Dexter Series Discussion *Spoilers*

I'm halfway through the second season at the moment as well. I hope it picks up in the second half because this season hasn't been as interesting as the first one.

I'm halfway through the second season at the moment as well. I hope it picks up in the second half because this season hasn't been as interesting as the first one.
The first season is the best. Two took a step down, but ended really well and three is definitely the weak link.

Trending down is never a good sign for a show, but I have high hopes for Season 4 all the same.

I just finished Season 2. Got really into it once Doakes figured it out. Some really intense stuff. Thumbs up.

On to Season 3.

I just finished Season 2. Got really into it once Doakes figured it out. Some really intense stuff. Thumbs up.

On to Season 3.

I finished the first disc of Season 3 last week, gonna finish up the rest of Season 3 this weekend/next week.

I'm looking forward to Season 4, since the idea of Dexter as a father just seems incredibly interesting.

Last edited:
Just saw the first episode. Very entertaining. John Lithgow is terrifying. Yay for him! Also, I'm assuming that Gomez isn't in Dexter's car at the end...

Okay. This show is fantastic. John Lithgow is completely terrifying and wonderful.

Also, I'm certain Trinity is going to try to kill Rita. As a result, either Rita will die (thus making Dexter the sole custodian of his three kids which would be a complete horror for him), or Rita will find out just who Dexter is.

I'm convinced that Rita or Debra will find out Dexter's nature as a killer this season. There's a lot of hints that Debra will become another Lundy, and I can imagine her hunting Dexter or, keeping him safe from the cops. One of these two will find out this season. And Trinity will try to kill Rita.

I AM ONE WITH THE SHOW.

YOU ARE A FREAK FOR NOT LIKING SEASON 1.

Anyway, I just saw the latest episode of DEXTER, or as it shall now be known, WE WILL BREAK YOUR HEART EVERY ****ING WEEK.

I so knew that the final scene was going to end badly. I just knew it. And I knew what it was going to be. And **** everything to hell.

Also, Dexter and the lady cop was brilliant stuff. I love rooting for serial killers! It's weird, I initially found this show distasteful in the extreme - glorifying serial killers. But because Dexter only kills monsters, he becomes likeable because he's honest and compassionate (in the sense that he doesn't kill people without really making sure they deserve it), whereas the rest don't. In a sense, they made the detestable character of a serial killer likeable by making him the goddam Punisher.

I still think Trinity is going to kill Rita and/or Debra. And after what Dexter says to the cop and what happens to Debra, I'm certain this is the season where Dexter's nature as a serial killer is going to come out to Rita and/or Debra.

It's time for it to come out. I'm so excited. One of my most favourite shows.

As far as I'm concerned... Lithgow has already earned his "Actor in a Guest Role" (or whatever) Emmy. I'm not sure the last time he's shown how much he's capable on film or in television.

I agree. Lithgow earned it in his first scene in the first episode.

For being completely and utterly terrifying and yet doing nothing.

Also, it's clinched in this episode when he insults the guy in the alley into beating him. Unbridled rage and abject fear of pain at the same time... Lithgow's superb.

I know I say this every week, but DEXTER is the best show ever.

Jesus, this last episode (#9) is so chock-full of AWESOME my heart is in dire need of a pacemaker.

WOW. WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW.

What an astounding piece of television. John Lithgow is still revealing new elements to his character, and each time he just becomes creepier and scarier. Each year this show improves. Wow. Wow wow wow.

I finished Season 3 last night. I agree with Bass about Miguel. It would have been cool if they figured out a way to keep him around... then again, I also thought it would have been more interested if Dexter hadn't of killed Lila so there would have been the possibility she could have returned in the future (to cause chaos as most things in Dexter's life do).

Started Season 4 today. John Lithgow!

I know I say this every week, but DEXTER is the best show ever.

Jesus, this last episode (#9) is so chock-full of AWESOME my heart is in dire need of a pacemaker.

WOW. WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW.

What an astounding piece of television. John Lithgow is still revealing new elements to his character, and each time he just becomes creepier and scarier. Each year this show improves. Wow. Wow wow wow.

I just watched this episode. All that Thanksgiving stuff at Trinity's house - oh my God. My palms were sweaty the whole way through. ****ing intense.

This season is fantastic. One more episode to go and then I'm all caught up. This is the first time where I have absolutely no idea what is going to happen. I can't wait to see how this one ends.

I agree with DSF. John Lithgow should win an Emmy for this.

Latest posts

Back