Do you have faith in Bendis for the future of USM? (Spoilers!)

Do you have faith in Bendis' future for Ultimate Spider-Man

• Total voters

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I think the majority of the board can/will agree the clone saga was a flop and an insult to actual Ultimate Spider-Man fans. Also it was interesting to see in an earlier poll reflecting a more positive attitude towards the whole of Bendis/Bagley's USM run.

So do you think the road to the clone saga and the clone saga itself was a mile long setback and that we'll have better USM stories from Bendis in the future?

Re: Do you have faith in Bendis for the future of USM?

No, Bendis and Bagley are past their expiry date. Get a new creative team on after Carnage.

I have yet to read USM 105 but I have no hope and if the next issue isnt amazing or atleast shows an enormous amount of promise than I'm dropping it, so I say no, Bendia has just been getting worse and worse.

Well can it get anyworst than the clone saga?

I have hope in the USM not in Bendis. His days in USM are over IMO.

Last edited:

He's mailed in the last 4 or 5 arcs (not counting Warriors, which was pretty good), none of which had any sort of imagination to them. I wouldn't trust he could get the book back to when it was good.

I have faith, I have doubts, but Bendis has it in him to turn this series back on the right track... Hopefully a monthly schedule (as opposed to monthly+) and a new artistic direction will have him work up to a more than decent finale, after which he should leave the book forever.

Such a great question. While the book itself is currently pure garbage.......Bendis shines on the character driven issues revolving around Peter/Kitty or Peter/MJ. When he decides to focus on the relationship dichotomy of USM, he captures the character perfectly (when he's not speaking Yiddish).

His stories normally fall apart when you get to the Spiderman aspect of the character. Ironic no?

Do I faith? Yes. Unfortunately, Bendis has a habit of letting me down. So.........

I just wish he'd drop this and get making a Luke Cage series. Maybe with Mike Deodato on art.

I thought you hated Deodato?

Oh I do. Believe me I do.

But his art capture Luke perfectly in issue #17 of New Avengers (I could be wrong about the issue #------it was the issue that opened with the NA standing in the middle of the ghetto).

Such a great question. While the book itself is currently pure garbage.......Bendis shines on the character driven issues revolving around Peter/Kitty or Peter/MJ. When he decides to focus on the relationship dichotomy of USM, he captures the character perfectly (when he's not speaking Yiddish).

His stories normally fall apart when you get to the Spiderman aspect of the character. Ironic no?

Do I faith? Yes. Unfortunately, Bendis has a habit of letting me down. So.........

I just wish he'd drop this and get making a Luke Cage series. Maybe with Mike Deodato on art.

Oh god, no...please, lord, NO MORE Luke Cage.

Oh god, no...please, lord, NO MORE Luke Cage.

I agree. I like the character a lot, but Bendis isn't going to drop any of his other titles anytime soon and he's already stretched thin.

I think New Avengers has just the right amount of Luke Cage and if he gets his own series, he'll just get overexposed. It annoys me a little bit; if a character gets their own series, it makes more sense for them to show up less in other titles. However, it makes business sense for him to show up in more titles to pimp out his own series, thus resulting in overexposure. There's also increased risk of bad writers or writers who don't understand him getting their hands on the character and screwing him up.

I agree. I like the character a lot, but Bendis isn't going to drop any of his other titles anytime soon and he's already stretched thin.

I think New Avengers has just the right amount of Luke Cage and if he gets his own series, he'll just get overexposed. It annoys me a little bit; if a character gets their own series, it makes more sense for them to show up less in other titles. However, it makes business sense for him to show up in more titles to pimp out his own series, thus resulting in overexposure. There's also increased risk of bad writers or writers who don't understand him getting their hands on the character and screwing him up.

It was cool when Luke was a supporting Character in Alias and then the Pulse. It was cool when he kept on showing up in Daredevil. Now, he's a main character in everything Bendis writes, which, by the way is too much.

It was cool when Luke was a supporting Character in Alias and then the Pulse. It was cool when he kept on showing up in Daredevil. Now, he's a main character in everything Bendis writes, which, by the way is too much.

I thought he'd only been in New Avengers recently. Bendis' Daredevil run was a while ago and Alias and Pulse are both gone.

For a while, I thought Luke Cage was behind the Clone Saga.

Latest posts

Back