Death of Ultimate Spider-Man (Feb. 2011)

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
CBR Reports:

1289406988.jpg

CBR News has obtained the cover for Marvel Comics' section of the February, 2011 "Previews," featuring an image boldly declaring "The Death of Spider-Man." No further information has been made available at this time, but stay tuned to CBR for the first word from Marvel.

Last edited:
Re: Death of Spider-Man (Feb. 2011)

I bet he gets displaced in time

Last edited:

Disregarding the fact that I don't read mainstream Spider-Man anymore after that OMD fiasco (I'll get over it when Quesada and/or Marvel apologizes for that crap) this story has no reason to exist beyond a publicity getter. Normally I'd be fine with that, I loved the Death of Superman and Captain America stories. But Marvel already ran a "Spider-Man dies" story a while ago as The Other. True, The Other was retconned as part of that schizophrenic editing of OMD...but if you wanted to really do this story, then why retcon The Other in the first place? You have a Spider-Man death story!

(Wow, I like italics tonight.)

Disregarding the fact that I don't read mainstream Spider-Man anymore after that OMD fiasco (I'll get over it when Quesada and/or Marvel apologizes for that crap) this story has no reason to exist beyond a publicity getter. Normally I'd be fine with that, I loved the Death of Superman and Captain America stories. But Marvel already ran a "Spider-Man dies" story a while ago as The Other. True, The Other was retconned as part of that schizophrenic editing of OMD...but if you wanted to really do this story, then why retcon The Other in the first place? You have a Spider-Man death story!

That's a totally rational assumption to draw based on three words in a previews magazine that hasn't been released yet.... Even if one of them is hyphenated.

But Marvel already ran a "Spider-Man dies" story a while ago as The Other. True, The Other was retconned as part of that schizophrenic editing of OMD...but if you wanted to really do this story, then why retcon The Other in the first place? You have a Spider-Man death story!

The Other wasn't retconned.

Last edited:

That's a totally rational assumption to draw based on three words in a previews magazine that hasn't been released yet.... Even if one of them is hyphenated.

Sorry. I was in a bad mood last night.

Though the consequences are still completely ignored.

My memory is almost as bad as the Other was written...how did they get rid of the stingers and organic webbing again?

They said it just disappeared after a while (or something like that I think)... :S

My memory is almost as bad as the Other was written...how did they get rid of the stingers and organic webbing again?

well the stingers only come out in times when Spidey's in serious danger, as a reflex more than b/c he wants them to. It may be that he just hasn't needed them yet.

And they haven't explained the webbing yet. I feel like they've made reference to one of the other powers since OMD, but i can't remember when.

Sorry to break it to you Captain, but they did. I remember reading an article saying that they got rid of all consquences of the story, ie he can't talk to bugs anymore, or have wolverine claws, or the organic webbing because of OMCrap. Feel free to correct me though, cause I know you will.

Didn't he die just last year?

Oh no, that was Captain America.

I mean Batman.

Didn't he die just last year?

Oh no, that was Captain America.

I mean Batman.
I mean Daredevil
Sorry to break it to you Captain, but they did. I remember reading an article saying that they got rid of all consquences of the story, ie he can't talk to bugs anymore, or have wolverine claws, or the organic webbing because of OMCrap. Feel free to correct me though, cause I know you will.

i read that article too, but Joe Q also said it's still part of Spider-Man's history, and we'll have to wait and see how he lost the powers.

So I guess it's been retconned for all intents and purposes, but they just won't admit it.

If they are killing him wouldn't THIS have ended the marriage and not needed all the crap from new day stuff? I mean it's till death do us part. He dies they part. It's in the vows!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back