Death of Ultimate Spider-Man (Feb. 2011)

Ultimate Avengers v. New Ultimates #4 was the closest thing Millar's done to his original run on Ultimates since coming back to this little universe.

I hope Director G. Stark sticks around. He seems like exactly the kind of forward thinking detestable bastard who should be running SHIELD. Honestly? I'm starting to get a little excited for the relaunch. Seriously.

I haven't read an Ultimate comic in several months, but these reviews have me slightly encouraged. Looks like I need to get caught up and update the damn timeline. *sigh*

I haven't read an Ultimate comic in several months, but these reviews have me slightly encouraged. Looks like I need to get caught up and update the damn timeline. *sigh*

You try to get out and they keep pulling you back in

so,
The world knows that Peter Parker is Spider-Man (at least all his neighbours do and some of them took pictures)
Aunt May shoots Electro
and Norman regains consciousness and looms over Peter and Aunt May menacingly as the issue ends (dun dun dun)

It will read better collected.

I (foolishly) looked at the recap page and thought, "Didn't Green Goblin die?"

That's what Osborn thought too. But apparently Danvers had him locked up and sudated after he killed Harry.

I don't understand the outrage I've been reading all morning that this has been spoiled. Guys - the name of the story is "The Death of Spider-Man". What did you think the ending would be? It's been known for months and we've seen the solits for the relaunch. It's not like Captain America #25 where we didn't know what was coming.

That said, I do NOT understand agreeing to interviews and whatnot on the day before the story drops. I don't personally care for the reasons stated above, but if you even read Bendis on Twitter you can see that they clearly anticipated angering people. Why not wait one more day?

I don't understand the outrage I've been reading all morning that this has been spoiled. Guys - the name of the story is "The Death of Spider-Man". What did you think the ending would be? It's been known for months and we've seen the solits for the relaunch. It's not like Captain America #25 where we didn't know what was coming.

Batman RIP.

I don't understand the outrage I've been reading all morning that this has been spoiled. Guys - the name of the story is "The Death of Spider-Man". What did you think the ending would be?

They probable thought it would be a fake out or just the end of Spider-Man in peter's life. And Pete would become the next Reed Richards since this reality's Reed went bad.

You know with all the relaunches I was hoping for a Untold Tails Of The Ultimate Universe. And go back and do stories like how Doom came back from the Zombiverse. Or explain more as to why Reed is now a villain.

Last edited:
Well here it is....

MJ is trying to get ahold of Peter but can't. She sees a burst of electricity outside her window coming from the Parker's. She tries to make an excuse that she forgot a book at Peter's but her mom wont let her go. MJ sees another burst of electricity. Peter saves May and Gwen from Norman, punches Norman, and goes to wake up Johnny. Johnny wakes and engages Norman with all he has but Norman just absorbs it all and flings Johnny away. Peter reflects he should have woken Bobby up (Peter's also started bleeding again btw). He engages Norman whose charged up from Johnny and manages to weaken Norman back down by exposing his newfound power to a fire hydrant. Peter sits there defeated while Norman prepares to finish him off. A van (though it looked more a truck) hits Norman sending him crashing into another car. MJ hijacked it. Peter thanks her then throws her to safety then proceeds to Norman. Norman screams he'll destroy everything in Peter's life. Peter takes the van and beats Norman with it. Van explodes throwing Peter back and in the burning wreck, Norman's human hand is seen unmoving. Peter lays on the ground while succumbing to his wounds. He tells May that he did it: he saved her and that its ok. He then seems to die with his family and friends in shock and disbelief. It then goes back to Norman, who smiles in the burning wreck.

Nothing special, but at least Bendis didn't ruin it. I mean, aside from the likelihood that this is all reversed within 2 years. The story wasn't horrible.

If an OZ inducded Norman can come back from being shot point blank in the head come back, all other OZ induced characters most likely can.

And Kraven? Just gone? I was hoping to see his genetic mutation again but oh well.

Latest posts

Back