Death of Ultimate Spider-Man (Feb. 2011)

First, Hi everybody, I'm new here and I'm an Ultimate fan.

When I learned that Ultimate Spider-Man will die, I've immediately thought about Peter going to turn 18.

If you read UCSM #15 and some other stories with Spider-Man and the S.H.I.E.L.D., you know Peter will belong to the US government when the boy will turn 18.

Carol Danvers (Ultimates) and Nick Fury (Avengers) will want him for their team, and it could end with Peter turning away his illegal spider identity.

When I learned that Ultimate Spider-Man will die, I've immediately thought about Peter going to turn 18.

If you read UCSM #15 and some other stories with Spider-Man and the S.H.I.E.L.D., you know Peter will belong to the US government when the boy will turn 18.

Carol Danvers (Ultimates) and Nick Fury (Avengers) will want him for their team, and it could end with Peter turning away his illegal spider identity.

While that WOULD make sense (and probably the best outcome we can hope for) Peter is only 16, and if he IS 17, he isn't that far into it. Unless Bendis decides to leave far more time between arcs than he has been, he won't be 18 by then.

But man, am I ever hoping you're right.

there has been no reference to Peter's age EVER since the very beginning. Time stands still in Ultimate Spider-Man b/c Bendis wants to keep Peter in high school. Which I'm fine with.

It would be interesting though if this involved Peter becoming an employee of SHIELD, I'm sure it's got to do with the threat that Carol Danvers made after the Chameleons arc.

Fair enough.

Since this is being continued in another Ultimates title, I'd say the French Cap's prediction isn't too far-fetched. Even if it is a legit death, Bendis has shown no signs of Ultimate Spidey fatigue (in fact, the book has an energy it hasn't had since it's earlier issues), and this is in the Top 100 best selling comics. It's a pretty big stretch to imagine them canceling the book.

My bad, just checked UCSM #1 and Peter is 16 in..

Then, maybe Peter wants to forget Spider-Man during a time after an event that shocked him.

Following the Ultimate Timeline, Peter is born in 1984 and we are actually in 2000 or the beginning of 2001.

again, don't try to figure out the years or specific times for Ultimate Spider-Man, it doesn't work.

Unless you want to go with this explanation:
That's because Ultimate Queens actually exists within a time nexus. Peter Parker isn't the only one who hasn't aged, no one else in Queens has either. It has been September 2000 in Queens for AT LEAST five years now. If they ever get to October, then WHO KNOWS where the rest of the Ultimate U might be. It might be 100 years in the future, or even 8 years in the past. This explains the video that Peter watched of his parents having a picnic when he was a kid. His parents had died outside of Queens when he was a baby, but in Queens, they were still alive, until they died in a Venom-related plane crash. Not only that, but while that picnic took place in probably the mid 90s by Queens reckoning, it was actually 25 years in the future for the rest of the Ultimate Universe. Hence the discussion of Reed Richards who was older then than he is now.

Peter, along with anyone who lives in Queens could stay the age they are forever if they would just stay in Queens. Aunt May is only as old as she is b/c she commutes into the city for work every day.

The next arc of Ultimate Comics Spider-Man will deal with this time nexus issue. Ultimate Comics Spider-Man will make a deal with a new villain Ultimate Comics Kang to reconcile the time lines. But doing so will turn back the clock to a time when Gwen was Carnage and MJ was a red sasquwatch and Nick Fury was white. What decision will he make? find out soon in Ultimate Comics Spider-Man: One Less Day.

Huh, what?!

Ok, there are few glitches from the pencilers (wrong president, a false date on a newspaper, Iron Man or other characters with Earth-616 costume..), but the Ultimate universe is more accurate than the Marvel main universe.

We have much clues like flashbacks, precise years or temporal boxes which indicates a number of years/monthes/weeks/days ago.

An ennemy like Kang or Mephisto can't change the continuity, he will only create another alternate universe (we have already seen that with UFF and the alternate world where Thor is president or with the saga X4 or with Ultimates: Tomorrow Men).

:lol:
Never try to make much sense of continuity time-wise, it'll never work. Just make sure everything sort of fits without contradicting itself much.
As cap said, trying to figure out years specific times in not only USM but the whole UU is probably not possible :p
Stopped bothering me after a while though, especially after reading all Spidey comics from 616 -.-

Welcome, dude. That makes sense. I can imagine them doing that.

there has been no reference to Peter's age EVER since the very beginning.

It's been mentioned a few times.

Thanks guys :)

If you check the resumes of USM 150-151-152 on the Marvel site, my thoughts can be maybe true:

ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN # 150
The Story: [...] Poor Peter Parker has made such a mess of his life as Spider-Man that the other super heroes are forced to gather together and decide once and for all what to do with the young wall crawler.[...]

Ultimate Comics Spider-Man # 151
The Story: [...]After the shocking status quo game changer from last issue's 10th anniversary special, Spider-Man must now undergo afterschool super hero training-and the lessons start here!!![...]

Ultimate Comics Spider-Man # 152
The Story: [...]Speaking of poor Parker, his afterschool super hero training starts right here!! First teacher... Iron Man!!

Plus the cover of UCSM #151:

MOCT100563.JPG

I actually went through USM and checked out time references a little while back, and the issues where we can be SURE how much time has passed, and all that. I did it for the first two hardcovers. It was a headache, but it at least makes internal sense...and then other titles (particularly Ultimate X-Men and Ultimate Power, but also The Ultimates) come into play, and it all becomes a giant clusterf*** and headache.

Based on the solicits? Captain France has nailed it. I'm actually sort of embarrassed that the thought never even crossed my mind until he mentioned it.

In an interview with Bendis on the hiring of Sara Pichelli as co-artist for the book, he stated that he plans for the book to start shipping more than 12 times a year again, like it did in the Bagley days. I don't think UCSM is going anywhere soon. They're going back to the original numbering this week, for gods' sake.

In an interview with Bendis on the hiring of Sara Pichelli as co-artist for the book, he stated that he plans for the book to start shipping more than 12 times a year again, like it did in the Bagley days. I don't think UCSM is going anywhere soon. They're going back to the original numbering this week, for gods' sake.

Makes sense, and makes me happy. This book should be coming out at least twice a month :(
And as much as I like New Avengers, Immonen needs to come back.

Huh, what?!

Ok, there are few glitches from the pencilers (wrong president, a false date on a newspaper, Iron Man or other characters with Earth-616 costume..), but the Ultimate universe is more accurate than the Marvel main universe.

You shouldn't try to make sense of the continuity in the Ultimate Universe. Supposedly, many years passed between the three volumes of the Ultimates, and yet Peter has been through all of them in one year!

I wonder if that plan of having more than twelve issues isn't going to start right in February : there are two issues planned for that month, one by Picelli, one by Lafuente. Heck, even 150 could count as a double issue by the two of them, since they will each write one of the stories in that issue.

You shouldn't try to make sense of the continuity in the Ultimate Universe. Supposedly, many years passed between the three volumes of the Ultimates, and yet Peter has been through all of them in one year!

Hmm, there's only 1 year between Ultimates and Ultimates 2 (1998 to 1999), and only 6 weeks between Ultimates 2 and Ultimates 3 (it's 1999's Christmas in Us 3).

In 1998, Spider-Man is 15 years old, it's logical he is 16 in 1999 and in the beginning of 2000.
He's always 16 years old after 6 months from Ultimatum, so I deduce with all of these time markers that his birthday is between the summer's end and the end of the year.

Ultimate Spider-Man was created in October, maybe it's the month of his birthday..

Last edited:
I'm working on a Timeline with Ultimate & Supreme Power comics for months/a year now.

DIrishB and his timeline is one of the reason I came here, his work is awesome and full of respect.

Latest posts

Back