Death of Ultimate Spider-Man (Feb. 2011)

So in total, it's a 10+ arc story. 3 prologue chapters, 7 chapters, and something afterwards, likely the epilogue/aftermath issue.

The Death of Spider-Man arc in UCSM is actually 8 issues-long, according to multiple interviews. From issue 156 to issue 163.

The Death of Spider-Man arc in UCSM is actually 8 issues-long, according to multiple interviews. From issue 156 to issue 163.

That list includes the prelude.

Death of Spiderman will be ZERO issues for me. Stupid Marvel. Jeff Loeb can kiss my balls - I'm still agitated over Ultimatum and what he did to Heroes on TV. The man single handedly ruined two of my favorite things in less than a 3 month time period.

However, I am buying the Thor mini right now. Just has the feel and flavor of old Ultimates for me.

Death of Spiderman will be ZERO issues for me. Stupid Marvel. Jeff Loeb can kiss my balls - I'm still agitated over Ultimatum and what he did to Heroes on TV. The man single handedly ruined two of my favorite things in less than a 3 month time period.

Jeph Loeb has nothing to do with Ultimate Spider-Man. Bendis and Millar are writing it.

I meant the Ultimate Universe as a whole got ruined for me by Loeb. He's an Assclown. Only good thing he ever did was ressurect Supergirl.

McGuinness variant of UCSM #157, the first issue of the event in the Spider-Man book :

1296501413.jpg

I find the simplicity of it to be... chilling.

Last edited:
I really like the cover, and I really like how McGuinness draws Ult. Spidey. Its simple but it still retains depth and keeps me interested. I've honestly looked at the picture a good 4-5 times now and still want to go back and look again.

Thats a nice cover.

But what does it mean - as a fan of US from issue 15, and a retailer, I want US to continue. Leave well enough alone !!!

I picked up and read UA vs NU #1 and USM #153. Not only did the two issues have nothing to do with each other, but in UA vs NU #1 Tony Stark is in a coma b/c of his brain cancer which seems to have flared up immediately following the events of UA3. So then how has he been showing up at Peter's house to try to train him recently?

But besides that, i was actually pleasantly surprised with how readable UA vs NU #1 was. If any issue from the first arc of UA had been that good, i might not have dropped the title.

Maybe it's a build? UCSM seems to take place a little earlier than UCA does, and UAvsNU is following right on the heels of UCA. But who knows? This wouldn't be the first time the Ultimate chronology is a giant headache.

UCSM seems to take place a little earlier than UCA does, and UAvsNU is following right on the heels of UCA

really? i thought UAvsNU was following right on the heels of UA3. It seems like they're still wrapping stuff up from the vampires stuff.

Last edited:
I picked up and read UA vs NU #1 and USM #153. Not only did the two issues have nothing to do with each other, but in UA vs NU #1 Tony Stark is in a coma b/c of his brain cancer which seems to have flared up immediately following the events of UA3. So then how has he been showing up at Peter's house to try to train him recently?

This sounds like a job for...me.

Having not read the issues I can't say for sure, but couldn't it be assumed there's a span of time between UA3 and UA vs NU wherein the more recent issues of Ult Spidey could fit in?

But besides that, i was actually pleasantly surprised with how readable UA vs NU #1 was. If any issue from the first arc of UA had been that good, i might not have dropped the title.

Hmmm, thats a surprising amount of encouragement regarding this title...kudos!

It looks like USM takes place earlier and obviously earlier than UA3 (where UA vs. NA picks up from). The New Ultimates' conclusion gets rid of all the Loeb recruits, leaving them with the big three and Hawkeye juggling around his allegiance between them and the Avengers. The rather huge event of Triskelion being teleported to Iran is also a big factor, and it is not referenced at all by USM. We also know in UA vs. NA that they will not teleport back the Triskelion into New York due to the huge risks. The USM events most likely takes place during the Ultimates' downtime as they actually have a meeting to discuss about Spider-Man which is just a bleep compared to their normal missions.

I have also a feeling that Kang is the 'alien' being referenced to, or he may have been the Pharoah that is offered the Zodiac Key by the aliens (if they are aliens and not just future tech Kang brought back).

This sounds like a job for...me.

Having not read the issues I can't say for sure, but couldn't it be assumed there's a span of time between UA3 and UA vs NU wherein the more recent issues of Ult Spidey could fit in?
nope. Maybe there was some time during UA3 or before the events of UA3, but it really doesn't seem like it would fit between UA3 and UA vs NU

anyway,
apparently it's the sinister/ultimate six that are out for Spidey's blood. They've included Vulture this time and GG's back from the dead.

And the more i look into it, the more it seems like UA vs NU doesn't actually tie into the story...

UCA starts 3 weeks after ultimatum, where UCSM starts six months after ultimatum and UCNU starts 8 months after.

Its possible UA spans a long time, each arc beginning long after the last. So its possible that UCA3 and UCAvsNU starts after the Death of spider-man prelude. I would out it like this.

This is brief

UCA
UCA 2
UCSM 1-now/UCNU 1-5/UCE Trilogy: all happening around the same time
UCA 3
UCAvsNU/Death of spider-man arc-happening around the same time

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back