DC Takes A Crack At Marvel

A little criticism is fine. That's not a problem.

People going overboard is a whole 'nother matter.

When most members on this site are "bashing" I usually get the feeling that it's a joke.

While most of us are disapointed with the writing of people like Bendis, Loeb, etc. when we blame global warming and other worldly problems on them it's just a joke. Otherwise, we're just expressing dislike or, as you said, offering criticism that they will probably never read.

And when I say "we" I pretty much mean myself.

I don't care how much you don't like any comic person, bashing will not be tolerated.

Oh sure Bashing a comic person or Bashing a member of this site and people complain. Yet it's ok to play Whack-a-mole sure that's all fun and games. PARENTS DIED BECAUSE SOMEONE PLAYED THAT BRUTAL GAME!

:x

Oh sure Bashing a comic person or Bashing a member of this site and people complain. Yet it's ok to play Whack-a-mole sure that's all fun and games. PARENTS DIED BECAUSE SOMEONE PLAYED THAT BRUTAL GAME!

:x

um...what?

um...what?

see bashing = To strike with a heavy, crushing blow E.g The thug bashed the hood of the car with a sledgehammer.

it was a play on words saying it's wrong to bash everyone but whack a mole is ok.

it's a bad joke

You guys ruined my thread.

I should ban you all. Maybe just ultimatefan.

i don't see the "crack" directed as marvel so much, isn't it more directed towards the mainstream comic companies in general?

i don't see the "crack" directed as marvel so much, isn't it more directed towards the mainstream comic companies in general?

Since they aren't talking about themselves, and Darkhorse and Image don't pull stuff like that...who do you think they're talking about?

and DC doesn't pull this **** off all the time aswell? surely you kid

Of course they do. Granted though, not to the scale that Marvel does.

However, I said that they aren't talking about themselves not that they don't also do crazy crossover events.

that's what I think. They poking fun at themselves and their rivals in one go not just aimed at marvel

Of course they do. Granted though, not to the scale that Marvel does.

However, I said that they aren't talking about themselves not that they don't also do crazy crossover events.

well it's not DC talking is it? it's not even DC's opinion it's primarily the writers opinion and for all you know he could be talking about DC more than marvel, marvel has never "torn down one universe" the current marvel universe is the same one that was there all those years ago, while DC has done reboots of sorts

the writer is providing a commentary on the state of the mainstream "superhero" comics industry not an opinion on one company or another

Last edited:
He makes fun of both companies. There's two universes he refers to. The first one recreates their universe every time it "stops making cents" (DC) and the other one is a hype machine.

I think they're both jabs, and both pretty accurate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back