Dexter Series Discussion *Spoilers*

Since I can't wait to for this to come back on, I read up on what they planned for the fifth season... Mild spoilers follow.

--There will be no jump in time. A lot of fans (myself included) were speculating that the show would jump ahead so we could see Dexter teaching Harrison the Law of Harry. This is not the case. The show runners want to show Dexter's grieving process -- arranging the funeral, taking care of the kids, etc.

--Because it is hugely impactful for Dexter to lose Rita, he will not be getting a new love interest any time soon.

--Rita will likely not reappear as a ghost. Where Harry shows up because he is the external, visual version of the dark passenger in ways, for Rita to show up would not carry the same meaning.

--Dexter's moving back into his apartment. He'll live with Deb who will help take care of the three kids.

--This season may not have a villain. John Lithgow would be a hard act to follow. (although now that Heroes is cancelled, I'd really like to see Zachary Quintos on the show for some reason... Or Michael Emerson for that matter.)

And that's all I can remember right now...

SEASON. 5. TRAILER! eek!

[video=youtube;CUbCMbW-BRE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUbCMbW-BRE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

YES.

I am excited to see Peter Weller.

There are a lot of new characters this season. I wonder how they're all going to fit into the mayhem. I know that the guy who played Eli Stone is going to be on it. Hack the planet! I can't wait to see, either. Now that Lost is over and Breaking Bad doesn't start again until NEXT July, Dexter is what I am most pumped for.

Dexter- "It was me."

It just hit me, but I'm thinking when he said that, he meant about how his son sitting in the pool of blood in reference to how he was found the same way as a child.

I like that interpretation. They say that Dexter will take more responsibility this season because of his son being "born in blood" which I think is incredible. Michael C Hall said this season acts as a new origin story for Dexter.

There was something on Facebook that featured Julia Stiles. It didn't reveal much, but it did hint that
her character would witness Dexter in the act of murdering someone
. To me, this season is going to be a culmination of all of the past seasons, most strongly resembling season 2.

I'm currently drunk, but saw Ice's post. It's am interesting time for Goodwill. (3rd person, what's up?)

Could it be that Julia is Dexter's sister? Harry's secret disciple? I've been trying to find a reason she could be in the series, close to Dex, and not replace Rita. That's the last thing I want to have happen. I hope she is more interesting than what most people probably suspect.

Season 5, guys! Finally!

I thought the premiere was real good. It's cool to see Dexter cracking. They really nailed how important of a person Rita was to him. She was very much his anchor and now he is slowly drifting away. It'll be interesting to see where this season leads, to say the least.

"You told us to stay at Disney World!" :?

I am interested to see where we go from here, but I was honestly expecting a major shock moment with Dexter confessing to Deb during the episode... They led up to it a couple times... And now it's just a bit more of the same? I'm sure it'll find its footing, but I was hoping for something a bit more after the incredible cliffhanger.

Latest posts

Back