Disney Awesomitity

Emperor's New Groove was genius.

Pirates of The Caribeen was genius.

Aladdin ruled. I even loved the show.

And who are you calling baby?

I didn't think Sherk was that bad, I found it funny. I can see why someone wont like it but not full blown hate. And I'm really going to miss the 2-D animations, cause basically Pixar owns Disney. And I think they should continue both.

Random said:
I didn't think Sherk was that bad, I found it funny. I can see why someone wont like it but not full blown hate. And I'm really going to miss the 2-D animations, cause basically Pixar owns Disney. And I think they should continue both.
Pixar owning Disney? Don't you mean the other way around?

Ice said:
Pixar owning Disney? Don't you mean the other way around?
Well actually when they bought Pixar, The Director of Pixar gained a majority of the stocks pretty much making the owner. But I think he stays in his old position. Something like that I dont remember the details

Random said:
Well actually when they bought Pixar, The Director of Pixar gained a majority of the stocks pretty much making the owner. But I think he stays in his old position. Something like that I dont remember the details

Steve Jobs has as much of a say on the Disney Board as Walt Disney did back when he was alive.

That being said, I love Disney Musicals...

Here are my top ten Animated Disney Movies ever:

1. Beauty and the Beast - Overall best movie. Best music. Best storyline, and overall, best message to kids (true love over vanity... Love in first sight ain't always a good thing)
2. The Lion King - Scar is the best animated movie villain ever. Period.
3. Hercules - I love the soundtrack to this so damn much... and the cast??? James Woods as Hades! Danny DeVito as a Satyr! Rip Torn as Zeus! Paul Shaffer (Dave Letterman's Pianist) as Hermes!!! What's not to like!?
4. The Little Mermaid - Ursula is up there with scar, but Sebastian is the reason to love this movie... As well as Buddy Hackett as Scuttle the Seagull... hehehe.
5. Aladdin - Robin William's Genie rocks my socks off. Also the soundtrack is the ****.
6. Mulan - Great story... Great characters... Hell, I even enjoyed Mushu the Dragon. I'm just not a huge fan of how few songs there were. There was the potential for a lot more... But overall, this movie is awesome
7. The Emperor's New Groove - Funniest Disney film ever.
8. Lilo and Stitch - I love this movie... Its just adorable, and makes me want to have a pet renegade space monster... Plus, Lilo's sister's boyfriend was pretty hot, in that animated watercolor hawaiian sort of way.
9. Robin Hood - Hellz yeah. Best Theme Song ever!!!
10. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - Tigger is the ****. Anyone who says otherwise can be shot in the head by the Nazis.

Ice said:
Terrorists? Pfft. They're nothing.

Being in a career where you can die any second? Ha! He laughs at it in its face.

But when it comes to video games with 350+ page stragedy guides! OH ****ING DEAR! RUN FOR YOUR DAMN LIFE!!!! :crazy:

I'm just saying that I don't know if I can devote another better portion of a year trying to beat a game. DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG IT TOOK ME TO FIND ALL 101 DALMATIONS?!?!?! :dazed:

E said:
I love David Spade. He can do no wrong.

It's my generation, baby.

Indeed. Showbiz Show every Thursday!!!! :rockon:

Why people enjoy Adam Sandler babbling thru Billy Madison instead of Spade screaming "Llama face!!!" I'll never know.... :?

Dr.Strangefate said:
That being said, I love Disney Musicals...

Here are my top ten Animated Disney Movies ......

:rockon:

My Top 10...

10. Dumbo - If nothing....for the blatant racist stereotype of black people by those damn "n*gga crows"
9. Pinnochio - Again...the Italian/Gyspsy stereotype of The Great Stromboli is great
8. Emperor's New Groove - This movie is awesome with David Spade....but it's nothing without Warburton's Krunk. "Squeeker squeekin?"
7. Aladdin - Genie is still awesome....but overall just one of the best films they've ever done.
6. Sword in the Stone - The legend of King Arthur fascinates me. So it was kinda cool to see Disney do King Arthur "The Smallville Years".
5. Lilo and Stitch - Beautiful. And a great representation of Hawaaii.........except without the hate towards us "mainlanders".
4. Lion King - A classic. Even the Broadway play was great!
3. Robin Hood ooodeelolly ooodelolly aaaaaa!!!
2. Hercules - Greek mythology reinterpretations are my crack.....I love 'em.
1. Tarzan - Aside from the generic plot---this was a great film. Tarzan has to be one of my favorite literary characters. I even watched the WB's short-lived live action drama series. Either way....this is the best film for me to watch on a Saturday afternoon with nothing to do and in the mood for light TV viewing. Plus they're doing a new Broadway play on Disney's Tarzan so I'm so there....

Disney Animation is pretty amazing. There's very few bad Disney Animated films.

The Frog Princess is supposed to be their first 2D theater film since 2004's Home on the Range.

I plan to add them all to my DVD collection eventually

Whenever I see this thread, I think it says "Disney Awesome-titty".

Which sounds like a really interesting thread.

I grew up on a few Disney movies, most notably Robin Hood and Sword in the Stone, neither of which I've seen in probably a decade, but I will nonetheless love forever.

I had an Aladdin phase, where I couldn't get enough of that movie. I even bought the saoundtrack.

And Lilo and Stitch was great, the best recent animated film I've seen this side of Miyazaki. I even teared up a little during it.

But my favorite Disney movie has got to be Sleeping Beauty. The animation is Disney at their absolute peak, the story is exciting and full of adventure (it's about the Prince, not the titular Beauty), and has probably the best climactic battle Disney's ever done.

I know some people are turned off by the name and presumed subject matter, but seriously, this is great.

I want to weigh in on my top 10:

10: Sleeping Beauty: wonderful animation, awesome dragon, dashing hero
9: The Little Mermaid: good movie. It has a spot in my heart because the mermaid's cousin wa sin my elementary school class, and she got a bunch of the animators and voice actors to come to my school and show us behind-the-scene unfinished clips, and talk about the process of making the film. Coolest thing that I learned in Elementary School.
8: Alice in Wonderland: Trippy and scary! The sheer insanity of this movie astounds me.
7: Lilo and Stitch: I suspect, if I ever have a daughter, she will behave much like Lilo. Definitely one of the top 3 most random movies Disney has put out.
6: Dumbo: I haven't seen it in a long time, but I watched it twice daily as a child.
5: Aladdin: Genie was awesome and Jafar is a great bad guy. I had my first kiss watching this movie. Chicks dig "A Whole New World."
4: Robin Hood: In my favorite genre with awesome music. Favorite music in a Disney film.
3: The Emperor's New Groove: Any movie with Kronk in it would have been a favorite of mind. Add in the random Llama humor, a touchingly genuine voice performance from John Goodman, CREEPy Izma, and the line "Um...I just got turned into a cow. Can I go home?" and I was rolling in the isles!
2: The Sword in the Stone: I am a sucker for adaptations of British novels that perfectly capture the spirit of the book while maintaining the integrity of the film medium. This mocie recognized the limitations of film, and did an awesome rendition of the first 3rd of The Once and Future King.
1: The Lion King: Other than my contention against Disney claiming this as an "original story," I love it. In fact, I love it because it is NOT an original story. I love it because it is a faithful and beautifully rendered adaptation of my favorite Shakespearean tragedy, Hamlet. Also, Scar and the Hyenas are VERY cool. More villains need battle-cry songs. "Our teeth and Ambitions are bared! Be PREPARED!"

Hurcules, Tarzan, and Hunchback are the only Disney animated features I have seen that left me underwhelmed. That said, I havn't seen lots of recent ones, such as Home on the Range or Brother Bear.

the bit in Robin Hood where the snake gets trashed was :lol:

heres some stupid fact about Alice In Wonderland. i actually live in the town where Lewis Carrol wrote the book and got his inspiration from a girl who lived here called Alice that he met whilst on vacation and also the rabbit holes on the Great Orme
thats the rumour anyway but we also have a statue of alice and some of the other characters near one of our beaches

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back