Dr. Strange - MCU Film

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
Looks like Marvel are finally getting the ball rolling on Dr. Strange for Phase 3.

Marvel meeting with several directors and writers for Dr. Strange film

What's interesting is the info regarding them finding it difficult to adapt and mesh Strange's supernatural and weirder subject matter with the more sci-fi/tech related focus of the other films. However, with Feige pushing for it to happen and Marvel's habit of great casting and hiring decent writing teams, I think it'll turn out well and work with the other films. In fact it'd be interesting to see them tackle the supernatural elements. I also think it could serve as a good way of introducing Hel and other Asgardian realms which involve the supernatural, not to mention non-Asgardian supernatural realms. Just think a cool little cameo of Strange peering through the Eye of Agamatto and giving us a glimpse of Surtur or some other big bad would be a great post credit scene for the film and be a nice way of tying it into the existing mythology while allowing it to expand in its own direction.

Bleeding Cool mentions rumor of Mads Mikkelsen for Doctor Strange role:

1010103_823240337692540_119331286_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm. That goes directly against my casting of Benedict Cumberbatch

Sounds like a weird choice, but the fact that they've been spot on with most of their casting choices earns them the benefit of the doubt from me. I'm still in love with the idea of Mads Mikkelsen as Strange though.

Ew. Anyone but Leto

Jim Belushi, then?

Seriously, Leto is a great actor, and with his hair cut short, a goatee, and some black hair dye can look the part quite well, besides likely play the role perfectly.

You seem to be completely overlooking how spot on Marvel is with their casting choices. Why would you assume that would change here? No offense, but Marvel is going to know who should play their roles better than any of us. We may have our opinions, but theirs is the only one that counts. Besides, it's an inherently better and more inspired choice than Johnny Depp.

Granted, it's not been confirmed, but the same sources that reported the Dr. Strange film and director reported this, so it's likely.

Taylor Lautner?

I heard rumors Marvel were meeting with Lady Gaga for the role of Captain Marvel.

I can't stand to even look at Leto. Something about his face just infuriates me. I can't explain it.

I can't stand to even look at Leto. Something about his face just infuriates me. I can't explain it.

That's... weird.

Sorry, mate. Again, it's not confirmed, but I can definitely see Marvel taking this route.

Sounds like a weird choice, but the fact that they've been spot on with most of their casting choices earns them the benefit of the doubt from me. I'm still in love with the idea of Mads Mikkelsen as Strange though.

I'm quite glad Mikkelsen isn't up for the part. I like Mikkelsen, but he'd be wrong for the role of Dr. Strange. Mikkelsen tends to downplay and come across as somewhat reserved in every role I've seen him in, almost a bit wooden. Also, physically, he doesn't really fit the look. Strange is a handsome guy, Mikkelsen is... awkward looking.

Latest posts

Back