

In the movies.

Who in the DCU has the same power?

I think he's talking about all the people in the DCU have flight/superstrength/invunerablility/super good looking.

But, at least they all ain't Wolverine.

Last edited:
i think one of the reasons i prefer marvel to dc is looking at the main titles and i may be a bit niave here, I haven't read anything post crisis

DC: batman, superman, JLA, JSA, Outsiders, teen titans

there's no real distinguishment between JLA, JSA etc. they're just different teams with different flashes or different green lanterns. i read a bit of JLA but could never be bothered with the others.

I used to think the same thing, until I actually read the books.

and Green Arrow said it best...

The Titans teach you to be a family, the JSA teach you to be a hero, and The JLA teach you how to fight.

The JSA is a massive society of older and more experienced superheroes with the intent of training and offering help to up-and-coming superheroes, and providing a prominent public face for the superhero community. The JLA is a superhuman strike force that tackles threats to the Earth. The Outsiders are a morally ambiguous group of outlaws who are doing the messy work no one else will. Teen Titans is a group of sidekicks who all band together to help each other out. Then there's Shadowpact, which holds the forces of magic at bay, and Checkmate, who provides us with our good, good spy drama fix. There's Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes.... and every single one of these books manages to maintain its own, distinct flavor. Plus, none of the teams have Wolverine.

Bravo.

Because DC is teh suxx0rs omg lol !!1!!11!111o1n11noeon

Touche, salesman.

UltimateHoude said:
Is his penis long enough?

Nope.

We've already been over this. It doesn't matter, because none of you puny humans can match the awesome girth and length of a panda dick.

UltimateHoude said:
Did you say that with a straight face? I don't think you did. I hated the Action Comics story the first time I saw it.

In the movies.

Just because it involves people who worked on the movies doesn't mean it's the same.

UltimateHoude said:
I think he's talking about all the people in the DCU have flight/superstrength/invunerablility/super good looking.

I guess that's nothing like all the people in the Marvel Universe who's power is being psychic, or shooting beams, or being indestructible. It's just that the DCU is more densely populated with superheroes....

UltimateHoude said:
But, at least they all ain't Wolverine.

exactly.

ultimatefan420 said:
you cant ban me for stating my thoughts and you certainly cant lock me up 52 sucks period dot dash

We can do whatever we want. WE ARE GOD.

Oh, good. Now we get to have another Marvel vs. DC argument. Sw33t.

While I read more Marvel than DC, I do give DC lots of my money. DC is consistently better, but I just like the Marvel heroes more. I dunno.

I'd read DC more if Superman had a mullet again. MULLET!

you cant ban me for stating my thoughts and you certainly cant lock me up 52 sucks period dot dash

They can ban you for anything they feel like. And 52 does not suck, you may not like it but it is much better than what Marvel is currently doing. Its a well developed story that takes b-lister heroes (I use the term b-lister as character fans know but qeneral public may not recognize) and gives them a chance to shine and they dont fail. With intriging multiple plots that are balanced prefectly and all are leading to something huge. To me it feels like the Lost of comic books. Now you may not like it as oppose to differences in taste but to say it completely sucks proves your thoughts are ill-informed and that of a blind marvel fanboy. Opinions are great as long as they are not so initially biased. Civil War has many story and character flaws when compared to those 52 has much more less and I say this as a Marvel fan. Also you liked the Ultimate Clone Saga which negates the creditibility of your opinion, in my opinion.

Last edited:
They can ban you for anything they feel like. And 52 does not suck, you may not like it but it is much better than what Marvel is currently doing. Its a well developed story that takes b-lister heroes (I use the term b-lister as character fans know but qeneral public may not recognize) and gives them a chance to shine and they dont fail. With intriging multiple plots that are balanced prefectly and all are leading to something huge. To me it feels like the Lost of comic books. Now you may not like it as oppose to differences in taste but to say it completely sucks proves your thoughts are ill-informed and that of a blind marvel fanboy. Opinions are great as long as they are not so initially biased. Civil War has many story and character flaws when compared to those 52 has much more less and I say this as a Marvel fan. Also you liked the Ultimate Clone Saga which negates the creditibility of your opinion, in my opinion.

and thats why this website is subpar

Because we make well thought out arguments instead of quickly degenerating into insults and fanboy cliches? You're right. Lets be more "par".

STFU n00b! Civil War is teh roxxor! DC is so confusing wit thier ONL and 52 and stoopid crisises! u r totaaly dummb.

owned lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't like it, don't post here.

Some people like having intelligent conversation where we explain the merits and faults of the comic book medium and rebut our arguments with something other than "52 sux lol :p ".

I don't care how much you don't like any comic person, bashing will not be tolerated. As matter of fact, I myself will be making that an official rule. That will warrent immediate ban. How long will determine how bad the post is. I am tired of that ****. I'm not a fan of many comic people, but there's a line between kidding around and bashing.

A little criticism at a poorly constructed (or completely nonexistent) argument only pushes a person to do a better job at explaining what they mean next time as to avoid that same criticism.

If Bendis was a board member would we not be allowed to tell him that his work on Ultimate Spider-Man fudges the line between idiotic and rediculous?

A little criticism at a poorly constructed (or completely nonexistent) argument only pushes a person to do a better job at explaining what they mean next time as to avoid that same criticism.

If Bendis was a board member would we not be allowed to tell him that his work on Ultimate Spider-Man fudges the line between idiotic and rediculous?
A little criticism is fine. That's not a problem.

People going overboard is a whole 'nother matter.

Latest posts

Back