Dragonball Evolution

Old picture dude. That's what it is meant to look like with no cgi effects e.g hair.

Wait...you're saying they're going to CGI hair onto that thing? Thats about the most retarded thing I've ever heard. One, it costs way more money to do it that way instead of just using REAL hair as is normally done in a case like this (mask/make-up effects), and two the CGI hair is going to look less realistic than the REAL hair would have. Why not just construct the mask/make-up applications with hair on it already?

I can't believe that...of all the dumb *** mistakes they've already made, they decide that they're going to CGI hair for no conceivable reason.

Jesus.

Wait...you're saying they're going to CGI hair onto that thing? Thats about the most retarded thing I've ever heard. One, it costs way more money to do it that way instead of just using REAL hair as is normally done in a case like this (mask/make-up effects), and two the CGI hair is going to look less realistic than the REAL hair would have. Why not just construct the mask/make-up applications with hair on it already?

I can't believe that...of all the dumb *** mistakes they've already made, they decide that they're going to CGI hair for no conceivable reason.

Jesus.

I can see why they would, if they wanted it animated like standing on edge swirling in the wind, that may be better suited with cgi to get a particular vision down. Now the thing that's ****ing retarded is that there is no place marked for digital reference.

I can see why they would, if they wanted it animated like standing on edge swirling in the wind, that may be better suited with cgi to get a particular vision down. Now the thing that's ****ing retarded is that there is no place marked for digital reference.

Well It's possible the dark bit at the top is reference. look at the size of it. It's very reasonable to see this as a transformation state. I.e his human form turning into the giant ape.

But either way it was confirmed that picture is not the final look. Others say they are adding hair too it like the costume in game I posted. Others think it might not be Goku (evil clones they mentioned)

May or may-not mean anything but Here is a picture of goku's Oozaru form from the game of this movie :

Judging by that picture plus the previously posted picture of Oozaru Goku I think they are the same person but like I had commented on they would mostly use cgi to add hair and it could look cool.

If it looks like that in the film then I was right. That does look cool and hair has been added later. But again its from game so it might not be anything e.g Spider-man 2 had Shocker but he was not in the film.

I actually like this picture.

And I don't care what excuse is given, CGI hair is dumb.

Not really. Considering the character in question = a giant ape is it any different than CGI King kong?

Last edited:
Not really. Considering the character in question = a giant ape is it any different than CGI King kong?

Not when ALL of Kong is CGI. They didn't have a guy in a rubber suit and mask running around as Kong and then CGI the hair in later.

Thats whats happening here.

Unless Goku's hair does something along the lines of Medusa's (the Inhumans character), I don't see the point.

20th Century Fox's anime-to-film adaptation Dragonball: Evolution enjoyed a healthy debut at the international box office over the weekend.

According to Screen Daily, Dragonball: Evolution earned $10.1 million from over 2000 screens in eight Asian territories. The trade reports that Dragonball "delivered Fox's fourth and third best opening weekends of all time in China and Malaysia, grossing $3.4m from 855 and $731,441 from 110, respectively."

More here

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/962/962820p1.html

That review really makes me want to see this now.

http://www.youtube.com/user/10TBofDBbyGojiitaAF

Everything but the final fight and the very first ten minutes is on Youtube.

Good lord that was god awful, I mean I knew it was going to suck but I thought I could at least enjoy the action scene. But Jesus Christ, it's like they were even trying. This may be okay for a made for tv deal that was made ten years ago, but not a major block buster. I'm glad I didn't have a chance to sit throw the last scenes. More time for me to waste on other things

So in this movie was Goku just a Peter Parker rip off?

Maybe Wong should be charged with theft for stealing so many story ideas from the Spider-Man movies?

Goku is Parker, Fuller is Flash Thompson and I'm guessing Chi Chi is gong to be MJ or something, heck Piccolo is already green, I'm surprised they didn't give him a glider and have him throw pumpkins at Goku.

Latest posts

Back